The Evil Within

NegaBioLizard

The Evil Within

Post by NegaBioLizard » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:38 am

Hey guys,

So this is probably a long shot. Would anyone be willing to share a completed save file for The Evil Within (i.e. in new game plus mode)? I beat it back on PS3 in 2015 and recently downloaded it for PS4; I'm trying to get in the mood for The Evil Within 2 by doing another quick run through of this game for story and fun, but I can't bring myself to slog through the whole thing again just to get the good weapons. Since this game hasn't been added to the SW list yet, the only existing option is to resign another save, and Google hasn't turned up any good results. If anyone with a decent new game plus save can spare a couple of minutes to upload it, I'd be very grateful.

(disclaimer for any Moderators: I am not looking for this save for trophy purposes. If nobody uploads, I'll more than likely just wait for the SW team to put out some codes for max ammo, currency, etc.)
NegaBioLizard

Re: The Evil Within

Post by NegaBioLizard » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:07 am

Well, good to see that this message didn't even merit a reply from anyone. I just reached NG+ in Survival Mode, so I'm uploading the save here in case anyone else (like me) wanted to do a fun, quick run through with the Rocket Launcher, etc. before the sequel releases in a few weeks. You can resign it to your own accounts.

http://www.filedropper.com/cusa00203_2
TheHorseCockExpress

Post by TheHorseCockExpress » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Hi, I really appreciate the time you took to come up with this save as I've been holding off playing it until SW support. But this is better than nothing so thank you for the save.
NegaBioLizard

Post by NegaBioLizard » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:04 am

No problem. Glad it was of use to somebody. It was actually a lot easier going into it a 2nd time. Now I found out that the number of Bolt Parts can exceed 99 (I have 107 now) and apparently Green Gel can exceed 999,999. I uploaded a few different saves to the SW team with varying amounts of each resource in case it helps them get some codes started. I'm really trying to drive home the fact that I'd like to have some codes for The Evil Within 2 ASAP when it releases in a few weeks.
TheHorseCockExpress

Post by TheHorseCockExpress » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:33 am

NegaBioLizard wrote:No problem. Glad it was of use to somebody. It was actually a lot easier going into it a 2nd time. Now I found out that the number of Bolt Parts can exceed 99 (I have 107 now) and apparently Green Gel can exceed 999,999. I uploaded a few different saves to the SW team with varying amounts of each resource in case it helps them get some codes started. I'm really trying to drive home the fact that I'd like to have some codes for The Evil Within 2 ASAP when it releases in a few weeks.
Trust me, I appreciate all the work. I sent in a save also but your's has more unlocks and other things mine didn't and yes it'd be great if we could get codes shortly after the 2nd game releases.
NegaBioLizard

Post by NegaBioLizard » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:10 am

Seriously though, is there nobody who has a completed Akumu save file who's willing to share it? Been looking on sites like NextGenUpdate and nobody there is any help.
NegaBioLizard

Post by NegaBioLizard » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:12 am

By the way, here's SOMETHING if it helps anyone out. It's a PS3 autosave (sorry to the rest of the current gen customers) for The Evil Within which starts from New Game Plus on Akumu mode with EVERYTHING unlocked. It's an Ultimate Starter Save including:

99 Locker Keys
Unlocked Rocket Launcher w/999 Ammo
99 of each Agony Bolt
999 Grenades
9,999 all other ammo (stocked)
3,000,000 Green Gel
99 Health Syringes
999 Trap Parts

Unfortunately, you'll need to resign it using the PS3 Game Genie (same team as PS4 Save Wizard) or your choice of 3rd party software, then just copy it to your PS3. I'm not going to upload this to the SW website because I've already sent them six PS4 saves already, so I'm not sure that they'll even do anything if it's from me. Obviously this save could be a great help to have them make us some PS4 codes, but I'm not sure anything will happen at this point. You're all welcome to try.

http://www.filedropper.com/npub31392-games-quicksave
NegaBioLizard

Post by NegaBioLizard » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:22 am

Excellent news!!!!! It looks like somebody on the internet was gracious enough to upload a completed Akumu save with the included Profile data. I've uploaded both after having resigning and testing them myself You should be able to play on Akumu for any NG+ save file by resigning & copying over only the Profile data, but the included save for Slot 5 (Slot 6 in game) is for a completed NG+ Akumu file.

Don't worry, this one is for PS4 (NOT PS3) and is a system software 4.74 save, so it can still be resigned at the moment. Credit goes to asaad99 on the Nextgenupdate forums.

https://ufile.io/45tk6
NegaBioLizard

Post by NegaBioLizard » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:19 am

Thought I'd put this out there for everyone. Since SW unlocked Advanced Mode for The Evil Within, I tried to mod it like the PS3 save listed above. While you CAN mod your ammo, stocked ammo, and trap parts to 9999 each, it will NOT stay like in the PS3 version.

FYI, the values are actually really easy to find as long as you are looking at your loaded save, since the save file itself is annotated in the right margin. For instance, to modify magnum stock ammo just scroll until you find ammo/magnum/standard..'. in the margin and the stocked ammo value will be 4 spaces after the end of the word "standard". It's located at address 0000141F. So if you had 5 Mangum ammo in stock, the last 16 digits in the line would look like this: 64 61 72 64 00 00 00 05. Just Change 05 to 2705 (9,999 in Hex) so that the end of the line reads 64 61 72 64 00 00 27 0F. Your ammo will reset to the in-game maximum once you reload a weapon, but at least this way you can refill your ammo for each weapon if you want.
chris83

Post by chris83 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:28 pm

NegaBioLizard wrote:Thought I'd put this out there for everyone. Since SW unlocked Advanced Mode for The Evil Within, I tried to mod it like the PS3 save listed above. While you CAN mod your ammo, stocked ammo, and trap parts to 9999 each, it will NOT stay like in the PS3 version.

FYI, the values are actually really easy to find as long as you are looking at your loaded save, since the save file itself is annotated in the right margin. For instance, to modify magnum stock ammo just scroll until you find ammo/magnum/standard..'. in the margin and the stocked ammo value will be 4 spaces after the end of the word "standard". It's located at address 0000141F. So if you had 5 Mangum ammo in stock, the last 16 digits in the line would look like this: 64 61 72 64 00 00 00 05. Just Change 05 to 2705 (9,999 in Hex) so that the end of the line reads 64 61 72 64 00 00 27 0F. Your ammo will reset to the in-game maximum once you reload a weapon, but at least this way you can refill your ammo for each weapon if you want.
I knew this would happen because I modded the PS3 version and my ammo reset back to normal. I'm not sure how you modded your data, but the only thing that stayed for me was 999 parts. I did everything right.

I noticed something when I was looking at the evil within data last night for PS4, save wizard removed the detailed data, which displays difficulty, time, etc. I'm guessing it had something to do with the error.