I need help with vita

Post or find tutorials, how-to, guides, tips & tricks here
Andrew Sweeney

I need help with vita

Post by Andrew Sweeney » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:05 pm

trying to put iso's on vita with cfw 3.36
Last edited by Andrew Sweeney on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA: PortableIsBetter
ss4gogeta069

RE: I need help with vita

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:28 pm

What are you having problems with? Are you running TN-C or Ark? Do you have bubbles or just an exploit game?
Game Genie Rocks! Check it out! Game Genie Website
Andrew Sweeney

Post by Andrew Sweeney » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:30 pm

I just got the newest exploit game "Hot Brains" I just use the exploit game. I don't have anything else, just ark-2 eCFW and the exploit game. Thanks for replying back. I was afraid I was going to get stuck here forever without being able to figure it out.
Last edited by Andrew Sweeney on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:37 pm

Ok, I assume you're downloading these. So, you need to extract the rar file then go into the folder and next to the bottom file, I think, it will be a rar file. Extract that. Then at the top of the folder you should have your iso. You need to rename it to all caps and 8 or less characters. So if it's Final Fantasy Typ-0 you will want to name it FFTO.ISO Also, go into your control panel and folder options and be sure that under the view tab, where the checkbox is that says "hide extensions for known file types" needs to be UNCHECKED. You don't want to end up with FFTO.ISO.ISO lol Then put the ISO in a save game folder, I usually use my exploit game folder. Then transfer it with CMA. Not sure how it works in ark as I don't have it but you can use Filer to transfer the ISO to the ISO folder and you should be good to go. Let me know if you have more problems.
Andrew Sweeney

Post by Andrew Sweeney » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:49 pm

I have the iso's in that form. When I put them in using CMA i put them in PGAME folder where the exploit game is at. When I go to copy it over to the vita using cma, the file shows up on my vita screen but it says it's a corrupt file. So I cannot copy it over. I have the file in a file folder named SSD and the actual ISO is inside that folder and is named SSD.ISO and I indeed have "Show hidden file extensions" turned on to make sure it isn't twice. I must be missing a very crucial step somewhere. So I take it if I have ark-2 eCFW 3.36 using hot brain exploit, I dont need anythiing else to run ISO psp games on my vita? such as vhbl or tn-v4 or bubbles. I am so confused but I have gotten as far as getting the exploit game working and the cfw menu showing up on my vita. Its a black menu that has a couple file extensions. (the cfw menu) I'm so sorry this is so confusing to me. I have ran a server on minecraft and learned tutorial after tutorial for things like this but I just can't seem to figure this out. I even have CFW's on my psp go's and they all run fine with proC2. Just wanted to play psp and ps1 games on my vita to take advantage of the extra analog stick for the ps1 games.
Last edited by Andrew Sweeney on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:04 am

No, you don't put them in PGAME you put them in PSAVEDATA and inside the game save folder of your exploit, or any save folder and you can transfer it with Filer. The vita is a little more difficult to get things on but once you get the hang of it you will be off and running. Your path should be PSVITA/PSAVEDATA/BUNCH OF NUMBERS/GAMESAVEFOLDER/SSD.ISO
Andrew Sweeney

Post by Andrew Sweeney » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:07 am

ss4gogeta069 wrote: No, you don't put them in PGAME you put them in PSAVEDATA and inside the game save folder of your exploit, or any save folder and you can transfer it with Filer. The vita is a little more difficult to get things on but once you get the hang of it you will be off and running. Your path should be PSVITA/PSAVEDATA/BUNCH OF NUMBERS/GAMESAVEFOLDER/SSD.ISO
Should I use "Filer" or "CMA"
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:08 am

You'll have to transfer it with CMA.
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:09 am

Let me get someone in here that's a little more familiar with ARK that can help you a little better. If you were in TN-V, which you can't be on 3.36, I could walk you through it step by step.
Andrew Sweeney

Post by Andrew Sweeney » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:20 am

Okay thanks, just making soup for my wife. She's sick. I just tried to put the Iso exactly in the way you showed me and it still shows up as a corrupt file on CMA on my vita screen when trying to copy it over to the vita using CMA via PC to Vita choice. Still shows up as a corrupt file but I can see the exploit file just fine.