QMO Hate thread.

News, Games Updates and everything SW related
chris83

Re: Nioh

Post by chris83 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:04 pm

Well I guess this is where xploder comes in because cheating online is going to happen regardless even though I don't agree with it. Someone will upload a save with the cheats already applied. I still have my save but I'm not buying xploder unless it's necessary. I like the SW product and I know they are busy, but they don't apply enough cheats to some games. Because we like to have max items, max weapon level, max guardian spirit, etc.

Team ninja just now started adding difficulty to Nioh because at level 750, way of strong was a joke. They dropped the level to 400 making it difficult for players to complete the new difficulty, way of demon. With the next dlc, nioh is only going to get harder.

However, if they decide to add Dying Light, it will be quick mode also because of the leader boards. There is no point for quick mode on that game, online has been hacked badly, but it will still happen. As for other games out there, the same will happen without a save editor. Leaderboards are pointless.

All I'm saying, if they are going to make cheats for games and use quick mode because of leaderboards, then more cheats have to be added, not just a few.
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Sat May 06, 2017 11:38 pm

chris83 wrote:Well I guess this is where xploder comes in because cheating online is going to happen regardless even though I don't agree with it. Someone will upload a save with the cheats already applied. I still have my save but I'm not buying xploder unless it's necessary. I like the SW product and I know they are busy, but they don't apply enough cheats to some games. Because we like to have max items, max weapon level, max guardian spirit, etc.

Team ninja just now started adding difficulty to Nioh because at level 750, way of strong was a joke. They dropped the level to 400 making it difficult for players to complete the new difficulty, way of demon. With the next dlc, nioh is only going to get harder.

However, if they decide to add Dying Light, it will be quick mode also because of the leader boards. There is no point for quick mode on that game, online has been hacked badly, but it will still happen. As for other games out there, the same will happen without a save editor. Leaderboards are pointless.

All I'm saying, if they are going to make cheats for games and use quick mode because of leaderboards, then more cheats have to be added, not just a few.
Or they dont need to support games that have Leader boards at all thats the Gist of it. Reality games that can be played online we just need to be happy if they have codes.. at all but yes it be nice to have more codes for sure :)
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Sat May 06, 2017 11:56 pm

From what I have seen in the Current Games List and the IDs I am under the impression they are trying to reach a certain amount of games Supported, each with as many codes as they can without spending an extreme amount of time on each one. The difference of getting 1 or 2 games a week with a few codes while we can edit them, or 1 game a month with an unnecessary amount of codes where we don't really need to experiment.

I think once they hit a certain mark they will slow down and look back and improve what they can.

Makes sense to me.
chris83

Post by chris83 » Sun May 07, 2017 2:49 am

Kitsune wrote:From what I have seen in the Current Games List and the IDs I am under the impression they are trying to reach a certain amount of games Supported, each with as many codes as they can without spending an extreme amount of time on each one. The difference of getting 1 or 2 games a week with a few codes while we can edit them, or 1 game a month with an unnecessary amount of codes where we don't really need to experiment.

I think once they hit a certain mark they will slow down and look back and improve what they can.

Makes sense to me.
I am referring to games that are quick mode only, not the ones that have advance mode because that is the fun part. If they use the same strategy like they did with Game Genie, then no I don't think SW will go back and add more codes. On the PS3, I can use Resident Evil Revelations 2 for that matter because a simple code was made that didn't help the players. I think it was to gain all skills, but players needed help with certain difficulties such as invincible mode. To get the required cheats, players used a save editor that was developed by Red Eye (not for sure). All I'm saying if you're not going to have enough codes for games that are considered quick mode only due to leader boards, then it is almost pointless to add them. I have seen that situation many times with Game Genie. I will wait and see what happens with the game list and cheats. I bought SW for the advance mode feature.
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Sun May 07, 2017 4:11 am

That's fair, I suppose. When I joined GG the decline was already in motion and even though there were developers making codes Hyperkin and the other company just wasn't releasing the games.

With SW just starting I feel we can expect a different experience.
UntoldTruth

Post by UntoldTruth » Sun May 07, 2017 9:40 am

Imparasite wrote:but its unfair also to remove without a notice the one of the features of the product instantly because one or two idots messed up in online. im very pissed off because im longing to use the user codes when my copy comes then this happened jeeezz. its very unfair for me also as offline gamers wants to play and finish the game at ease and doesnt care online features etc etc. its just my opinion. if its ok mods can delete it also.
What is the point of buying the game if you won't even attempt to play it without cheats? Things like this are meant for second playthroughs or for help if you get stuck; not to be used right out of the gate. To me is sounds like you bought the game just because of the cheats to get an easy plat trophy which is entirely against what this program is about.
UntoldTruth

