Where to get Console Games for PC

hackinformer
Site Admin

Where to get Console Games for PC

Post by hackinformer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:25 am

Emulation is the process of simulating the hardware of one machine on another machine so that the second machine is able to run software designed for the first machine. The most popular type of emulation is video game emulation. This is when someone plays games from NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. on their PC or other devices. Emulators (software that allow you to run games, designed for other systems, on your PC) and ROM files (games you run using an emulator) for download so you can re-live all those classic games you enjoyed as a kid on your PC and other devices! I have compiled a list of the best emulators to use on your PC.

Enjoy the list.
Play Console Games on your PC - Emulator DatabasePlay Console Games on your PC - Emulator Database>
Atari
PlayStation
PlayStation 2
GameBoy
GameBoy Advance
GameCube
Nintendo DS
NES
N64
Sega Genesis
SNES
PSP
Xbox
More Emulation Sites:
Emulator World
Emulator Zone
Cool Rom
BONUS:
Play all NES games online, no software needed.
Emulate ANY Nintendo console (besides the Wii)
Katsumi

RE: Where to get Console Games for PC

Post by Katsumi » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:44 am

Nice thread, i could see it really helping out people new to the whole topic of emulation. In the past i have personally had experience with the PlayStation, PlayStation 2, GameBoy Advance, GameCube, Nintendo DS, Wii, N64 and PSP emulators and have to say that it's a great way to play some old games usually free of charge (for those who are ethically against that, you could always purchase the game before emulating it)

As for the sites you have listed.. i personally recommend http://coolrom.com/, i have been using it for years and in my opinion it's the best option out there.

On the topic of emulation, it is honestly a little exiting seeing some developments in the emulation of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, despite them being far from suitable for mass use i find that something is better than nothing and hopefully we will see some interesting things in the future
Black WiFi PS Vita PCH-1002 OFW 3.01 eCFW TN-V8 Numblast