Error linking PSTV email

You need help or just got a question? Feel free to ask!
TheDizee

Error linking PSTV email

Post by TheDizee » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:37 pm

Just got a PSTV on 3.20 firmware and I am trying to set it up to whitelist etc.

However the email app keeps giving me error C2-14393-0. seems other people on reddit trying to do the same thing are having the same issue https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comm ... _c2143930/

I have 2 step verification on my gmail account and have access for less secured apps on too. not sure why this isnt working, anyone know whats wrong?
hackinformer
Site Admin

Re: Error linking PSTV email

Post by hackinformer » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:17 pm

Take off the two step verification and make sure allow less secure apps is on. Once you do that it should work fine. I don't get why they had a issue with it as I bought 3 pstv on lower firmware and never had one issue with them no matter what FW it was on. Sometimes it's best to just use another email provider and see what sticks but gmail does work on all FW's.
TheDizee

Re: Error linking PSTV email

Post by TheDizee » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:30 am

hackinformer wrote:Take off the two step verification and make sure allow less secure apps is on. Once you do that it should work fine. I don't get why they had a issue with it as I bought 3 pstv on lower firmware and never had one issue with them no matter what FW it was on. Sometimes it's best to just use another email provider and see what sticks but gmail does work on all FW's.
looks like its a new issue, i googled it and found very little on it. one of the few things i found as of lately was on other sites with the same problem I had. i tried it with 2 step and secure apps on and off, nothing fixed it. guy on reddit said to try with a gmx.com email account and its working w/ that.

thanks for the help