[RELEASE] camera_patch_lite plugin for Adrenaline eCFW

HENkaku the homebrew enabler. Hacks, Mods, Games, Emulators & Homebrew
CriminalUpperEX

Re: [RELEASE] camera_patch_lite plugin for Adrenaline eCFW

Post by CriminalUpperEX » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:24 pm

I wasn't able to make the plugin work, because I don't have access to the "ms0" directory (where is this directory?). But I read on Wololo that you can alternatively put the plugin in "ux0:/pspemu/seplugins", so I tried that, but nothing happened. Even if it does work, I think we will only be able to move the camera to the left and right in Valkyria Chronicles 3, because you move the camera up by pressing triangle and down by pressing X. Unless you can map triangle, x, R and L all to the right analog at the same time.
Freakler
Site Admin

Post by Freakler » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:59 am

CriminalUpperEX wrote:I wasn't able to make the plugin work, because I don't have access to the "ms0" directory (where is this directory?). But I read on Wololo that you can alternatively put the plugin in "ux0:/pspemu/seplugins", so I tried that, but nothing happened. Even if it does work, I think we will only be able to move the camera to the left and right in Valkyria Chronicles 3, because you move the camera up by pressing triangle and down by pressing X. Unless you can map triangle, x, R and L all to the right analog at the same time.
thats what I did :)
(you need to activate the plugin in the game.txt file)
CriminalUpperEX

Post by CriminalUpperEX » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:47 am

Freakler wrote: thats what I did :)
(you need to activate the plugin in the game.txt file)
Sorry for the noob question, but how do I do that? It's literally the first time that I've heard about a "ms0" directory and I don't seen to have access to it on my FTP program. I do have a "plugin" folder on ux0 but I can't find the "seplugin" folder, either. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Freakler
Site Admin

Post by Freakler » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:00 am

CriminalUpperEX wrote:Sorry for the noob question, but how do I do that?
Okay. You did everything right with "ux0:/pspemu/seplugins" but you need to register the plugin by creating a game.txt in the same folder where you write "ms0:seplugins/camera_patch_lite.prx 1" just like described in the first post. After that it should be active.
CriminalUpperEX

Post by CriminalUpperEX » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:41 am

Freakler wrote:Okay. You did everything right with "ux0:/pspemu/seplugins" but you need to register the plugin by creating a game.txt in the same folder where you write "ms0:seplugins/camera_patch_lite.prx 1" just like described in the first post. After that it should be active.
That's weird. It doesn't seem to work. I've followed your instructions through and through, and I've checked the recovery menu to make sure the plugin is enabled, but nothing happens. This ISO I'm using won't open on other emulators like ARK-2, so maybe the English patched version is different from the clean ISO? Well, at least I'm not getting any issue like lag or crash.
Freakler
Site Admin

Post by Freakler » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:47 am

CriminalUpperEX wrote:That's weird. It doesn't seem to work. I've followed your instructions through and through, and I've checked the recovery menu to make sure the plugin is enabled, but nothing happens. This ISO I'm using won't open on other emulators like ARK-2, so maybe the English patched version is different from the clean ISO? Well, at least I'm not getting any issue like lag or crash.
Well are the other games working? I added ULJM-05957
CriminalUpperEX

Post by CriminalUpperEX » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:25 pm

Freakler wrote:Well are the other games working?
Dang! It seems I'm too much of a weeaboo, so I don't have any of the other games on the list! :crazy: I'll look for some of them and then I get back to you later!
Freakler wrote:I added ULJM-05957
That's supposedly the same ID of the ISO I'm using right now. Unless modified ISOs cause some type of incompatibility. Does someone else tested it with a English patched ISO?
EDIT: Ok! Crisis Core seems to be working just fine along with the plugin. It seeems Valkyria Chronicles 3 is the only one that refuses to work.
ritchiedonovan

Post by ritchiedonovan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi,

First off, thanks for this! Absolutely awesome work! One thing, it doesn't seem to be working for The Warriors - is anyone else experiencing this?
Freakler
Site Admin

Post by Freakler » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:42 pm

ritchiedonovan wrote:One thing, it doesn't seem to be working for The Warriors - is anyone else experiencing this?
My bad, I only added the US version. It should work now..
ritchiedonovan

Post by ritchiedonovan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:39 am

Thanks - it works now - really appreciate your time! One last thing, in GTA and The Warriors you can't move with the left stick and move the camera with the right at the same time while in GUN Showdown you can. I take it there is no way to do this due to the special way that the camera was originally designed in the Rockstar games?

EDIT: Oh, what version of Motorstorm Arctic Edge are you using? I tried it and it black screened after the first race?