Save Import Function?

News, Games Updates and everything SW related
Hakamdeebad

Save Import Function?

Post by Hakamdeebad » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:55 pm

@XXV Mentioned this on the FFXV thread on the last page and said to email the SW team about having them add this function.

I think it would be a great idea and would definitely make editing saves a lot easier (you'd be able to use FFXED on FFX saves), but are there any reasons why the SW team didn't add this in when they added the export function? Security issues? If no one thinks there's a huge problem with this, I think we should all start emailing them about this.

Thoughts, ideas, comments?
zachillios

Re: Save Import Function?

Post by zachillios » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:13 pm

Hakamdeebad wrote:@XXV Mentioned this on the FFXV thread on the last page and said to email the SW team about having them add this function.

I think it would be a great idea and would definitely make editing saves a lot easier (you'd be able to use FFXED on FFX saves), but are there any reasons why the SW team didn't add this in when they added the export function? Security issues? If no one thinks there's a huge problem with this, I think we should all start emailing them about this.

Thoughts, ideas, comments?
Only remote idea I could think of is they don't want people reverse engineering the decrypted saves, but you can already just take those from your temp folder. I think it's a great idea but who only knows
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:06 am

Also just the ability to copy paste values into it would be a huge blessing. Doing large scale edits in advanced mode takes forever.
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:36 am

people already have a hard time with Advanced mode .. what do you think would happen if they added a function that allowed you to import a file of your choice ? Someone is going to really mess up something and then try to import it to there Ps4 the save . and then when there system breaks u know exactly who they will blame not them self thats for sure :P

but in the end Sure ya Advanced users sure could start to understand a function like that but most user of this or even the GG are Simple End users that just Point click and press Apply :P and no im not trying to offend anyone its just the way the world work you have the People that DO and the People that USE its all life .
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:33 pm

^^^^^^ THIS!!!!
Hakamdeebad

Post by Hakamdeebad » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:59 pm

Skiller wrote:people already have a hard time with Advanced mode .. what do you think would happen if they added a function that allowed you to import a file of your choice ? Someone is going to really mess up something and then try to import it to there Ps4 the save . and then when there system breaks u know exactly who they will blame not them self thats for sure :P

but in the end Sure ya Advanced users sure could start to understand a function like that but most user of this or even the GG are Simple End users that just Point click and press Apply :P and no im not trying to offend anyone its just the way the world work you have the People that DO and the People that USE its all life .
While I do understand your POV, Advanced mode is already a pain for the users who DO, so even for users who create codes and such, it's a pain to deal with because of how user unfriendly it is. Also, again, if someone messes something up, the restore option SW provides comes into play here a lot. If it is deemed that an import function is too risky/unstable/problem causing, then I still believe having functions like copy/paste functions, or insert, or something is the least they can do.
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:42 pm

Hakamdeebad wrote:
Skiller wrote:people already have a hard time with Advanced mode .. what do you think would happen if they added a function that allowed you to import a file of your choice ? Someone is going to really mess up something and then try to import it to there Ps4 the save . and then when there system breaks u know exactly who they will blame not them self thats for sure :P

While I do understand your POV, Advanced mode is already a pain for the users who DO, so even for users who create codes and such, it's a pain to deal with because of how user unfriendly it is. Also, again, if someone messes something up, the restore option SW provides comes into play here a lot. If it is deemed that an import function is too risky/unstable/problem causing, then I still believe having functions like copy/paste functions, or insert, or something is the least they can do.
in reality i dont even use there advanced mode to make codes .. i use hexworkshop. then just move the codes over in Quick mode .
there advanced mode is just an Option you dont need to use it to make codes or find anything you can export the file and open the file in any Hex editor you want . the advanced mode on SW is just a Basic find and replace .. for basic users. any one that is in the know will have there own preferred way of finding stuff and use that most of the time be it hxd/hexworkshop or Beyond
Hakamdeebad

Post by Hakamdeebad » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:31 pm

One could definitely use a different hex editor to do all that stuff, but many SW users don't know how to make codes (me included), which makes the export function mainly for the people who know how to make codes. I know how to search and edit things, and I have found things before for KH1.5 and KH2.5 that I haven't shared because I didn't know how to make it applicable in Quick Codes form on PS3 GG. An export and import function would be highly useful as it will allow us to basically "decrypt" saves, do our edits with our own hex program, and then, "rencrypt" the saves for more convenience. It would also work greatly with dedicated save editors (such as FFXED for FFX). If SW doesn't want to do an import function, a copy/paste/insert/delete function would do more than enough as it would eliminate the need for an import function.