I have auto-updates disabled, but my games still update anyway. WTF? How do I stop this?

Can't find an answer to your question? Ask here!
Darth Revenger

I have auto-updates disabled, but my games still update anyway. WTF? How do I stop this?

Post by Darth Revenger » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:38 am

Why in hell does my PS4 still download and install game updates, even though I clearly have it disabled in my system settings? Is there anyway to fix this crap? It's been like this ever since I got it in 2015.

That option is pointless in our PS4 if it doesn't actually work...

At least it doesn't download Firmware updates automatically, thank goodness for that!

I'd rather not keep my console offline to avoid updates since I use online regularly for co-op games and stuff like Netflix and etc.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
Toma_Gabriel

Re: I have auto-updates disabled, but my games still update anyway. WTF? How do I stop this?

Post by Toma_Gabriel » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:53 am

Darth Revenger wrote:Why in hell does my PS4 still download and install game updates, even though I clearly have it disabled in my system settings? Is there anyway to fix this crap? It's been like this ever since I got it in 2015.

That option is pointless in our PS4 if it doesn't actually work...

At least it doesn't download Firmware updates automatically, thank goodness for that!

I'd rather not keep my console offline to avoid updates since I use online regularly for co-op games and stuff like Netflix and etc.
Turn all auto-update settings on, then turn again all off (even the sub greyed-out menu). After that go in safe mode after turning off your ps4. rebuild database and it should fix your problem.
Darth Revenger

Re: I have auto-updates disabled, but my games still update anyway. WTF? How do I stop this?

Post by Darth Revenger » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:32 am

Thank you, I really hope this works. (Just got through doing this, no way to tell if it works until there's a new update.)

I don't understand why Sony never bothered to even fix this problem. THis would be a disaster for people with data caps/bandwidth limits on their internet.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader