VHBL cannot see homebrew

You need help or just got a question? Feel free to ask!
AHumanBeHacking

VHBL cannot see homebrew

Post by AHumanBeHacking » Sat May 14, 2016 6:26 am

Sorry if this is worded oddly, I'm copying over my question from Reddit. I seem to be having a nesting problem. VHBL doesn't see homebrew listed under ms0:/PSP/VHBL. I followed the guide by configuring it through PSVSAVEDATA > XXXXXXXXXX > VHBL01234 folder and PBOOT.PBP. I read to place the emulators under the same directory, with one tutorial explicitly saying not inside the folder used for enabling VHBL.

gPSP seems to be irregular than other emulators as I've seen different suggestions on how to add ROMs, but every plac I've read has the gPSP folder under the PSVSAVEDATA > XXXXXXXXXX. Should the VHBL01234 folder and PBOOT.PBP be gone now? Where should I be placing the emulators? Could I just use email to write files to the location instead?
hackinformer
Site Admin

RE: VHBL cannot see homebrew

Post by hackinformer » Sat May 14, 2016 7:10 am

They all go in the psvita save dir on the PC it's where all the vita files are at, like when you backup a game or transfer a save to the vita from your pc. Like in my pc I store the vita files in Mydocuments/ps vita/psavedata/xxxxxxx/SNES (xxxxx is your vita cma #)

http://hackinformer.com/2015/01/28/psvi ... -for-vhbl/
Last edited by hackinformer on Sat May 14, 2016 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
AHumanBeHacking

Post by AHumanBeHacking » Sun May 15, 2016 3:10 am

Yes as I said in the OP that's where I put them, but VHBL doesn't see the emulators.

The PSAVEDATE/XXXXXXXXX/GPSP folder has the data bin, bios, icon, install.zip, param.sfo, and the read me files inside. Is there something I'm missing?
Last edited by AHumanBeHacking on Sun May 15, 2016 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Sun May 15, 2016 4:25 am

So they are transferred to the vita ok with cma or qcma? Once they are in the vita and you launch the vhbl bubble and go to the savedata dir on the vita you should see them and be able to install. Then as I don't have any problems with VHBL and FW3.60. So I don't know what you are doing wrong.
AHumanBeHacking

Post by AHumanBeHacking » Sun May 15, 2016 5:27 pm

Well I got it to install, but I'm getting the message saying the bios is missing. I mentioned above about where I placed it. Is that the correct place or inside the zip folder (where there is an EBOOT.PSP file)? Also, how I do I delete my install if I want to do it over?
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Sun May 15, 2016 6:08 pm

You put it in the same place the eboot file is for the emulator. Easy way is to use FTP on the vita and FileZilla on the pc. To add bios, more roms, or delete stuff..
AHumanBeHacking

Post by AHumanBeHacking » Sun May 15, 2016 6:55 pm

Ugh, FTP would require Rejuvenate, which I could not manage to work before. I don't seem to have the patience to follow instructions anymore. When I just tried I made less progress than previously (I got PS Dev Assisant Unity on my Vita and the license files at least). I'm on firmware 3.12.
Last edited by AHumanBeHacking on Sun May 15, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Sun May 15, 2016 8:21 pm

No you can use vitaftp on vhbl no need for Rejuvenate.. How do you think I move things around on 360FW. There is one all setup for you here, just take out the install zip and add it to a gamesave.

http://hackinformer.com/2015/01/28/psvi ... -for-vhbl/
AHumanBeHacking

Post by AHumanBeHacking » Mon May 16, 2016 5:25 am

With FTP I finally got this working. Thank you for your patience.

Now if I could only get gpsp to recognize my .SAV file for a game I was playing on Visual Boy Advance.
Last edited by AHumanBeHacking on Mon May 16, 2016 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Mon May 16, 2016 2:36 pm

Glad you got it working and good luck with the sav..