3.51 - Quick Question

You need help or just got a question? Feel free to ask!
ThrDev

3.51 - Quick Question

Post by ThrDev » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:40 am

I recently bought a brand new Vita for a retro-gaming handheld. After looking through all the guides, I've attempted at the FailMail exploit. I got the "writer.eml" file working, but I can't seem to get VHBL installed.

Here's the thing:
I don't have a PS3. I know all of the guides out there have it listed. I made a game backup from another Vita with a free demo game (Terraria). I restored this backup on my Vita and it's playing all well, even without the Vita being activated. The failmail trick gives me an error code instead of telling me it can't display an image.
Is this being caused by the lack of activation for the Vita, or am I missing something here?

On a side note, any of the paid games I backed up wouldn't launch until I activate my Vita, does this PBoot replacement for VHBL only work on paid games or do free demos work as well?

Thanks.
hackinformer
Site Admin

RE: 3.51 - Quick Question

Post by hackinformer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:31 am

I don't know about the activation and if that would stop the email trick from working but it needs to be activated for all your paid games to work as they are all connected to your psn account. Got love that drm..not..lol
ThrDev

Post by ThrDev » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:39 pm

The DRM does suck indeed.

When you use the mail trick for turning a bubble into a VHBL bubble, do you typically use a paid game or free game from the PSN store?
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:17 pm

We can use almost anything with the pboot trick and in my post on the blog I know demo, epsp, minis work fine as I told people to get petz saddle club, loco, ape quest etc..