Need instruction for editing Dragon Quest XI

EruditoSystems

Need instruction for editing Dragon Quest XI

Post by EruditoSystems » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:11 pm

Good day all.

I have read a few posts regarding this game and learned that one can change an item into another item if you know the values. The thing is, how do I go about finding the things I edit? I know I can use "I_USE_001" to find the first item on the item bag, most likely a medicinal herb and change it into a seed of my choice since I have the values of those written down. But, how do I go about doing this? Can someone post me a screen-shot of what I should be looking at?

I just want to prevent any type of error or shenanigans when I sit down to edit the things.

Secondly, I have a save file in which I used the 999 skill points on the Hero and Erik. On this save I was still leveling and, naturally, I got more skill points from leveling. This, in turn, made my skill points for those 2 characters negative and now its like I have a permanent 0 on skill points. Can anyone tell me how to find the location of those values so that I can change them into a 0? Having negative points really bothers me and I have no idea how it affects the file internally.

Lastly, I read around that there is a list of item values somewhere in this forum. However, I have not found anything even after searching. Is it not ready yet? I just want the values for the use items like herbs, pearls and the like.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance!
mabscottsville

Re: Need instruction for editing Dragon Quest XI

Post by mabscottsville » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:50 am

EruditoSystems wrote:Good day all.

I have read a few posts regarding this game and learned that one can change an item into another item if you know the values. The thing is, how do I go about finding the things I edit? I know I can use "I_USE_001" to find the first item on the item bag, most likely a medicinal herb and change it into a seed of my choice since I have the values of those written down. But, how do I go about doing this? Can someone post me a screen-shot of what I should be looking at?

I just want to prevent any type of error or shenanigans when I sit down to edit the things.

Secondly, I have a save file in which I used the 999 skill points on the Hero and Erik. On this save I was still leveling and, naturally, I got more skill points from leveling. This, in turn, made my skill points for those 2 characters negative and now its like I have a permanent 0 on skill points. Can anyone tell me how to find the location of those values so that I can change them into a 0? Having negative points really bothers me and I have no idea how it affects the file internally.
check my last few posts in the quick codes thread
Lastly, I read around that there is a list of item values somewhere in this forum. However, I have not found anything even after searching. Is it not ready yet? I just want the values for the use items like herbs, pearls and the like.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance!
i just posted them, just got finished testing each one and i hadn't posted it until now. haven't done equipment yet