Question about SW for Dark Souls: Remastered

Can't find an answer to your question? Ask here!
UncleEzio

Question about SW for Dark Souls: Remastered

Post by UncleEzio » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:00 am

When I used it, I got a warning that unless you use it offline, it may result in a ban.

Is logging out in the main menu of the game and playing offline good enough?

Or do I really need to disconnect my PS4 from the internet entirely? I don't like to have my PS4 offline entirely as I game, because friends message me and stuff while I game. So I want to know if just playing the game Dark Souls: Remastered offline(in offline mode) is good enough, but still being logged into PSN.

Also, my PS4 is set to auto upload my saves to cloud storage. Could that get me banned? I've had saved backed up to cloud before, but all single player games.

Thanks
zachillios

Re: Question about SW for Dark Souls: Remastered

Post by zachillios » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:45 pm

UncleEzio wrote:When I used it, I got a warning that unless you use it offline, it may result in a ban.

Or do I really need to disconnect my PS4 from the internet entirely? I don't like to have my PS4 offline entirely as I game, because friends message me and stuff while I game. So I want to know if just playing the game Dark Souls: Remastered offline(in offline mode) is good enough, but still being logged into PSN.

Also, my PS4 is set to auto upload my saves to cloud storage. Could that get me banned? I've had saved backed up to cloud before, but all single player games.

Thanks
Do not play the game in online mode, ever. As soon as you tamper with the save you're essentially flagging it as a hacked save. Assuming the console version is the same as PC, the game runs checks as you load in and will flag accordingly. As long as the game is kept in offline mode, you're fine. If you'd like to play online, use a different save.
UncleEzio

Post by UncleEzio » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:39 pm

zachillios wrote:
UncleEzio wrote:When I used it, I got a warning that unless you use it offline, it may result in a ban.

Thanks
Do not play the game in online mode, ever. As soon as you tamper with the save you're essentially flagging it as a hacked save. Assuming the console version is the same as PC, the game runs checks as you load in and will flag accordingly. As long as the game is kept in offline mode, you're fine. If you'd like to play online, use a different save.
Is it ok to upload the offline modified save to PSN for cloud storage? I have my PS4 set to do that with all my saves.
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:45 pm

UncleEzio wrote:
zachillios wrote:

Thanks
Is it ok to upload the offline modified save to PSN for cloud storage? I have my PS4 set to do that with all my saves.
I don't use cloud storage so I don't know. If you're that nervous about getting banned then it doesnt seem worth it. All I can say is playing offline and hacking your saves is safe. Whatever other factors I dont have an answer for you.