SD2VITA equilvalent for Vita memory cards - doable?

You need help or just got a question? Feel free to ask!
Jarrah White

SD2VITA equilvalent for Vita memory cards - doable?

Post by Jarrah White » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:52 pm

I missed the boat on the SD2Vita card adapter long ago. This may sound like a stupid question. But since Sony obviously is not going to embrace these micro SD card adapters, I was wondering if there were any plans or if it would even be possible to make such an adapter for official memory cards.

Personally, I currently own two 64GB Vita memory cards and one 8GB memory cards. Physical games barely take up any memory, but with digital download games the cards rapidly start to fill. It wouldn't be so much an issue if I could swap out the memory cards without having to the console off before removing the memory card. When I got my Vita handheld, it came with a Starter Pack which included a plastic 8 games case and a little plastic memory card holder about the size of a Vita game card.

Suppose instead of making an adapter for microSD cards, we had an adapter for Vita memory cards. So we could insert one memory card into the memory card slot, or one or two Vita cards into an adapter that goes into the game card slot? Maybe use the card in the memory card slot for physical game saves and the memory cards in the adapter for downloads.

Would such an adapter be possible? If so, would it work without any need for installing homebrew or custom firmwares?
hackinformer
Site Admin

Re: SD2VITA equilvalent for Vita memory cards - doable?

Post by hackinformer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:43 pm

They all need a Henkaku or Enso to even use them so, for now, it's not doable.. Sorry..