Bloodborne cheat still work?

Xfacadex

Bloodborne cheat still work?

Post by Xfacadex » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:31 am

I haven't used it since before 6.00 dropped and I got an itch to create a new character. However the echos code doesn't appear to be working and I've tripled checked on using the correct slot.

Anyone try it recently to see if it still works?
Xfacadex

Re: Bloodborne cheat still work?

Post by Xfacadex » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:00 am

Ok it does, but I guess you now need at least one echo for it to work. It doesn't work until i saved the game with at least one
NegaBioLizard

Re: Bloodborne cheat still work?

Post by NegaBioLizard » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:01 pm

That's because most games now have mostly empty save data, and they only fill in as you fill up your inventory. It's much different from PS1/PS2 era saves where you could modify a single byte at a fixed address in the save data in order to max out your inventory for an item. Unfortunately, game developers have gotten wise and now they often make item locations variable within the save. A lot of games now don't have a single fixed location to manipulate item amounts, and instead you have to wait for the game to actively fill in the item IDs while you play (i.e. you must collect at least one of the item) so that you can modify their values later. It's very risky to try to add items manually these days, as you can easily corrupt your save.