Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

Maydin

Re: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

Post by Maydin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Rebel521 wrote:If anyone is interested, I found the ID for the Magic & Ultimate Key.

The only thing is because there are less digits in the ID than in normal items, in order to keep from corrupting the save you have to replace a key item with the magic & U.K. ID.

Obviously, you need to replace a key item you don't need anymore. I replaced the MMA draw item from the tournament in Octavia after the events were all concluded. You can also use the Keystone after you use the Door of departure and Grampa Chalky's letter you find in the box by the triangular rock.

Side note: unlike other games where the ultimate type key opens all locks, in this game the Magic Key opens only red doors and the Ultimate key opens only the silver doors.

replace 2 these items with ID for the keys
I_S_027 = Chalky's Letter
I_S_002 = Keystone
I_S_015 = MMA draw #

I_S_008 = Magic Key
I_S_009 = Ultimate Key

Now you can open all locked doors from early in the game.
Could you share these as quick codes? Thanks
Rebel521

Post by Rebel521 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:03 pm

Maydin wrote:
Rebel521 wrote:If anyone is interested, I found the ID for the Magic & Ultimate Key.

The only thing is because there are less digits in the ID than in normal items, in order to keep from corrupting the save you have to replace a key item with the magic & U.K. ID.

Obviously, you need to replace a key item you don't need anymore. I replaced the MMA draw item from the tournament in Octavia after the events were all concluded. You can also use the Keystone after you use the Door of departure and Grampa Chalky's letter you find in the box by the triangular rock.

Side note: unlike other games where the ultimate type key opens all locks, in this game the Magic Key opens only red doors and the Ultimate key opens only the silver doors.

replace 2 these items with ID for the keys
I_S_027 = Chalky's Letter
I_S_002 = Keystone
I_S_015 = MMA draw #

I_S_008 = Magic Key
I_S_009 = Ultimate Key

Now you can open all locked doors from early in the game.
Could you share these as quick codes? Thanks
The item offsets are constantly changing which makes creating reliable quick codes pretty much impossible. It is actually much easier to use advanced mode to change the items.

Once you have the items in your important item inventory, just use the following steps to change them:

1- choose advanced mode on your save.
2- choose the save you want to modify by using dropdown menu in upper left. 255 is autosave, 000 is save in slot 1, 001 is save in slot 2 and so on.
3- click on the magnifying glass to open search box and change from "hex" to "text".
4- enter the ID for one of the items you want to replace (like I_S_002 for keystone) and press find.
5- on the right side of screen you will see the I_S_002 highlighted. Click on the 002 and change it to 008 for magic key.
6- repeat step 4 with a different ID you want to replace and this time replace it with the ID for ultimate key.
7- press "apply" and you're done.
Maydin

Post by Maydin » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:45 am

Thanks for the help Rebel but it seems like the ids on my save on advance mode are different
slyhero

Post by slyhero » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:57 am

Hi. Is that possible to create quick codes for activating Draconian Quest restrictions during the story?

Thanks in advance :)
Rebel521

Post by Rebel521 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Maydin wrote:Thanks for the help Rebel but it seems like the ids on my save on advance mode are different
The item IDs should be the same for everyone. The offsets change but the IDs should be the same.

Are you sure you have the items you want to replace in your important item list? Are you choosing a manual save or the autosave? Also, when using SW search feature you have to match the text case. If you search i_s_002 instead of I_S_002 it won't find anything.

Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you.
Maydin

Post by Maydin » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Rebel521 wrote:
Maydin wrote:Thanks for the help Rebel but it seems like the ids on my save on advance mode are different
The item IDs should be the same for everyone. The offsets change but the IDs should be the same.

Are you sure you have the items you want to replace in your important item list? Are you choosing a manual save or the autosave? Also, when using SW search feature you have to match the text case. If you search i_s_002 instead of I_S_002 it won't find anything.

It finally worked.Thanks :D :D :D :thumbup:
Bombul

Post by Bombul » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Maydin wrote:
Rebel521 wrote:

How did you get it to finally work?

I'm pretty sure I have both items in the important item list, but I just cannot find I_S_027 and I_S_002. I can find plenty of other I_S_XXX items though.
Maydin

Post by Maydin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Bombul wrote:
Maydin wrote:
Rebel521 wrote:

I'm pretty sure I have both items in the important item list, but I just cannot find I_S_027 and I_S_002. I can find plenty of other I_S_XXX items though.

I tested on the other I_S XXX items until it replaced 2 times I didn't need anymore
Bombul

Post by Bombul » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Maydin wrote:
Bombul wrote:
Maydin wrote:
Rebel521 wrote:

I tested on the other I_S XXX items until it replaced 2 times I didn't need anymore
Do you still remember which are the Chalky letter and Keystone codes in your game?
Bombul

Post by Bombul » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:27 pm

If anyone is interested, I have managed to find the locations for the Chalky letter and the Keystone: I_S_020 and I_S_021 respectively. Did this by sequentially increasing the quantity of each I_S_XXX item, and corroborating the numbers in-game.

Do note there is another pair of I_S_020 and I_S_021 further down the list, which I'm not sure what they are. GO FOR THE VERY FIRST PAIR OF CODES, that worked for me.