PS Vita on 3.50. TNV and even legit games = Update

You need help or just got a question? Feel free to ask!
neosnake87

PS Vita on 3.50. TNV and even legit games = Update

Post by neosnake87 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:48 am

Hey guys I need some help here. I would grateful to any suggestions you guys have. So I have a PS Vita on 3.50 with TN-V PSP CFW. For past 6 months or so since I set up the CFW everything worked great no problems at all and now just recently I turned on my Vita and now all of the sudden I am getting an update nag when I try to start TN-V CFW from the Home Screen. I am guessing Sony found a way to block CFW on the people who never updated. Nintendo did this to me on my CFW 3DS before. So any work arounds? I'm going on a trip in a few days and want to be able to play my emulators. Edit: I just realized it's not just TN-V throwing an update nag. Even my legit bought games are getting it too. I've tried the vita update blocker too but to no avail.
hackinformer
Site Admin

Re: PS Vita on 3.50. TNV and even legit games = Update

Post by hackinformer » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:47 am

Never heard of that as I have many lower FW devices and never get ask to update like you are describing. If I want to go to the psn store of course but to play a game, no way or it wouldn't be a mobile device. I hate to be in the jungle and it just magically asks me to update.

Did you format it or restore it? Cuz it sounds more like it wants your to reactivate the system and the only way to do that is to go psn store but you can't on lower FW, you need a ps3 to do that now.. It's like you did something to it..
neosnake87

Re: PS Vita on 3.50. TNV and even legit games = Update

Post by neosnake87 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:04 am

Yeah it's really weird. Spent like 6 hours trying to figure it out. I can't find a single similar case in the search results. And I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything to it. Last time I played it everything worked like it was supposed to and then I didn't play it for like 2 months then turned it on one day and it started doing that.