[Question] TN-V and FW 2.23

You need help or just got a question? Feel free to ask!
sanderdsz

[Question] TN-V and FW 2.23

Post by sanderdsz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:54 am

[font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi guys.[/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I got a brand new OLED Vita with the FW 2.23.[/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I already got the Pool Hall Pro in the PSN US and I have a PS3 with everything set up to transfer it.[/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do I have to update my Vita FW to 3.01 or can I keep it in the 2.23 and exploit it?[/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And one last thing, I will be able to play Vita games that I transfer it from my PS3 like Im doing today with my Vita in 3.51? Is there some games that will not be able to run in the 2.23?[/font]
Freakler
Site Admin

RE: [Question] TN-V and FW 2.23

Post by Freakler » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:10 am

sanderdsz wrote: [font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I got a brand new OLED Vita with the FW 2.23.
Afaik there is no 2.23 Vita [font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Firmware.

[/font]
sanderdsz wrote:I already got the Pool Hall Pro in the PSN US and I have a PS3 with everything set up to transfer it. [font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do I have to update my Vita FW to 3.01 or can I keep it in the 2.23 and exploit it?[/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Very good thats all you need[font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]![/font][/font] And its your choice to manually update your vita. IF you decide to update [font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I would recommend 3.18 as its the best Firmware [/font](additionally Pool Hall Pro [font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]is exploited and work[font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]s[/font] up to [font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3.52 as of now)[/font][/font]
[/font][/size][/color]
[font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][quote="sanderdsz"]And one last thing, I will be able to play Vita games that I transfer it from my PS3 like Im doing today with my Vita in 3.51? Is there some games that will not be able to run in the 2.23?[/font]
[/quote]
Probably yes because all games need a required Firmware to run. So older games will work but newer ones probably not. Check here http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=14537

Hope that helped :)
sanderdsz

Post by sanderdsz » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:19 pm

Freakler wrote:
sanderdsz wrote: [font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I got a brand new OLED Vita with the FW 2.23.
Afaik there is no 2.23 Vita [font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Firmware.

[/font]
sanderdsz wrote:I already got the Pool Hall Pro in the PSN US and I have a PS3 with everything set up to transfer it. [font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do I have to update my Vita FW to 3.01 or can I keep it in the 2.23 and exploit it?[/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Very good thats all you need[font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]![/font][/font] And its your choice to manually update your vita. IF you decide to update [font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I would recommend 3.18 as its the best Firmware [/font](additionally Pool Hall Pro [font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]is exploited and work[font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]s[/font] up to [font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3.52 as of now)[/font][/font]
[/font][/size][/color]
[font='Source Sans Pro', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][quote="sanderdsz"]And one last thing, I will be able to play Vita games that I transfer it from my PS3 like Im doing today with my Vita in 3.51? Is there some games that will not be able to run in the 2.23?[/font]
Probably yes because all games need a required Firmware to run. So older games will work but newer ones probably not. Check here http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=14537

Hope that helped :)
[/quote]

Thanks so much for the support!
I was told that the FW is 2.23, well I dont have it now because it's in the transport.

So, now I have to manually update to 3.18? I have only found the OFW 3.01, and though it was the best OFW to exploit it... Can you explain why the 3.18 its better?

About the games that run in a certain FW, thanks for that link, very helpful indeed.
Freakler
Site Admin

Post by Freakler » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:53 pm

Well basically 3.01 can run all available hacks like 3.18 can. If you check the http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/index.html and compare the available hacks for both Firmwares you'll see its the same thing. The only reason why I would consider 3.18 the better choice is because it's newer and got more features. (And of course considering you're wish to play vita games that require higher Firmwares)
sanderdsz

Post by sanderdsz » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:00 am

Freakler wrote: Well basically 3.01 can run all available hacks like 3.18 can.  If you check the http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/index.html and compare the available hacks for both Firmwares you'll see its the same thing.  The only reason why I would consider 3.18 the better choice is because it's newer and got more features. (And of course considering you're wish to play vita games that require higher Firmwares)
So, I ill manually update my Vita to OFW 3.18, can you explain to me if I can use Pool Hall Pro to exploit it in the 3.18?
Im kinda scary but it seems so easy to do...
And I also was looking for the OFW 3.18 files to download but I could not find anywere, do you have some link to share with the files to download?

And for the last, if I can use Pool Hall Pro to exploit it in the 3.18, can I use any tutorial? Or I have to use a especific save data to that FW?
Last edited by sanderdsz on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:22 am

I would use Talkman Travel Tokyo for 3.18fw here is a list on games you can use and you might have one already..

http://hackinformer.com/forum/thread-154.html

3.18fw files for manually update..

http://drivers.softpedia.com/dyn-postdo ... /4/1?tsf=0
sanderdsz

Post by sanderdsz » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:02 pm

hackinformer wrote: I would use Talkman Travel Tokyo  for 3.18fw here is a list on games you can use and you might have one already..

http://hackinformer.com/forum/thread-154.html

3.18fw files for manually update..

http://drivers.softpedia.com/dyn-postdo ... /4/1?tsf=0
Well, I bought Pool Hall Pro for nothing...
Moving on, there's a Patapon 2 in the Brazilian playstore, which is my country and its pretty cheap, around $4 bucks.
Can I still use this game for TN-V? Or it could be already "patched" or something like this...?
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:06 am

sanderdsz wrote: Well, I bought Pool Hall Pro for nothing...
Moving on, there's a Patapon 2 in the Brazilian playstore, which is my country and its pretty cheap, around $4 bucks.
Can I still use this game for TN-V? Or it could be already "patched" or something like this...?
I don't think so as Patapon 2 is a US exploit.. So don't waste your money just yet.
Last edited by Freakler on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freakler
Site Admin

Post by Freakler » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:11 am

Just try the 3.50 files as they might work. Its never for nothing..
sanderdsz

Post by sanderdsz » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:52 am

Freakler wrote:
Just try the 3.50 files as they might work. Its never for nothing..
hackinformer wrote:
I don't think so as Patapon 2 is a US exploit.. So don't waste your money just yet.
So you think that Patapon 2 in the Brazilian store could not work as the US version?
And before I spend any buck, try the Pool Hall Pro save files to 3.50? If it works in the 3.18? Am I correct?
Then, if nothing works, what you guys recommend? Buy a exploit game from the 3.18 list? Or try the luck with that Patapon?