Will the Playstation Rewards program affect SW?

News, Games Updates and everything SW related
UncleEzio

Will the Playstation Rewards program affect SW?

Post by UncleEzio » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:31 am

Sony announced a Rewards Programs where you get Playstation Store credit to buy things by getting hard to acquire trophies and things like that. Since cheats used can help acquire trophies, I'm wondering if Sony will want SW banned now because it can be looked at as a means to rack up easy trophies and get credits easier.

Once money is involved, I tend to get worried. Video companies HATE when one can exploit even the smallest things for monetary gain.
PikaFiend

Re: Will the Playstation Rewards program affect SW?

Post by PikaFiend » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:04 am

I would guess that there's likelihood that there will be attempts to shut it down. However, I'd say it's more likely that they'll start locking saves and pushing other devs to do the same. Sony knows how SW works, they've been watching SW and GG since the beginning. They also know the steps that have been taken to prevent codes that are used specifically to get trophies. But, what do I know? I'm just a guy. All that can be said with any degree of confidence is time will tell.
"The Bird of Hermes is my name. Eat my wings to keep me tame." ~The Ripley Scroll, author unknown.
chris83

Re: Will the Playstation Rewards program affect SW?

Post by chris83 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:30 pm

I don't think so because let's look at the platinum rewards, that's $10 for 10 platinum trophies. Of course, you can resign game saves like crazy to your profile to earn trophies, but you still have to own the game. Sony is not going to worry about SW because if players want that free game, that's alot of platinum trophies to earn. If players want to buy games and resign constantly for easy trophies, they are going to spend more money and Sony will be happy about selling more games.