How to edit your saves in Advance Mode!

ss4gogeta069

How to edit your saves in Advance Mode!

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:18 pm

Ok guys, as promised I will give you a tutorial on how to work on your saves without needing those quick codes. This will not only give you the option to change things, like instead of "max money" you can give yourself a certain amount, but also give you the option to edit things that there is no code for.

If you didn't catch my post informing you on the save wizard here it is.
https://hackinformer.com/2017/04/11/sav ... live-soon/
ADV4.png
ADV4.png (285.31 KiB) Viewed 136778 times
The first thing you need to understand is hexadecimal. You can find converters online and also most PC built in calculators will convert for you. Just open the calculator and switch the view to programmer. That will let you convert decimal, what we normally use which is a base 10 system (0-9), into hexadecimal which is a 16 base system (0-F). This means instead of writing 10 you would write A. Hexadecimal is also grouped in 2-digit increments. so you won't find "A" in hexadecimal. You would instead find "0A".
ADV3.png
ADV3.png (357.71 KiB) Viewed 136778 times
Also there is an Ascii portion of the save which can help you find things from time to time. For example, in a Dark Souls 3 save you can look on the right side where you see the dots and strange characters. Go down until you find the name of your character and your souls, HP, FP etc are all stored right there near it.

Now, to start with you'll obviously need a save, but you will need the amount of what you're looking for. Common sense will tell you the more obscure a number is the easier it will be to find. If you're looking for Souls in DS3 and you have 17,846 souls that will be a lot easier to find than if you have 100 since 100 is probably a very common number in all saves.
ADV2.png
ADV2.png (333.03 KiB) Viewed 136778 times
ADV1.png
ADV1.png (369.95 KiB) Viewed 136778 times
Some saves will be straight forward and if you're looking for 5,692 you can look for "16 3C". However, with other saves, DS3 being one of these, they will put the numbers in reverse order. That means instead of finding "16 3C' in the save you will find "3C 16" since they're grouped in 2 digit groups. Also, just because you find something in a spot doesn't mean it will be in that exact spot on the next save. Sometimes things move and saves grow and shrink. That's why it can be difficult to make codes that work fully for everyone all the time.

When you want to search for a number there is a box at the bottom you can use to search. If you just type something in it will think you are using decimal and search for it in decimal form. So in the search box if you type 148 it will search for "94" in hex. That may seem easier and while it does at first, it may end up confusing you when you're searching for something in hex using decimal. Therefore it is much better to search in hex by typing "0x" then the hex amount you're looking for. So if I were typing in the search box looking for 5,692 I would type 0x163C. You may find multiple instances of a number and that's fine. To start with the best thing to do is trial and error. Change one and if that doesn't change what you were trying to mod then change another. Soon enough you will learn what to look for and be able to narrow things down better. If you're looking for items it's sometimes better to use the ascii along with the hex to try to find things. Also the items are usually grouped together so keep that in mind.
The attachment ADV1.png is no longer available
You can also restore a save so if you changed something and it corrupted the save you can right click on the save and hit "restore from backup" and you will see a series of dates and times depending on how many times you've modded that save. I would not always rely on this though because anything can happen so I would suggest storing a copy of your original save on your pc somewhere just to be safe.

Now, THE BIGGEST TIP I CAN GIVE YOU IS TO TAKE NOTES!!!! If you write down what you find you will have a lot better time finding it again.

If you want a copy of your decrypted save to use for comparisons or if you prefer your own hex editor to the one in Save Wizard you can do this: open up a save in Advance Mode, then right click on your desktop. Select New>Shortcut then put in what I have inside the quotation marks "%temp%\SWPS4MAX" and that will create a shortcut that always takes you to your decrypted save when Advance Mode is open.

There are also addresses that we use to identify locations. This is the column on the left that goes up by one on each line and also ends with "0". The reason it ends with "0" is because the last digit is the column in which you find it. The first column is 0 and it goes up all the way to "F". This will be what we use to write quick codes but that will will be in a different post.

EDIT: There are also a few saves that will not be in hex for advanced mode. We call them text saves because they are literally in text format. I think Shovel Knight is one of those. In that case you'll just need to edit what you see. They're pretty simple.

If you have questions or find something I missed feel free to hit me up on twitter, @johnfrazarjr or leave a comment and I'll try to respond as quick as I can. Thanks guys!!!
9time

Re: How to edit your saves in Advance Mode!

Post by 9time » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:21 pm

can you show me how to gain more souls using advance mode for this game?
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:13 am

9time wrote:can you show me how to gain more souls using advance mode for this game?
this tut is based off that . u should be able to follow and use this guide . did u read it ?
9time

Post by 9time » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Skiller wrote:
9time wrote:can you show me how to gain more souls using advance mode for this game?
this tut is based off that . u should be able to follow and use this guide . did u read it ?

i read it but didnt get know where ..my souls converted to hex gives me 3 digits and when you and the 0x it makes it 5 and i get a error saying it uses only 2,4,6,8
and i dont know if im doing the reverse thing right...

first time i got a error save
second try the game played but i didnt notice anything changed to know if i did somthing right
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:59 pm

9time wrote:
Skiller wrote:

i read it but didnt get know where ..my souls converted to hex gives me 3 digits and when you and the 0x it makes it 5 and i get a error saying it uses only 2,4,6,8
and i dont know if im doing the reverse thing right...

first time i got a error save
second try the game played but i didnt notice anything changed to know if i did somthing right
Hex search is an option .. you only need to put in the Dec value and it will search front or back for it already
the main thing to remember is that its Very close to the in game name you used .
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Thank you for this, explains a lot. I am usually not good with reverse bytes/values, though.

I have hex editing experience with Xbox 360 gamesaves, so hopefully that knowledge/practice serves me well here.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
guilmo

Post by guilmo » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:26 pm

Can we create an automatic cheat with this process? Or at least find the remaining information in order to?
I'd like to share some Omega Quintet EXP codes but i can't find a way to create a cheat :'( ...
thecagador

Post by thecagador » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:23 pm

the main thing to remember is that its Very close to the in game name you used .[/quote]

Would this be true for bloodborne as well, regarding echoes?
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:30 pm

Yes, it's the same in bloodborne. Also, for anyone wanting to write Quick Codes, go to http://forum.thegamegenie.com and read the tutorials on code creation in PS3. It's the same system basically.
aos10

Post by aos10 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:15 pm

i just tried it and i can't find any value