3.10 PSN update and expliot games

Discuss Hacks, Mods, eCustom Firmware, Homebrew and more.

Update the Vita from 3.01 to 3.10?

Total votes: 0
RavenixAngeal

3.10 PSN update and expliot games

Post by RavenixAngeal » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:40 pm

I dont want to update my psv if any of the 3.01 exploit games will be available in the store soon since they updated the psv fw but i do have ps plus and cash in my psn wallet for an expliot game (or anything else I want).
I want to know if it would be recommended to update or not considering the amount of fixes in this update (mostly anti-exploit). I already have tons of psp iso/cso backed up from my old psp modding days, but there are an increasing number of working psp emulators for pc and other systems (psp2ps3 converts psp iso/cso to working psp games on ps3, theres also an emulator out for android and probably more). But I do enjoy my PS+ and online play.

Let me know what you guys think! I'm sure I'm not the only one in this position.
My Sony Toys :D
  • PSV PCH-1001 3.01 OFW 4GB + 8GB
  • PS3 CECHL01(FAT) 4.46 Rebug CFW 1TB HDD
  • PSP 1k M33 5.50 CFW(pandora battery) 4GB -Retired
  • PSP 2k Pro 6.60 CFW (pandora battery) 8GB -Retired
  • PSP-Go Pro 6.60 cfw(no pandora) 16GB + 2GB -Retired
Katsumi

RE: 3.10 PSN update and expliot games

Post by Katsumi » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:42 am

While i am not to knowledgeable on the topic i'm going to go ahead and say stick with 3.01 if you are constantly using the exploit. With Total Noob leaving the vita hacking scene, there is the chance of another exploit not being released in a long while, so i would say wait until another eCFW is released before updating your firmware to be on the safe side

This is all just a matter of preference really, what do you value more? The PS+ and online features, or the ability to run an exploit on your Vita.. make your decision based on that.
Black WiFi PS Vita PCH-1002 OFW 3.01 eCFW TN-V8 Numblast
RavenixAngeal

Post by RavenixAngeal » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:50 pm

I think i'm actually better off just finding a psp or psp go for like $40 lol. I got the numblast exploit and tried out the eCFW made some ps1 converts and played them, played some psp isos, messed around with emulators and all-in-all I can get all of that on a psp and/or ps3/phone/tablet/pc etc...

I must admit it is nice having homebrews on my vita but its not like I spent a lot on the exploit lol and I have it backed up should I get another vita considering theyre not exactly in high demand atm they are fairly cheap(not as cheap as psps but still cheap enough used).

If it was a full vita CFW not just eCFW I would Probably keep it but as of this moment I'm actually updating my Vita to OFW 3.12 thanks for the input!
My Sony Toys :D
  • PSV PCH-1001 3.01 OFW 4GB + 8GB
  • PS3 CECHL01(FAT) 4.46 Rebug CFW 1TB HDD
  • PSP 1k M33 5.50 CFW(pandora battery) 4GB -Retired
  • PSP 2k Pro 6.60 CFW (pandora battery) 8GB -Retired
  • PSP-Go Pro 6.60 cfw(no pandora) 16GB + 2GB -Retired
Chrysolite Stone

Post by Chrysolite Stone » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:38 pm

Ever heard of Vita Update Blocker? Search it. Don't have to update and can still use PSN and play online. I love it!
hackmanjenkins

Post by hackmanjenkins » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:07 pm

Personally I'm going to stay on 3.01. I should have kept far earlier fw just incase of a possible future cfw but I didn't so I'm going to play it safe and not update my vita until then. Fingers crossed lol. If I want to play newer games I'll just buy a new vita for that...knowing my luck I updated to far already lol