PS4 FW 4.70

News, Games Updates and everything SW related
TheHorseCockExpress

PS4 FW 4.70

Post by TheHorseCockExpress » Tue May 30, 2017 9:27 am

Does anyone know if this does anything to Save Wizard?
Cordre69

Re: PS4 FW 4.70

Post by Cordre69 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:28 am

Can't use it if you save while on this FW. For the time being at least.
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Tue May 30, 2017 2:45 pm

This begs the question of whether this means that Sony actively knows about Save Wizard and are going out of their way to attempt to block it with each new update. It is annoying, to say the least.

I'm more pissed that this means the chances of Dragon Quest Heroes II being added is delayed... I know they will get Save Wizard working again, they did with the last two or three firmware updates, so that won't be a problem, it's just a matter of time now.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
UntoldTruth

Post by UntoldTruth » Tue May 30, 2017 3:56 pm

Darth Revenger wrote:This begs the question of whether this means that Sony actively knows about Save Wizard and are going out of their way to attempt to block it with each new update. It is annoying, to say the least.

I'm more pissed that this means the chances of Dragon Quest Heroes II being added is delayed... I know they will get Save Wizard working again, they did with the last two or three firmware updates, so that won't be a problem, it's just a matter of time now.
This has nothing to do with Save Wizard. It is just how new FW works. When it gets updated, save wizard will need to be updated. Meh I use my ps4 for online features too much to not update so hopefully they get it working again soon.
flyingcloud11

Post by flyingcloud11 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:48 pm

Darth Revenger wrote:This begs the question of whether this means that Sony actively knows about Save Wizard and are going out of their way to attempt to block it with each new update. It is annoying, to say the least.

Lol you're dumb if you think FW updates are because of SW. There's rumors of a 5.0 update being announced at E3. Plus new firmware updates will be on the horizon whether cyber gadget/save wizard existed or not.
Lakell00

Post by Lakell00 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:55 pm

too bad i found out after i download the update that it ont work with sw for now o well i can live a few days without sw
BurnKnuckle

Post by BurnKnuckle » Tue May 30, 2017 8:18 pm

flyingcloud11 wrote:

Lol you're dumb if you think FW updates are because of SW. There's rumors of a 5.0 update being announced at E3. Plus new firmware updates will be on the horizon whether cyber gadget/save wizard existed or not.
Alright but to be fair, you didn't need to call him dumb for that or insult him. His answer is not hurting anyone. Putting my cents on quoting here.
UntoldTruth

Post by UntoldTruth » Wed May 31, 2017 12:28 am

Lakell00 wrote:too bad i found out after i download the update that it ont work with sw for now o well i can live a few days without sw
You're silly if you think it will only take a few days. I expect it will be down for at least a few weeks.
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Wed May 31, 2017 5:43 am

flyingcloud11 wrote:

LMAO .

here is a question for you if you dont think that they put something in to try to stop the save Editors . then why would they bother changing the Damn key. anyone with a hex editor can see that they Changed the KEY to type 3

Under 4.50 = V1 (this is the type that Xploder wants)
4.50 changed the Key to V2 ( note they did not even have this in the beta)
4.55 ( no key update)
4.70 changed this key to V3 ( note there is no reason to update this key outside of Savewizard/SE)

so yes FW will come out . but the only reason they change the key is to Stop something .
gavincorey97

Post by gavincorey97 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:18 am

only took a few days the last time they patched it out. (for cyber save editor, which is the same architecture?)