Dark Souls 3 / Bloodborne

Darth Revenger

Re: Dark Souls 3 / Bloodborne

Post by Darth Revenger » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:08 am

Aladore wrote:
Ryu Kenshin wrote:And yes, you have to unlocked it first so the savefile contains gem IDs. :crazy:
That's what I figured. Kinda sucks and defeats 99% of the hacking purpose. GG From on that protection.

Well, at least you can duplicate unlocked gems, so that's kinda nice.

Here's to hoping someone figures out how to unlock gems via hex edit o/
I guess I might as well give up on trying to find and increase my titanite shards, scales, slabs and such in Dark Souls III. I am already having a hard time trying to find in in my save and tell it apart from my items that I don't already have 600 of in my storage or 99 of in my inventory from buying things with Max Souls.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
Aladore

Post by Aladore » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:00 pm

Item IDs

This should be helpful to locate items on Dark Souls III files.
Aladore

Post by Aladore » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:46 pm

About gems editing for Bloodborne: so even when you use a known gem ID, it doesn't make things proper. For instance if you unlocked "65str scaling +15phys, 3.4% stamina cost" and have it like this:

85 01 80 C0 / ED 12 10 80 / 01 00 00 00

And then you decide to duplicate it to have this ID twice in the save data. Well it "works", but when you slot the gem once, all gems with this ID will be flagged as slotted, and although it doesn't prevent you from slotting these gems for as many copies as you duped, it looks sketchy af.

Ugh...
ulfberthwarbear

Post by ulfberthwarbear » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:38 pm

Easiest way is to just mod the gems you have equipped on your weapon. Search for your weapon's durability and the gem will be 16 bytes from that. You can actually slot up to 5 gems if you do it this way.
Aladore

Post by Aladore » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:34 pm

ulfberthwarbear wrote:Easiest way is to just mod the gems you have equipped on your weapon. Search for your weapon's durability and the gem will be 16 bytes from that. You can actually slot up to 5 gems if you do it this way.
I am not sure how it adresses any of the issues I pointed out. I can try, but I honestly doubt it would for instance grant access to non unlocked gems (which is imo the most important thing to figure out atm), or resolve the glitch that happens when you use the same IDs more than once.

We need a solution where the gem is fully editable:
- shape
- effect 1
- effect 1's rating
- effect 2
- effect 2's rating
- effect 3
- effect 3's rating
Kyoshiro

Post by Kyoshiro » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:23 am

If anyone wants to mod Bloodborne, and Dark Souls 3 with Inf. HP, Stamina, and FP [DS3]. They both use the same method. Simply use ASCII converter - https://www.branah.com/ascii-converter, and type in your character's name.

So, for example, my character's name is Guinevere. When typed in, I get 0x470x750x690x6e0x650x760x650x720x65 as the full name in ASCii. Easiest way to find your character's name, is to find first and determine the first 2 letters. In my case, it would be at offset 0x470075.

After that, type in your HP value, and click FIND PREVIOUS once or twice, and replace the value with FF FF FF 00. Now go back again to offset 0x470075, and type in your stamina. Same process. You never want to stray too far from the 0x470075 offset. If you're all the way at the top, and if you edit that value, your game will crash.

I've tested it, and it works. My HP doesn't go down. unless I do the magic/blood bullet thing. And my stamina also does not go down, despite it still saying 100.
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:48 am

Don't play online/in online mode if you edit your save with Save Wizard. It will give you warning about invalid game data and say that if you don't get rid of it, you will be penalized, which I'm guessing means a ban. Not sure if the ban is just for the game or for your PSN account itself, I would not risk it either way.

Literally all I did was edit my souls to max and leveled up to the max level, nothing else and it gave me that message. (Although I DID delete ALL of my Dark Souls III save data and it still gives me that message. I tried deleting my install data as well and it still says that even after reinstalling and starting a new, fresh, clean save.)

So if you use any kind of code or advanced mode editing, stick to offline mode and don't ever go online for as long as you have an edited save.

Personally, I think it's totally douchey to use these codes for PvP, but co-op is fine and that's what I was doing, co-op with my best friend.

Just wanted to give that heads up to save everyone trouble/problems they may encounter and avoid a possible ban.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
Aladore

Post by Aladore » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:22 am

Your mistake was to hack your souls directly. I noticed there is a Soul Memory right next to Souls your currently hold.

This and hacking Slabs are the most dangerous ban-wise (save for all 99 stats at low level, billions of HP/FP/stamina and the like).

Next time, hack items that give you Souls instead.

As for your current situation try to back up to a clean save or start a new one (by deleting the save from the system storage). You should be un-ban within a week or so till the servers rescan your proper save.
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:36 am

I learned that lesson the hard way now and I didn't know about the "Soul Memory" thing. Keep in mind that I am new to Dark Souls III (I only got the game in several days again and literally just started it), I didn't know they beefed up save security/protection/detection THIS much since the old days. (They certainly got smarter.) I also didn't think it would detect anything related to souls since I didn't see why they would care about that if it's not stats, I thought they were strictly looking for things like 9,999,999 HP/Stamina/Stats (Basically anything about 99 for regular stats and whatever's the max for HP/Stamina), that sort of thing.

For the record I don't know where each item is in the save, because I've been wanting to give myself max of all upgrade materials and choice consumables. (I guess except slabs since you mentioned that gets you a ban. Why would they care about an upgrade material for weapons though? That makes no sense to me... I can understand stats since those can do horrible things online like make people invincible and no one wants to fight an invincible opponent.)

Thank you for the heads up and advice, I sure as hell wish I knew that earlier. Consider it a lesson learned. Also I did delete all of my save data including the ones in the online storage as well as completely deleting the install data to see if that would get rid of the message and it didn't. So it's probably like you said and I have to wait a week.

Either way, that caught me by surprise when it popped up and all I wanted to do was co-op the whole game with my buddy with no intention of doing PvP online since I dislike PvP games. (I know there are invasions, but I either avoid them or disconnect when it happens so I don't have to deal with it.)
Lakell00

Post by Lakell00 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:07 pm

i havent seen soul memory since ds2 unless its hidden in ds3 and bloodborne. from what i can tell bloodborne i edit with max souls played online no messages. havent tried dark souls 3 yet