Brand new (like baby giraffe legs new) to the site

Can't find an answer to your question? Ask here!
RottenAzzRonnie

Brand new (like baby giraffe legs new) to the site

Post by RottenAzzRonnie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:33 am

Literally just ordered a PS4 Save Wizard Max like yesterday, and have had a brand new PS4 Pro for about a week. Haven't even taken it out of the box yet because I'm anxiously awaiting to move into my new place.
Just wondered if it was alright with me asking any of the moderators or senior members here, what would be a good place to start learning how to navigate the SW for now until I'm all set up in my new place and ready to get my save mod on ;)
Just for reference, here are a few games I have:
-Final Fantasy XV
-Uncharted 4
-Ghost Recon Wildlands
-God Of War III Remastered
-The Last Of Us Remastered
Please, any positive direction would be appreciated. Good vibes y'all!
PikaFiend

Re: Brand new (like baby giraffe legs new) to the site

Post by PikaFiend » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:21 pm

Navigating SW is easy enough, the GUI is really simple. It becomes a bit daunting when you try to delve into Advanced Mode with no prior experience. But, there are plenty of tutorials and people who will definitely help. If you're planning on getting into AM, I'd pick a simpler game than the ones listed. Something more along the lines of Disgaea. Compile Heart/NISA games generally store their data in a simpler way than others.
"The Bird of Hermes is my name. Eat my wings to keep me tame." ~The Ripley Scroll, author unknown.
RottenAzzRonnie

Post by RottenAzzRonnie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:25 pm

PikaFiend wrote:Navigating SW is easy enough, the GUI is really simple. It becomes a bit daunting when you try to delve into Advanced Mode with no prior experience. But, there are plenty of tutorials and people who will definitely help. If you're planning on getting into AM, I'd pick a simpler game than the ones listed. Something more along the lines of Disgaea. Compile Heart/NISA games generally store their data in a simpler way than others.
Thank you PikaFiend, I'll definitely keep that in mind when I start to experiment. While I'm not sure if my PS4 Pro will need to update when I do the initial setup (more than likely will), will that mess with the compatibility of Save Wizard? I was looking on SW site to see how the update process has been going, but I couldn't really find anything in detail clarifying if updating PS4 fw was or wasn't recommended. Any clue?
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:12 pm

RottenAzzRonnie wrote:
PikaFiend wrote:Navigating SW is easy enough, the GUI is really simple. It becomes a bit daunting when you try to delve into Advanced Mode with no prior experience. But, there are plenty of tutorials and people who will definitely help. If you're planning on getting into AM, I'd pick a simpler game than the ones listed. Something more along the lines of Disgaea. Compile Heart/NISA games generally store their data in a simpler way than others.
Thank you PikaFiend, I'll definitely keep that in mind when I start to experiment. While I'm not sure if my PS4 Pro will need to update when I do the initial setup (more than likely will), will that mess with the compatibility of Save Wizard? I was looking on SW site to see how the update process has been going, but I couldn't really find anything in detail clarifying if updating PS4 fw was or wasn't recommended. Any clue?
It works on 4.71 technically, but there's a weird glitch involving transferring your saves and the cloud. You can easily work around this of course, and if you don't use the ps + cloud feature it's not an issue at all. But ideally, being on 4.70 would make it perfectly straightforward to use. If you run into said error, just delete your save completely from the ps4 prior to moving back the modded save from your usb.
RottenAzzRonnie

Post by RottenAzzRonnie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:11 am

zachillios wrote:
RottenAzzRonnie wrote:
It works on 4.71 technically, but there's a weird glitch involving transferring your saves and the cloud. You can easily work around this of course, and if you don't use the ps + cloud feature it's not an issue at all. But ideally, being on 4.70 would make it perfectly straightforward to use. If you run into said error, just delete your save completely from the ps4 prior to moving back the modded save from your usb.
Thanks zachillios! Going to check the fw soon as I setup my PS4 to see what it's on. I really appreciate you guys for the info, kudos ;)