Is anyone else having trouble accessing Bloodborne's Quick Mode?

News, Games Updates and everything SW related
Darth Revenger

Is anyone else having trouble accessing Bloodborne's Quick Mode?

Post by Darth Revenger » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:26 am

Not sure where this belongs, so posting it here. Mods are free to move it to the appropriate section if it's in the wrong place.

Basically when I right-click and try to access Quick Mode for it, instead of bringing up Quick Mode, it says Advanced Mode, it tries loading for a bit and then stays stuck in place perpetually unless I exit the box. (I waited 30+ minutes) This sounds a lot like a bug.

Here is the screen I get stuck at after trying to access Quick Mode for Bloodborne:

However, when I right-click and try to access advanced mode, that option works and fully loads within a few minutes. But it's not like we can edit anything in advanced mode, right? It's just for finding cheats to add, isn't it?

Save Wizard works fine for all of my other games, not sure why it doesn't work for Bloodborne. My save is from the digital/PSN version and I also have the DLC/expansion.

For the record, I DID e-mail the Save Wizard team about this, but it's been four days and I have not gotten a response. I also tried uploading my save to them via their support section, but after hitting submit, the next page saying it's been successful or whatever never loads and it just sits there loading forever, a really long time and never fully loads.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
Kitsune

Re: Is anyone else having trouble accessing Bloodborne's Quick Mode?

Post by Kitsune » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:29 am

Ultimarok wrote:But it's not like we can edit anything in advanced mode, right? It's just for finding cheats to add, isn't it?
Advanced Mode (AM) is literally the Save in Hexadecimal View. What your Quick Codes (QC) do are to change a value on some offset in that Save. Going into AM let's you do that directly. You can literally go to offset 0x3DEC and see the value there and change it in that view.

If the change proves useful and works for you, you may attempt to create a QC for it, for easier Access and to share it with others.

There are Tutorials for all of this. Myself or another will be willing to go through this with you, to help you understand it better.
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:18 am

Uh, nevermind.

Quick mode randomly decided to work right. This is the first time this has ever happened. It did take 10 minutes for it to function right though. Weird. Most of the time it labels itself as Advanced Mode, even though I clearly click on Quick Mode after right-clicking and fails after 15+ minutes. This was the first time it ever worked right for me. I'm not sure what happened? I was recording a video showing what goes wrong when it decided to work right. Strange...

I will let you know if I ever have problems with it again.

This is a question for ANYONE who knows: What is the offset/location of Blood Echoes in the save in case I ever can't get quick mode to work again? And is it in normal bytes or reversed bytes? (I.E. Big Endian or Little Endian)

At least the real Advanced Mode works just fine for me, it's only Quick Mode that gives me problems.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:30 am

Ultimarok wrote:Uh, nevermind.

Quick mode randomly decided to work right. This is the first time this has ever happened. It did take 10 minutes for it to function right though. Weird. Most of the time it labels itself as Advanced Mode, even though I clearly click on Quick Mode after right-clicking and fails after 15+ minutes. This was the first time it ever worked right for me. I'm not sure what happened? I was recording a video showing what goes wrong when it decided to work right. Strange...

I will let you know if I ever have problems with it again.

This is a question for ANYONE who knows: What is the offset/location of Blood Echoes in the save in case I ever can't get quick mode to work again? And is it in normal bytes or reversed bytes? (I.E. Big Endian or Little Endian)

At least the real Advanced Mode works just fine for me, it's only Quick Mode that gives me problems.

the Blood echos is -0x14 from your in game name and the in game name would look like this S K I L L E R

also my guess on that advanced mode inside Quick mode is not really advanced mode its just sending the save to the server iv seen it alot on saves that only show as 1 file but when decrypted they seem to have more then 1 they probably have to send it to the server first to make sure you have the files in your save before pulling up Quick mode .

the email i got back about the Quick mode on them 2 games was there was a Server issue that needed tweaking for them 2
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:08 am

Skiller wrote:the Blood echos is -0x14 from your in game name and the in game name would look like this S K I L L E R

also my guess on that advanced mode inside Quick mode is not really advanced mode its just sending the save to the server iv seen it alot on saves that only show as 1 file but when decrypted they seem to have more then 1 they probably have to send it to the server first to make sure you have the files in your save before pulling up Quick mode .

the email i got back about the Quick mode on them 2 games was there was a Server issue that needed tweaking for them 2
Ohhhh! That explains a LOT. I thought something had gone horribly wrong for me like some kind of save corruption when my save worked fine in the game. That's one less worry/confusion off my mind. Thank you for the heads up and clearing that up! And thank you for the offset/address.

So Bloodborne wasn't the only game that did that, interesting.

It should be noted that it took me well over 10 tries before I finally got it to work with Bloodborne's Quick Mode. Good to know it's only a server issue and not some bad bug on my end or whatever.

Also I think using that code makes the game laggier for some reason. The FPS dips a lot when you load it with the max Blood Echoes. Maybe doing it in Advanced Mode will fix that, dunno.