Dark Souls 3 / Bloodborne

Darth Revenger

Re: Dark Souls 3 / Bloodborne

Post by Darth Revenger » Thu May 11, 2017 2:05 am

I was not trying to do online PvP cheating, I just wanted to co-op with my best friend with max level from leveling up naturally via max souls.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Thu May 11, 2017 12:38 pm

Darth Revenger wrote:I was not trying to do online PvP cheating, I just wanted to co-op with my best friend with max level from leveling up naturally via max souls.
To my perspective Co-Op is still considered Online. And it isn't simply PVP that is the issue. Online cheating as a whole is the problem, that includes PVP, Co-Op, Leaderboards, and everything in between.
Toma_Gabriel

Post by Toma_Gabriel » Thu May 11, 2017 1:22 pm

I can understand what you guys are complaining these days about.
The thing is, if we overcome the "moral" thing about using save wizard or other save editors, we shouldn't use it. I mean we are in the days of online gaming and if you release (SW) a cheat program you go against every copyright or privacy policy against every game.

I can understand their intent to not support online cheating and trophy cheats, but come on we all know that advance mode is an open door for trophy cheating even if they are against it. And for my point of view, if anyone uses this program or others for cheating online, it's the game's publisher's job to stop them and ban them (Like From Software warning and banning dark souls III and Bloodborne cheaters).
It's like giving a loaded gun to a 3 years old child and tell him not to pull the trigger, but play with it as long as you want.

Take for example PC cheating, you can't stop it and only the publisher of the game can, and they do it since a lot of years (even with humor sometimes like invincible red scorpion in Serious Sam).

My point is, Charging people money for a technology you invented with a purpose (editing saves) and then restrict it due to things they already knew would happen, is wrong.
You want to cheat online on Nioh or DS III? Well do it and you'll get banned from the game.
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Thu May 11, 2017 2:16 pm

Kitsune wrote:To my perspective Co-Op is still considered Online. And it isn't simply PVP that is the issue. Online cheating as a whole is the problem, that includes PVP, Co-Op, Leaderboards, and everything in between.
Wrong, co-op hurts no one and is not a problem. PvP and Leaderboards on the other hand, you DO have a point against and that's the only area I agree with you on since it actually affects other players negatively and I hate those douchebags just as much as you do.

For the record though, I was not responding to you.
Toma_Gabriel wrote:I can understand what you guys are complaining these days about.
The thing is, if we overcome the "moral" thing about using save wizard or other save editors, we shouldn't use it. I mean we are in the days of online gaming and if you release (SW) a cheat program you go against every copyright or privacy policy against every game.

I can understand their intent to not support online cheating and trophy cheats, but come on we all know that advance mode is an open door for trophy cheating even if they are against it. And for my point of view, if anyone uses this program or others for cheating online, it's the game's publisher's job to stop them and ban them (Like From Software warning and banning dark souls III and Bloodborne cheaters).
It's like giving a loaded gun to a 3 years old child and tell him not to pull the trigger, but play with it as long as you want.

Take for example PC cheating, you can't stop it and only the publisher of the game can, and they do it since a lot of years (even with humor sometimes like invincible red scorpion in Serious Sam).

My point is, Charging people money for a technology you invented with a purpose (editing saves) and then restrict it due to things they already knew would happen, is wrong.
You want to cheat online on Nioh or DS III? Well do it and you'll get banned from the game.
I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Plus there is the fact that the PS4 can take screenshots and record gameplay videos, easy way to spot and get rid of PvP/Leaderboard cheaters. Not to mention that Dark Souls III has things like "Book Of The Guilty" or whatever it's called that blatantly shows the character's stats, levels, etc.

Let the community take care of its own. That's why I prefer a hands-off approach from SW staff and forum staff.

It's pointless to take a white knight/moral high ground stance on cheating when you've invented and sold a device that goes against, as Toma_Gabriel says, every copyright or privacy policy against every game and anti-reverse engineering rule applied to games and saves. Even if it were just for single player/offline games, it still breaks the rules and more importantly, the EULA.

Co-op should never be penalized, in my opinion, especially when you play with a single dedicated person who is okay if you used something like this and not the community at large.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Thu May 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Darth Revenger wrote:
Kitsune wrote:To my perspective Co-Op is still considered Online. And it isn't simply PVP that is the issue. Online cheating as a whole is the problem, that includes PVP, Co-Op, Leaderboards, and everything in between.
Wrong, co-op hurts no one and is not a problem. PvP and Leaderboards on the other hand, you DO have a point against and that's the only area I agree with you on since it actually affects other players negatively and I hate those douchebags just as much as you do.

For the record though, I was not responding to you.
It doesn't have to hurt someone. That isn't what I was making a point about. Online is Online, regardless if it is with a trusted friend or someone being forced into it.

I know you were not referencing me, however I saw your post and felt the need to point that out.

My point is this: Cheats + Online Gaming = Wrong 100% of the time. Doesn't matter the form it comes in.

I don't know how this game handles it Co-Op but an example would be getting highly over leveled gear, giving it to someone who doesn't have access to SW, and they take it online. It may not apply to this game, but it does apply to others.

It appears my opinion is in the minority on this site though.
Toma_Gabriel

Post by Toma_Gabriel » Thu May 11, 2017 3:19 pm

I don't think your opinion is the minority but, if we want to talk about their policy on what is wrong and what is right, they should delete almost every QMO cheat they added because they help in a indirect way trophies earnings.

Take for example Rogue Legacy, I think you guys knows how hard is the game and especially one trophy (Thanatophobia - WITHOUT using the Architect, complete the game dying 15 times or less). That's almost impossible and it took me months of trying and rage quitting before SW support. I've applied max money on my fresh new gamesave and got the trophy in half an hour on first try.

So because of ME in this case, shouldn't they delete the cheat from their editor? It's meant to help players enjoy the game easily without struggling but I've specifically used it to get my platinum trophy.

What's the thin line between right/wrong here? I'd like to hear from you guys because I'm not taking any side here, there is no Cap or Stark in this Civil War, but I'm only trying to understand the gamers community thoughts.
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Thu May 11, 2017 3:53 pm

My post isn't about SW itself so much as it is about online cheating in general.

When it comes to trophy hunting what you do with the codes is your call. As long as the code doesn't GIVE you the trophy there is no issue. I've played Rogue Legacy on PC and yes that game is unforgiving. However money does play a part in the game, for buying to keep yourself alive.

The line has to do with competitive gaming. It exists in all walks of life. Sports, Olympics, video games, etc. Anything that gives someone an unfair edge is crossing the line. Codes, steroids or other drugs, all that stuff is banned in competition.

My opinion is harder to explain than that but it is a basic understanding.
chaos2deception

Post by chaos2deception » Sat May 13, 2017 11:18 am

ulfberthwarbear wrote:I've been doing co-op with a cannon with 5 gems and it's been....a BLAST. No ban yet.
IMG_0215[1].JPG
Please can You tell me how You add Gems to Ungemable weapons. That is Insane.
WVWVWVW

Post by WVWVWVW » Sat May 13, 2017 11:44 am

Man, I can't identify which userdata00xx contains the character I want to edit. The offset for the character I want to edit should be 0x4e06f0, but there's nothing showing up when I search. Unless I'm doing it the wrong way
SniperPirat

Post by SniperPirat » Sat May 13, 2017 11:14 pm

Hi all,

Can i Edit darksouls3 eu version?

Thx for help