TN-V game2vhbl plugin

Discuss Hacks, Mods, eCustom Firmware, Homebrew and more.
qwikrazor87

TN-V game2vhbl plugin

Post by qwikrazor87 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:18 pm

here is a plugin that patches the XMB in TN-V to list games/homebrew from ms0:/PSP/VHBL/ instead of ms0:/PSP/GAME/.
It is also patched to search for homebrew/games in this order:
EBOOT.PBP
FBOOT.PBP
VBOOT.PBP
WMENU.BIN

so if you have eboots with these names in the homebrew folder, then the first match found will be launched.
since ISO/CSO don't show up with this plugin enabled, you can use fake_np to sign your ISO as a demo EBOOT.PBP using the built-in demo base.
Once the ISO is signed, you can copy the EBOOT.PBP to /PSP/VHBL/, if installing under TN-V, you will need to name EBOOT.PBP to FBOOT.PBP or something since latest TN-V doesn't have the patch for handling EBOOT.PBP.
readme is included.

v2 should fix the corrupt homebrew issue.

v2:
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/501b0449
v1:
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/cab43a5a
Last edited by qwikrazor87 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freakler
Site Admin

RE: TN-V game2vhbl plugin

Post by Freakler » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:20 pm

Awesome! Thanks :D
redsquirrel87
Blogger

Post by redsquirrel87 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Useful, thank you :)
DERISTONE

Post by DERISTONE » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:36 pm

Thanks
Simple is good :)
qwikrazor87

Post by qwikrazor87 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:25 pm

plugin updated to v2, should fix corrupt homebrew issue in XMB.
shrinefox

Post by shrinefox » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:32 pm

When using this, do you still need to put all the homebrew in a zip and install it, or can they just be in folders?
It doesn't detect my zip with the plugin, but I do still need to try the updated version.
qwikrazor87

Post by qwikrazor87 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:37 pm

shrinefox wrote: When using this, do you still need to put all the homebrew in a zip and install it, or can they just be in folders?
It doesn't detect my zip with the plugin, but I do still need to try the updated version.
yeah, I was just wondering about it myself, just before I posted the update, I was attempting to install homebrew myself, the same method for the old TN-V, I couldn't get my homebrew zips to show, with or without the plugin enabled, so I don't know if homebrew installation is still supported, I asked Hackinformer, still waiting on a reply.
For now, run PSP Filer as RECOVERY.PBP (placed in TNV_00000) from the recovery menu and use it to copy your homebrew to ms0:/PSP/VHBL/.
shrinefox

Post by shrinefox » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:47 pm

Tried it, but I still can't write the EBOOT.PBP files to the PSP/VHBL folder using PSPfiler and the new plugin.
I suppose it has to be in a ZIP unless you can get the homebrew to be read from a directory outside of the PSP folder altogether

If all else fails maybe I can get those in the right spot using the email trick...
Last edited by shrinefox on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qwikrazor87

Post by qwikrazor87 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:59 pm

shrinefox wrote: Tried it, but I still can't write the EBOOT.PBP files to the PSP/VHBL folder using PSPfiler and the new plugin.
I suppose it has to be in a ZIP unless you can get the homebrew to be read from a directory outside of the PSP folder altogether

If all else fails maybe I can get those in the right spot using the email trick...
TN-V doesn't have the patches for handling EBOOT.PBP, so for now, rename the EBOOT.PBP to something like FBOOT.PBP before zipping it up, then use Filer to copy the homebrew to /PSP/VHBL/.
If you want to install it as EBOOT.PBP, you'll either need to use the Filer bubble I released, or use the ARK bubble and run Filer under it.
valentinbreiz

Post by valentinbreiz » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:10 am

It isnt work for me...