[Help] I have some questions before I mod my PSVita

You need help or just got a question? Feel free to ask!
kraze

[Help] I have some questions before I mod my PSVita

Post by kraze » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:19 pm

To give a little bit of a background. I have this new PSVita running FW 1.00 and I have a Mac computer.

I've found many tutorials on how to mod this but I had a few questions.
  • Do I update my FW to a specific update before trying to hack it? If so then to what and how?
  • If not, would you recommend keeping the FW at it's lowest? Will this affect performance on newer games?
  • Are there any ways to hack the firmware without having to purchase a specific game?
Please keep in mind I have a mac laptop and would have to be using that in order to hack this PSVita.

Thanks! =]
hackinformer
Site Admin

RE: [Help] I have some questions before I mod my PSVita

Post by hackinformer » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Make sure you check out our guide here http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/

I would not go past firmware 3.18, why? Cuz you can have a PSP exploit & PS1 exploit for the Vita.
kraze

Post by kraze » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:16 pm

hackinformer wrote: Make sure you check out our guide here http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/

I would not go past firmware 3.18, why? Cuz you can have a PSP exploit & PS1 exploit for the Vita.
Helpful link, thanks!

I just found out how to manually update it. I also became aware I'll need a PS3 to hack this baby. =/ Is there a way to do this without needing a PS3?
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:09 pm

No sorry about that.. ps3 is needed for lower firmware..
kraze

Post by kraze » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:08 pm

hackinformer wrote: No sorry about that.. ps3 is needed for lower firmware..
Alright, thanks for the heads up.

I also have some other PSPs with 1.00 OFW. Do you think they're worth anything?
Freakler
Site Admin

Post by Freakler » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:16 am

kraze wrote: To give a little bit of a background. I have this new PSVita running FW 1.00 and I have a Mac computer.

I've found many tutorials on how to mod this but I had a few questions.
  • Do I update my FW to a specific update before trying to hack it? If so then to what and how?
  • If not, would you recommend keeping the FW at it's lowest? Will this affect performance on newer games?
  • Are there any ways to hack the firmware without having to purchase a specific game?
Please keep in mind I have a mac laptop and would have to be using that in order to hack this PSVita.

Thanks! =]
Hey there,

I saw you post on reddit already and as it seems you got some presentation models right there. Because of the firmware those Vita(s) could be usefull to devs for investigating and such. I myself would love to take a look at that firmware. So in my opinion it would be a shame to update those as they are very rare.

But yes in terms of hacking, performance, new features and everything updating is the better choice. 3.18 is the best Firmware for that. But though a game purchase is necessary if you want the PSPEmulator 'hacked'.
kraze wrote:
hackinformer wrote: No sorry about that.. ps3 is needed for lower firmware..
Alright, thanks for the heads up.

I also have some other PSPs with 1.00 OFW. Do you think they're worth anything?
Probalby not as one can install this firmware manually via downgrading. Its called the bogus firmware because it has alot of bugs. But though its cool that you have some with this firmware installed from the very beginning. If it looks anything different to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyifLl0V9z4 its probably something special though. :)
Just to be sure, its not a TestingTool Firmware, right?
Last edited by Freakler on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.