Got a question about Bloodborne's Advanced Mode

Pumparu

Got a question about Bloodborne's Advanced Mode

Post by Pumparu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:00 pm

So say I have two 27.2% gems I want to edit and they both have the same secondary and curses, yeah? I use CTRL+F to find the code for it but I can only find one gem and not the other, what do I do to find the other?
zachillios

Re: Got a question about Bloodborne's Advanced Mode

Post by zachillios » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:07 am

Pumparu wrote:So say I have two 27.2% gems I want to edit and they both have the same secondary and curses, yeah? I use CTRL+F to find the code for it but I can only find one gem and not the other, what do I do to find the other?
That's why it's more reliable to search for your gem based on it's origin rather than its affect. I recommend exporting the save data and looking for it in HxD or another Hex program. Save Wizard's method of searching for duplicated data isn't great.
JDFRED06

Re: Got a question about Bloodborne's Advanced Mode

Post by JDFRED06 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Also verify you're using the right slave slot. The editor starts at 0000 and goes to 0010. Your saved profiles go from 1 to 10 (only 10 characters per account). User data 0000 corresponds to your first character (at the bottom of your load order), 0009 is your tenth character, while 0010 seems to be general account data.

The first time I went to edit gems, I was making edits but they weren't showing up. Thought the editor was bugged. Nope. Turns out I was editing the wrong character!