Game saves EU

News, Games Updates and everything SW related
SMNT

Game saves EU

Post by SMNT » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:44 pm

I wanted to help SW out with game saves from EU and all I got was a stupid reply.

So I don't bother sending them one. GRR. :evil:
Kitsune

Re: Game saves EU

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:07 pm

SMNT wrote:I wanted to help SW out with game saves from EU and all I got was a stupid reply.

So I don't bother sending them one. GRR. :evil:
I'm curious, what did the email say?
SMNT

Post by SMNT » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:52 am

I asked them if they would need some files and offered my help. They reply was about they only support games they have already codes for. I found the Email very impolite though. First they complain about having too less EU files and then they answer the contrary. Talk about logic, they have none it seems.
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:28 am

SMNT wrote:I asked them if they would need some files and offered my help. They reply was about they only support games they have already codes for. I found the Email very impolite though. First they complain about having too less EU files and then they answer the contrary. Talk about logic, they have none it seems.
Huh, that is rather strange. Pretty contradictory, like you said.

Perhaps it was some miscommunication? I mean, they never tell us what they are working on, they simply want us to send in saves with info on them.

Eh, what do I know.
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:00 pm

SMNT wrote:I asked them if they would need some files and offered my help. They reply was about they only support games they have already codes for. I found the Email very impolite though. First they complain about having too less EU files and then they answer the contrary. Talk about logic, they have none it seems.
like kit says maybe the issue is that your sending them an email asking something they have already told People to do. and there probably getting bombarded with the same email instead of emails that actually have viable data that could be use to Actually help others .

Iv never had an issue with anything iv submitted , As long as u give them some info or if the Games are already supported and you have a different id just uploaded it with the info . very simple .
tontsa00

Post by tontsa00 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:51 pm

Aren't EU game saves less thant USA and other regions on Save Wizard ?

Atleast it seems so when looking their game list's that there are more USA games version's than EU.

It almost feel like they don't seem to care about their EU customers much, only if there are like 1000-10000 requests for EU version game.
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:35 pm

tontsa00 wrote:Aren't EU game saves less thant USA and other regions on Save Wizard ?

Atleast it seems so when looking their game list's that there are more USA games version's than EU.

It almost feel like they don't seem to care about their EU customers much, only if there are like 1000-10000 requests for EU version game.
or they buy 1 version of the game and then check the submitted saves to make sure they are the same..

im going to say if they had to buy all regions games the price of this thing would go up

think about it

70$ game and some are 6 different Regions , that be 420$ per game that would not include there server cost.
tontsa00

Post by tontsa00 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Skiller wrote:
tontsa00 wrote:Aren't EU game saves less thant USA and other regions on Save Wizard ?

or they buy 1 version of the game and then check the submitted saves to make sure they are the same..

im going to say if they had to buy all regions games the price of this thing would go up

think about it

70$ game and some are 6 different Regions , that be 420$ per game that would not include there server cost.
You make good point, didn't tought that they have to "buy" each region game, but isn't PS4 region free ? So they don't even have to use different region PS4 consoles too ?
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:08 pm

tontsa00 wrote:
Skiller wrote:

think about it

You make good point, didn't tought that they have to "buy" each region game, but isn't PS4 region free ? So they don't even have to use different region PS4 consoles too ?
it is region free, but the thing to think about is importing games even if you buy it digitally is a fortune just because of exchange rates. Buying the jp version of nier automata was like $82. Also note that some save structures are slightly different depending on the region (Persona 5 was like this) So adding regions is not only tedious, but costly as well.
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:28 am

zachillios wrote:
tontsa00 wrote:
Skiller wrote:

think about it

it is region free, but the thing to think about is importing games even if you buy it digitally is a fortune just because of exchange rates. Buying the jp version of nier automata was like $82. Also note that some save structures are slightly different depending on the region (Persona 5 was like this) So adding regions is not only tedious, but costly as well.
And, eventually, when/if they come out with Region Resigning, that is going to prevent a lot of saves from being switched.

I have read a lot of posts requesting, and even demanding in some cases, for that feature but it is not going to work for everything, and I bet the SW Devs will be blamed for it too.

Sorry to piggyback off your post, you just happened to make a good point that I could use.