Evil Within 2 help?

Lightis

Evil Within 2 help?

Post by Lightis » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:02 pm

Ive tried but I cant figure out whats what on here like how to give max ammo and such any ideas or tips?

NegaBioLizard

Re: Evil Within 2 help?

Post by NegaBioLizard » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:19 pm

Um... There are quick codes that give max ammo, resources, locker keys, green gel, red gel, gun parts, and all the rest. You could just use those. I tested them, they work.
Lightis

Post by Lightis » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:31 pm

NegaBioLizard wrote:Um... There are quick codes that give max ammo, resources, locker keys, green gel, red gel, gun parts, and all the rest. You could just use those. I tested them, they work.

It says on the site and in the app that there is no quick mode for it only advanced mode.
Lightis

Post by Lightis » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:38 pm

getting this error when I try to do quick mode.
NegaBioLizard

Post by NegaBioLizard » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:50 pm

Lightis wrote:
NegaBioLizard wrote:Um... There are quick codes that give max ammo, resources, locker keys, green gel, red gel, gun parts, and all the rest. You could just use those. I tested them, they work.

It says on the site and in the app that there is no quick mode for it only advanced mode.
Really? So then what's this?

https://imgur.com/a/umpaR

I was able to apply the cheats just fine. I used them to get max resources a couple of days ago. Even in the image you uploaded, it says GAME SLOT 10 and next to that it says Cheats: 24, meaning there are 24 quick mode codes available.

My guess is that you have the wrong drive selected because the message says that your USB drive is on drive D:\ drive but your Save Wizard client says that it is looking at the F:\ drive. Also, maybe you have some sort of protection on your USB? Or just try closing Save Wizard, copying your save from your PS4 to USB again, and then try to apply cheats again.
Lightis

Post by Lightis » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:00 pm

figured it out it was an older save before the update fixed it now thanks anyway!
gagliardi

Post by gagliardi » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:35 pm

I'm trying to develop a starter-save for The Evil Within 2. (I did this on TEW1 and it got really good).
I tried the other channel discord but I think the people there just like to talk.
I was able to change the gun to magnum but I'm not having success with ammo and syringes. For each item collected, reset the values.
I studied the save "classic" (where infinite ammo is given) and tried to change it but the game crash.
Can someone help or indicate where I can get information?

SW applied the codes 00 7F 96 98 to the ammo quantity sites, etc. but after collecting any item, the reset occurs.

This save is different from Evil Within 1 .... (it was much easier)
Now with the "inventory" I think it complicated things.

I'm committed to achieving this, but I'm totally noob on the subject ... I only focus on intuition ... but I usually get success.
NegaBioLizard

Post by NegaBioLizard » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:24 pm

gagliardi wrote:I'm trying to develop a starter-save for The Evil Within 2. (I did this on TEW1 and it got really good).
I tried the other channel discord but I think the people there just like to talk.
I was able to change the gun to magnum but I'm not having success with ammo and syringes. For each item collected, reset the values.
I studied the save "classic" (where infinite ammo is given) and tried to change it but the game crash.

SW applied the codes 00 7F 96 98 to the ammo quantity sites, etc. but after collecting any item, the reset occurs.

I'm committed to achieving this, but I'm totally noob on the subject ... I only focus on intuition ... but I usually get success.
I had the same problem trying to mod a save for TEW1 on PS4. Every time I modded my ammo or stock ammo 9,999 the value would reset to normal if I reloaded the weapon. I know that someone was able to mod a PS3 version save and they were able to get the mods to stick even after reloading. Were you able to do this at all?
gagliardi

Post by gagliardi » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:39 pm

NegaBioLizard wrote:
gagliardi wrote:I'm trying to develop a starter-save for The Evil Within 2. (I did this on TEW1 and it got really good).

I had the same problem trying to mod a save for TEW1 on PS4. Every time I modded my ammo or stock ammo 9,999 the value would reset to normal if I reloaded the weapon. I know that someone was able to mod a PS3 version save and they were able to get the mods to stick even after reloading. Were you able to do this at all?
I've never heard of it .... I'm just trying to make the mod in ps4 save. TEW2 only on ps4.
NegaBioLizard

Post by NegaBioLizard » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:00 pm

So for anyone still playing The Evil Within 2, I was trying to mod a starter save in Classic Mode for the community by changing the number of limited saves. Normally Classic Mode limits you to 7 saves only, so what I'm trying to do is change the "number of times saved" stored in the save file to zero. My hope is that when the game loads up it will see that you have saved zero times, and so it will reset your counter and give you the full 7 remaining saves at any time during your playthrough. I have found where the game save stores the number of times saved, as well as the playtime if anyone is interested in bringing their game time back to 00:00:00. If you open Advanced Mode on your save, these values are stored just after the end of your inventory, which you can see in the image below is a few lines after the first projector slide (gaiden/slidefilm/01) that can be picked up in the beginning of Chapter 2. Playtime is stored in units of seconds a few lines below (in little endian), and the number of times saved is one line below that.

I've compared multiple saves on Classic Mode at the beginning of Chapter 2 where the only differing items are the playtime and the number of times saved, so I can say with certainty that the "02" in green is the number of times saved. (With each time saved, that number increased up to the maximum of "07"). Additionally, there are 4 bytes at the very end of the save that appear to have changed with each save, but my attempts to match them with the same values from my save with "6 Saves Remaining" did not appear to have any effect. Does anyone have any advice on this topic? I would really like to make a starter save on Classic Mode for the community for the one year anniversary for this game; and I am really hoping that the number of "Remaining Saves" is not stored in the .bin files associated with each game save since Save Wizard does not recognize these files.