Exiting Advanced Mode (Bloodborne) ::

ShardofManus

Exiting Advanced Mode (Bloodborne) ::

Post by ShardofManus » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:19 pm

Every time I try to apply the changes made in Advanced Mode I get a little popup saying I failed to connect to the server, to paraphrase.

Is there any fix for this? Don't want to have spent £50 on something that tells me I can't do what it's there to do.
zachillios

Re: Exiting Advanced Mode (Bloodborne) ::

Post by zachillios » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:20 am

ShardofManus wrote:Every time I try to apply the changes made in Advanced Mode I get a little popup saying I failed to connect to the server, to paraphrase.

Is there any fix for this? Don't want to have spent £50 on something that tells me I can't do what it's there to do.
Just to be clear, are you getting the error in the save wizard, or when you attempt to load your save in game?
ShardofManus

Post by ShardofManus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:14 am

zachillios wrote:Just to be clear, are you getting the error in the save wizard, or when you attempt to load your save in game?
Inside the Save Wizard, as I press the Apply button in the Advanced Mode.

EDIT :: I got it to work today. It must've simply been a temporary connection issue, either client side or a sudden and drastic drop in internet speed here (though I think that not the case since all else was working fine the entire day).

EDIT(2) :: That too was only temporary. No longer connecting again, 4 times in a row. ----- Now about 15. It worked once, and now it isn't at all.
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:38 pm

ShardofManus wrote:
zachillios wrote:Just to be clear, are you getting the error in the save wizard, or when you attempt to load your save in game?
Inside the Save Wizard, as I press the Apply button in the Advanced Mode.

EDIT :: I got it to work today. It must've simply been a temporary connection issue, either client side or a sudden and drastic drop in internet speed here (though I think that not the case since all else was working fine the entire day).

EDIT(2) :: That too was only temporary. No longer connecting again, 4 times in a row. ----- Now about 15. It worked once, and now it isn't at all.
I recall someone else having this issue, but I don't recall exactly how it was resolved. I would attempt to edit another game and see if it works, and if it doesn't we'll know it's a connection issue. If not, then I've got an idea on what it could be.
Cayrel

Post by Cayrel » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:26 am

I'm glad to see that i'm not the only one. This has been a terrible issue for me, I've had it sometimes fail a few times before deciding to work once and then sometimes it will fail 20+ times consecutively. I'll enter advanced mode, make my edits, hit "apply", the sub-menu will come up that shows progress bars, and once it should reach the "waiting for server to respond" phase, the menu just closes and my edits are lost to the ether. No error messages, just kicks me back to the list of saves on my USB drive.

My internet is pretty mediocre, but the connection is relatively stable and I don't see how it could consistently fail that many times in a row.

Edit1: To clarify, this is ONLY a problem for me when I edit Bloodborne files in advanced mode. I did some quick tests with other games' saves and it consistently worked.

Edit2: After more tests, the problem does not appear on my old laptop (running Windows 7) and only consistently shows up on my desktop (running Windows 10). I know that it could be a mere coincidence, but this wouldn't be the first time that Windows 10 has caused me grief in oddly specific ways.