Is this safe to use and is it sanctioned by Save Wizard?

News, Games Updates and everything SW related
Hakamdeebad

Re: Is this safe to use and is it sanctioned by Save Wizard?

Post by Hakamdeebad » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:34 pm

OpusMortis wrote:I think you can do this already by transferring a PS3 save to PS4. I only have the game for PS3 so I've never tried it myself, but using the data transfer option at the main menu should let you use it. Of course, you'd need to have a PS3 and a PS3 copy of FFX to do this. PS3 copy of the game is pretty cheap now, though.
Oh yeah, no, I already know about that method. I haven't actually tried it but I do have the game on both PS3 and PS4, but I see no reason for it not to work. Although, I will say, if you do the SW advanced mode workaround and get your decrypted save from your temp file, and do the necessary modifications through HxD to make it work with FFXED, it completely works. The only problem is re-encrypting the save and putting it back in the game.
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Using something like this would be a good way to get your Save Wiz Revoked . i would say not a good idea ..
Hakamdeebad

Post by Hakamdeebad » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 pm

Skiller wrote:Using something like this would be a good way to get your Save Wiz Revoked . i would say not a good idea ..
I was going to ask why 'cause all I would wanna use it for is to be able to use HxD and possible future save editors, but then, I remembered all the Nioh bs. UGHHHHH WHY DOES SOMEONE HAVE TO RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE...
chris83

Post by chris83 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:28 pm

Skiller wrote:Using something like this would be a good way to get your Save Wiz Revoked . i would say not a good idea ..
You wouldn't really know if anyone was using the program because SW has to be installed and you don't have to start SW to use it. Of course, SW could send a cease and desist letter because the program recognizes the profiles and possibly the decryption/encryption features for those games. Besides it doesn't work anyway lol. However, for those that want to use it, SW developers get more money because SW is required.
Last edited by chris83 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:11 am

chris83 wrote:
You wouldn't really know if anyone was using the program because SW has to be installed and you don't have to start SW to use it. Of course, SW could send a cease and desist letter because the program recognizes the profiles and possibly the decryption/encryption features for those games. Besides it doesn't work anyway lol. However, for those that want to use it, SW developers get more money because SW is required.
Just because SaveWiz needs to be installed means nothing .. if its Hijacking the API then even more so .

and to say that your not going to know if its being used. and if you dont need to open SW to use it that means 1 Hijacking or 2 using Dumped GUIs information.
And if you think that They cant tell whats Accessing there server .. That be kinda funny why take all that information to secure the product and leave this kind of thing open ?

1 how you think they track the PC you activate on .
2 How you think they track the profiles you add
3 do you think they dont know what codes and things your using ? to there server .

Hakamdeebad wrote:
I was going to ask why 'cause all I would wanna use it for is to be able to use HxD and possible future save editors, but then, I remembered all the Nioh bs. UGHHHHH WHY DOES SOMEONE HAVE TO RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE...

u can already use Hxd and other tools you just need to use Quickmode or advanced to add them codes in . Just go to %temp%\SWPS4MAX
type it just like that into your folder bar (when you have advance mode open) and you will see the exact same file thats in Advanced and can open it in hxd .
sure you cant just edit it in hxd ud have to find in hxd edit in advanced or make Quick codes. but the point is you can still use external things to find the codes
chris83

Post by chris83 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:27 am

It is possible that the program is accessing their server since you don't have to open save wizard, don't have to select a profile, don't use quick codes, just plug in usb, select the game, and get ready to decrypt. Anyway, I don't know why we are having this discussion because the program is useless. If I was the programmer, I would be careful because that could cause issues with SW server.
Hakamdeebad

Post by Hakamdeebad » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:12 am

Guys, can someone make a post about the PS4 Packer possibly causing people to lose their SW? I downloaded the newest version of PS4 Packer hoping it might actually work since SW didn't issue a warning against it, and tried to use it, but it didn't work. Then, I went to open the SW app, and it asked for my activation code, which was weird, but I grabbed it and put it in, and it said that my key is invalid and gave me a 4005 error. I have emailed SW about this just so we can actually get official word from them on whether using this app in conjunction with SW is allowed or not and if I can get my SW back. I'll update you guys on what happens.
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:37 pm

Hakamdeebad wrote:Guys, can someone make a post about the PS4 Packer possibly causing people to lose their SW? I downloaded the newest version of PS4 Packer hoping it might actually work since SW didn't issue a warning against it, and tried to use it, but it didn't work. Then, I went to open the SW app, and it asked for my activation code, which was weird, but I grabbed it and put it in, and it said that my key is invalid and gave me a 4005 error. I have emailed SW about this just so we can actually get official word from them on whether using this app in conjunction with SW is allowed or not and if I can get my SW back. I'll update you guys on what happens.

its not up to SW to issue a warning .. if your not using something Official your taking a risk
its up to Ps4 packer to issue the warning .the person that made the packer program knows that this can happen .
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:38 pm

enisdeniz wrote:

no way this happens . what does SW team got to do with what i do on my saves ?

they have a program which i "PAID" for so they got what they needed from me !

now its up to me to do what i want to do with it. and if using a program to help me mod my save even more than what they are giving then why not ?

if they did that I'd ask for my money back BUT tbh i love SW team and they're continued support of the modding community

also. the guy clearlly did this with good intentions and he says"PS4 Packer is a app that I made to provide external support for modding PS4 saves" and its FREE

"IF" they actually revoke someone's access its gonna go bad for them in my opinion
I look at it like this:

I drive a vehicle. I order to drive I require a few things. A vehicle, insurance, registration, and a license.

The state provides a license, which I paid for, so I may drive. If I break driving laws I get in trouble, and if I keep it up my license gets revoked. Even though I paid for it, I now am not supposed to drive because I don't have a license.

Now, yes you can still drive but it is illegal. In this case, if it gets taken away you don't have access anyways.
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:43 pm

Actually, it sounds to me like someone created a program that attempts to circumvent something SW has done to protect themselves and the community. But as usual people are too dumb to understand that and want to have their cake and eat it too. If you circumvent protections put in place by a company then you take the risks of losing that program. If you modify software on the PS3 and log into the PlayStation Network does Sony not ban your account even though you paid for it and according to you "can do whatever you want with it?" They most certainly do. You know the risks when you do things and then pretend to be naive as if naivety is an excuse. If you get pulled over by a cop for speeding and tell him you didn't know the speed limit does he say "oh, ok. Then don't worry about it?" NO! He writes your ass a ticket!