Is this safe to use and is it sanctioned by Save Wizard?

News, Games Updates and everything SW related
Darth Revenger

Is this safe to use and is it sanctioned by Save Wizard?

Post by Darth Revenger » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:29 am

Not even really sure what it does despite the short description:

http://x3t-infinity.com/PS4Packer

But basically this thing supposedly works in tandem with Save Wizard to do... God knows what. I'm guessing it's like a shortcut to access your saves from that one folder if you want to use a different hex editor while in Advanced Mode?
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
bree

Re: Is this safe to use and is it sanctioned by Save Wizard?

Post by bree » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:00 am

Darth Revenger wrote:Not even really sure what it does despite the short description:

http://x3t-infinity.com/PS4Packer

But basically this thing supposedly works in tandem with Save Wizard to do... God knows what. I'm guessing it's like a shortcut to access your saves from that one folder if you want to use a different hex editor while in Advanced Mode?

Got to love the video he made not showing in game if the PS4Packer really works or not.
chris83

Post by chris83 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:59 am

The program is definitely tied to SW because it recognizes the profiles and determines if they are replaceable. The resident evil 7 game seems to decrypt fine, but not bloodborne, dark souls 3, or Nioh, which is QMO. It says for external support because SW has none basically. That needs to be clarified. Could be an easier way to break QMO games or apply cheats easier? Maybe the program is tied to SW profiles because he is trying to limit the program? Buy SW, use my program for free. I don't know, but we will see later I guess.

Edit: I think they are making progress for a free save editor. The PS4 packer uses SW to decrypt and encrypt games.

https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps4-pack ... nity.2391/
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:26 am

Nope its trash... Not the dev and the tool but that whole psx post crap.

Look tool is a save editor and now he only wants to try PS4 with that tool of this. So look at what's out there and see what you could try by yourself to a point via FW1.76.

https://twitter.com/xb36hazard?lang=en Then this.. which don't make sense.

Game Play of GTA V modded save via GTA V Save Editor, Version 2.3.0.0

PS4 Packer Download at: http://www.X3T-Infinity.com/PS4Packer
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:53 am

bree wrote:Got to love the video he made not showing in game if the PS4Packer really works or not.
I didn't realize there was a video on the page because I forgot to enable/allow youtube in my NoScript add-on in Firefox browser. (Prevents pages/scripts from loading unless I enable it.) Although videos don't often help me much unless there's captions/subtitles since I'm hearing-impaired or if it shows, in great detail, specifically/explicitly what to do with something.
hackinformer wrote:Nope its trash... Not the dev and the tool but that whole psx post crap.

Look tool is a save editor and now he only wants to try PS4 with that tool of this. So look at what's out there and see what you could try by yourself to a point via FW1.76.

https://twitter.com/xb36hazard?lang=en Then this.. which don't make cents.

Game Play of GTA V modded save via GTA V Save Editor, Version 2.3.0.0

PS4 Packer Download at: http://www.X3T-Infinity.com/PS4Packer
For the record, I have used his Xbox 360 AIO and save editors with no problems and no malware/viruses/etc., I trust him on the Xbox 360 front. He's a good developer/programmer along with the great folks over at 360Haven.

But since PS4 modding/save editing scene is still somewhat new and except for the SW people keeping all of the good crap to themselves (Not too happy about that, "necessary evil" and all that), we hardly know anything about PS4 saves, encryption, protection and etc. So until we know more and it is fully open to the community, I don't trust most people's PS4 tools. That's why I wanted to inquire about this when I made this thread, see if it was safe and etc. and what it actually does. (Well now we know, I guess.)

Thanks for the responses. I think I will hold off messing around with this for the time being until we know much more. For the most part, SW does what I need it to... For now.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
Kyoshiro

Post by Kyoshiro » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:13 pm

The whole - PS4 Repacker program is, as of current, is just a way to decrypt a save, and Hex Edit, via an outside source, and not through SaveWizard. This allows for advanced mode on a game otherwise blacklisted by the SW team. Meaning, you could probably use HxD on Nioh right now.

Haven't tried it myself yet, but I do have the program downloaded and installed. Dude's not malicious, if that's what you're thinking.
chris83

Post by chris83 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:56 pm

Kyoshiro wrote:The whole - PS4 Repacker program is, as of current, is just a way to decrypt a save, and Hex Edit, via an outside source, and not through SaveWizard. This allows for advanced mode on a game otherwise blacklisted by the SW team. Meaning, you could probably use HxD on Nioh right now.

Haven't tried it myself yet, but I do have the program downloaded and installed. Dude's not malicious, if that's what you're thinking.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Unfortunately, when I tried to decrypt Nioh, I get an error.
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:56 pm

chris83 wrote:
Kyoshiro wrote:The whole - PS4 Repacker program is, as of current, is just a way to decrypt a save, and Hex Edit, via an outside source, and not through SaveWizard. This allows for advanced mode on a game otherwise blacklisted by the SW team. Meaning, you could probably use HxD on Nioh right now.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Unfortunately, when I tried to decrypt Nioh, I get an error.
Aw, man... That would've been cool. Sometimes it's nice to have an "unintended" workaround.
Hakamdeebad

Post by Hakamdeebad » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:18 pm

Same. I tried it with most of my saves, and it didn't work. :/ Would have been a nice tool though. We would be able to take the FFX save, decrypt it, manipulate it, and be able to use it with FFXED which would be amazing, re-encrypt it, and play FFXHD with amazing modifications.
OpusMortis

Post by OpusMortis » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:28 pm

Hakamdeebad wrote:We would be able to take the FFX save, decrypt it, manipulate it, and be able to use it with FFXED which would be amazing, re-encrypt it, and play FFXHD with amazing modifications.
I think you can do this already by transferring a PS3 save to PS4. I only have the game for PS3 so I've never tried it myself, but using the data transfer option at the main menu should let you use it. Of course, you'd need to have a PS3 and a PS3 copy of FFX to do this. PS3 copy of the game is pretty cheap now, though.