Do you think sony will be more strict now?

News, Games and everything PS4 related
UntoldTruth

Do you think sony will be more strict now?

Post by UntoldTruth » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:40 am

With the fact that save wizard can resign saves and the fact that nextgenupdate has so many plat saves that make getting the plat take a few hours as opposed to 50+ hours and that you can now use your trophies to get psn currency do you think they will start banning people that get too many trophies in a short period of time?
Lakell00

Re: Do you think sony will be more strict now?

Post by Lakell00 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:38 am

naw i dont think so i think there main concern is online gameplay when it gets to that level then maybe they will crack down
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:29 am

UntoldTruth wrote:With the fact that save wizard can resign saves and the fact that nextgenupdate has so many plat saves that make getting the plat take a few hours as opposed to 50+ hours and that you can now use your trophies to get psn currency do you think they will start banning people that get too many trophies in a short period of time?
No, platinum saves were common on PS3 and they did pretty much nothing about it. Only thing they did was dual encryption on saves which was more so a publisher choice, and even those were cracked via CFW. And luckily the method the save editor uses is purely through CFW as opposed to an open source save editor so that shouldn't be an issue.
UntoldTruth

Post by UntoldTruth » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:37 am

zachillios wrote:
UntoldTruth wrote:With the fact that save wizard can resign saves and the fact that nextgenupdate has so many plat saves that make getting the plat take a few hours as opposed to 50+ hours and that you can now use your trophies to get psn currency do you think they will start banning people that get too many trophies in a short period of time?
No, platinum saves were common on PS3 and they did pretty much nothing about it. Only thing they did was dual encryption on saves which was more so a publisher choice, and even those were cracked via CFW. And luckily the method the save editor uses is purely through CFW as opposed to an open source save editor so that shouldn't be an issue.
Yeah but that was before you make money with trophies that can be spent to buy games. If they aren't account bound you can find a group of 5-10 games that you could plat each of in like 2 days and you can farm $10 psn codes over and over again. I think sony would lose too much money if people are just using plat saves to get hundreds of platinum's and easy trophies to not do anything about it. It takes about 3 or so 100%s depending on the number of trophies the game has to get one $10 psn card.
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:01 pm

UntoldTruth wrote:
zachillios wrote:
Yeah but that was before you make money with trophies that can be spent to buy games. If they aren't account bound you can find a group of 5-10 games that you could plat each of in like 2 days and you can farm $10 psn codes over and over again. I think sony would lose too much money if people are just using plat saves to get hundreds of platinum's and easy trophies to not do anything about it. It takes about 3 or so 100%s depending on the number of trophies the game has to get one $10 psn card.
Still gonna say no. The only thing they could do is again update save encryption, which they've attempted to do like 2-3 different times this year and the save algorithm was promptly cracked again just a few days after. As I said, the way save editing works in this generation is completely different compared to what it was in the past. There's honestly not much they can do. The publishers on the other hand can as I said put really sturdy save encryptions up (See: Horizon Zero Dawn) and that's honestly about it. I wouldn't worry, this doesn't change anything.
hebeeehopeee

Post by hebeeehopeee » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:06 am

I don't think so, there have been many people who have experienced it and found it normal. or you can try tunnel rush and experience the real fun