Syphon Filter 2 on PAL Vita

News, Games, PKG, and everything Vita related
Jarrah White

Syphon Filter 2 on PAL Vita

Post by Jarrah White » Sun May 13, 2018 10:34 am

I recently purchased some PSone classics for the Vita. There's a bit of confusion as to what's compatible and what isn't. I purchased all three Resident Evil PSone games via the PlayStation Store. To my surprise, Resident Evil 2 was downloadable to the Vita despite only being listed as compatible with the PSP and PS3 and not showing up at all on the Vita's Store's library. I then purchased the Syphon Filter trilogy, but wasn't as lucky this time. Syphon Filter 2 won't download to the Vita, that's despite being Vita compatible in NTSC regions. When I called to complain, I was told it was due to licensing issues. The game is fucking owned by Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe! What possible issues could they have in licensing their own game to Australian Vitas?!

I can download the game to my PSP without issue, but it's awkward to play without the L2 and R2 buttons. I recently acquired trigger grips for my Vita and it makes a world of difference playing PSone games that use L2 and R2. Is there anyway to force load Syphon Filter 2 onto the Vita? I'm on firmware 3.68. Thanks.
hackinformer
Site Admin

Re: Syphon Filter 2 on PAL Vita

Post by hackinformer » Sun May 13, 2018 2:36 pm

this is it and if you are on FW3.68 you can see if it will transfer with a PS3 that way as a few titles can to that like soul reaver for example.

http://forum.hackinformer.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=867