Do NOT update to PS4 FW 5.50

News, Games Updates and everything SW related
UntoldTruth

Re: Do NOT update to PS4 FW 5.50

Post by UntoldTruth » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:57 pm

The thing I find most annoying about people bitching is keep a ps4 you do not update. They are not that expensive. Have one that you keep on 5.05 or lower and one you update that way you never lose access to your games or save wizard and if you have one on 5.05 or lower one day you may be able to use homebrew. Don't bitch about save wizard. On their purchase page when you bought it they only guarantee it to work on the patch it last worked on. Its your fault not theirs, for assuming it will always work not matter what or that every fw sony releases that breaks save wizard will get bypassed immediately. If I were you I would go and find a 5.05 ps4 or lower before they sell out/cost $600+ with how close we are to getting homebrew.
chris83

Post by chris83 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:49 am

UntoldTruth wrote:The thing I find most annoying about people bitching is keep a ps4 you do not update. They are not that expensive. Have one that you keep on 5.05 or lower and one you update that way you never lose access to your games or save wizard and if you have one on 5.05 or lower one day you may be able to use homebrew. Don't bitch about save wizard. On their purchase page when you bought it they only guarantee it to work on the patch it last worked on. Its your fault not theirs, for assuming it will always work not matter what or that every fw sony releases that breaks save wizard will get bypassed immediately. If I were you I would go and find a 5.05 ps4 or lower before they sell out/cost $600+ with how close we are to getting homebrew.
It doesn't matter if SW gets fixed or not because $60 was worth it for all those games. If they fix the program, which I am sure they will, I will be glad to use it again. However, buying another PS4 with version 5.05 or below so cheats can be used is ridiculous. Even though I like playing online, that Metal Gear Survive is a bitch to farm lol.
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:43 am

chris83 wrote:
UntoldTruth wrote:However, buying another PS4 with version 5.05 or below so cheats can be used is ridiculous.
Well said, not all of us have that amount of disposable income.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
phatness2012

Post by phatness2012 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:33 am

well im one of the lucky ones that hasnt updated yet. i dont play many online games. ffxiv and dissidia nt mostly. ffxiv just released a new patch today. and im conflicted. ive backed up all my saves with 5.05. and id like to update so i can play xiv's new patch. does anyone know if you edit those files on sw and then upload them to my new updated system, will the new system accept them? i have to assume so, other wise why would ps4 even offer the option of backing up your saves? does anyone know for sure?

im prolly not going to wait for a response, as i have the update screen on my remote play as i type this... so i guess im gonna find out shortly... ill follow up here when i find out for sure...
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:05 am

phatness2012 wrote:well im one of the lucky ones that hasnt updated yet. i dont play many online games. ffxiv and dissidia nt mostly. ffxiv just released a new patch today. and im conflicted. ive backed up all my saves with 5.05. and id like to update so i can play xiv's new patch. does anyone know if you edit those files on sw and then upload them to my new updated system, will the new system accept them? i have to assume so, other wise why would ps4 even offer the option of backing up your saves? does anyone know for sure?

im prolly not going to wait for a response, as i have the update screen on my remote play as i type this... so i guess im gonna find out shortly... ill follow up here when i find out for sure...
I play XIV as well, I'll tell you 100% it's not worth updating over. Eureka is literally just kill weak enemies for countless hours. It's really boring and most people aren't even bothering. I personally wouldn't update if that's your sole reason why.
DeltaOblivion

Post by DeltaOblivion » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:24 am

I'm not worried in the least. Sure 5.50 update is a pain in the ass at the moment, but no update is perfect. I believe that update 5.50 has a flaw that sooner or later Save Wizard will crack in no time. Just don't update and if you did, then wait patiently. Me? Well I still have no internet due the slow recovery process from Hurricane Maria, so the only thing I'm b****ing at the moment is for my internet provider to get their arse in gear and fix my internet connection already. I haven't played a decent game since September 20th...that's over 6 months of boredom hell. I'm here thanks to my Smartphone, otherwise I'd already be venting out my frustrations with someone who doesn't deserve it. :cry:
GameRunnerX2

Post by GameRunnerX2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:01 am

DeltaOblivion wrote:I'm not worried in the least. Sure 5.50 update is a pain in the ass at the moment, but no update is perfect. I believe that update 5.50 has a flaw that sooner or later Save Wizard will crack in no time. Just don't update and if you did, then wait patiently. Me? Well I still have no internet due the slow recovery process from Hurricane Maria, so the only thing I'm b****ing at the moment is for my internet provider to get their arse in gear and fix my internet connection already. I haven't played a decent game since September 20th...that's over 6 months of boredom hell. I'm here thanks to my Smartphone, otherwise I'd already be venting out my frustrations with someone who doesn't deserve it. :cry:

lol you gonna go GTA on someone :lol:
UntoldTruth

Post by UntoldTruth » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:07 am

chris83 wrote:
UntoldTruth wrote:The thing I find most annoying about people bitching is keep a ps4 you do not update. They are not that expensive. Have one that you keep on 5.05 or lower and one you update that way you never lose access to your games or save wizard and if you have one on 5.05 or lower one day you may be able to use homebrew. Don't bitch about save wizard. On their purchase page when you bought it they only guarantee it to work on the patch it last worked on. Its your fault not theirs, for assuming it will always work not matter what or that every fw sony releases that breaks save wizard will get bypassed immediately. If I were you I would go and find a 5.05 ps4 or lower before they sell out/cost $600+ with how close we are to getting homebrew.
It doesn't matter if SW gets fixed or not because $60 was worth it for all those games. If they fix the program, which I am sure they will, I will be glad to use it again. However, buying another PS4 with version 5.05 or below so cheats can be used is ridiculous. Even though I like playing online, that Metal Gear Survive is a bitch to farm lol.
Its not about having a low firmware to cheat. Having a low firmware ps4 will be beneficial when stable homebrew release. Also if you think spending $200 to cheat is ridiculous when you already spent $60 you need to work on your principles. If $200 is ridiculous then so is $60....
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:08 pm

UntoldTruth wrote:Also if you think spending $200 to cheat is ridiculous when you already spent $60 you need to work on your principles. If $200 is ridiculous then so is $60....
That is the absolute dumbest thing I've read in a while. This is what piss poor logic looks like.

Nevermind the fact that you're under the mistaken impression that every last one of us is bitching about it, which is false.

I do not mind waiting for them to fix it and I know they will do so eventually, as they have the past several times.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
chris83

Post by chris83 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:47 am

UntoldTruth wrote:
chris83 wrote:
Its not about having a low firmware to cheat. Having a low firmware ps4 will be beneficial when stable homebrew release. Also if you think spending $200 to cheat is ridiculous when you already spent $60 you need to work on your principles. If $200 is ridiculous then so is $60....
Wow!!! I guess you will have to wake me up when someone releases a stable homebrew program. However, I am still not going to go buy a second PS4 just for that reason. For less than $200, I can stream Netflix for one year or I can just add the $200 to my savings account. If Sony releases a new update after SW cracks 5.50, I'm not going to question the SW team because I simply enjoy playing online and will always update my PS4.