Post by UntoldTruth » Sun May 07, 2017 9:52 am

In my honest opinion they should just let advanced mode stay in and if anyone sees anyone cheating I am sure there will be a post about it on reddit. If a user is found to be cheating online or in pvp then their access to save wizard should be revoked. It is a shame that the few effect the many in such a way. Without advanced mode the current state of save wizard is not worth the money. The main reason to buy save wizard is for help with the souls-borne games and advanced mode is needed for most of them. TBH more souls/bloodshards etc does not really help all that much. I understand where save wizard is coming from, the more people that cheat online the more heat will be brought down by SE. But most people here do not want to cheat online. I know me for example I have most of my PS4 games bought digitally so I damn sure am not risking my account to cheat in pvp. The worst part about this is that a lot of the cheats I can not reverse without the quick codes because there is no way to reset the levels of your guardians which means I cant use 90% of my guardians in pvp because of the ridiculous stats they give at level 150.

In the end save wizard will probably never release these cheats publicly as they have no reason to and it just creates more work for themselves... Guess we will just have to wait for a public brute force or homebrew to release.
Imparasite

Post by Imparasite » Sun May 07, 2017 10:33 am

UntoldTruth wrote:
Imparasite wrote:but its unfair also to remove without a notice the one of the features of the product instantly because one or two idots messed up in online. im very pissed off because im longing to use the user codes when my copy comes then this happened jeeezz. its very unfair for me also as offline gamers wants to play and finish the game at ease and doesnt care online features etc etc. its just my opinion. if its ok mods can delete it also.
What is the point of buying the game if you won't even attempt to play it without cheats? Things like this are meant for second playthroughs or for help if you get stuck; not to be used right out of the gate. To me is sounds like you bought the game just because of the cheats to get an easy plat trophy which is entirely against what this program is about.
Yes I brough the game so i can use the cheats and to finish the game at ease then sell the game afterwards. im playing games just for fun at the same time i dont have plenty of time to grind etc etc. and excuse me i dont care about trophies etc etc achievements also online stuffs jeezzz. so whats your problem about it?
chris83

Post by chris83 » Sun May 07, 2017 3:49 pm

UntoldTruth wrote:In my honest opinion they should just let advanced mode stay in and if anyone sees anyone cheating I am sure there will be a post about it on reddit. If a user is found to be cheating online or in pvp then their access to save wizard should be revoked. It is a shame that the few effect the many in such a way. Without advanced mode the current state of save wizard is not worth the money. The main reason to buy save wizard is for help with the souls-borne games and advanced mode is needed for most of them. TBH more souls/bloodshards etc does not really help all that much. I understand where save wizard is coming from, the more people that cheat online the more heat will be brought down by SE. But most people here do not want to cheat online. I know me for example I have most of my PS4 games bought digitally so I damn sure am not risking my account to cheat in pvp. The worst part about this is that a lot of the cheats I can not reverse without the quick codes because there is no way to reset the levels of your guardians which means I cant use 90% of my guardians in pvp because of the ridiculous stats they give at level 150.

In the end save wizard will probably never release these cheats publicly as they have no reason to and it just creates more work for themselves... Guess we will just have to wait for a public brute force or homebrew to release.
I definitely agree with your post. In the future, we will have to rely on other save editors for the best games because the players that play offline are being punished for the few that cheat online. Before I started using SW, I beat Nioh so many times, I lost count lol. Now I'm just having fun with the cheats that were made.
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Sun May 07, 2017 8:27 pm

Well since everyone else spoke their minds and made how they feel about this move/decision known, I may as well do the same and release that post that I originally did not post.

This is what I originally wrote a few days ago but ended up not going through with:
Darth Revenger wrote:
Imparasite wrote:omg so sad they removed an advnce mode for the game :( my copy is on the way :( btw can we still add some codes for quick mode for this game??
Ocean13@ wrote:
Ocean13@ wrote:I have to admit the only cheat I used was for divine fragments and spirit chunks.
And now I can't use them anymore.
Don't worry, you're not the only ones pissed about this. I am as well.

This makes me less likely to buy whatever the next product will be for the next console and I am already semi-regretting my purchase. (Namely because I didn't think this sort of thing would happen when I did so.)

It started with Persona 5 and now it's snowballing into this. We shouldn't be punished because of what less scrupulous douchebags do online, that is in no way our fault if we don't take cheats online. They seem to keep forgetting that we paid for this. We didn't pay to have features restricted and codes removed. I kept my cool and edited my post above (The one that says "Nevermind), but seeing Kitsune's post was a bit of last straw for me. Before anyone says it, I'm aware they can do with what they want with it and that's my problem, when things like this happen.

"I would leave it at that." Seriously? If we pay for something, we should be able to criticize it and decisions made without being reprimanded/banned for it. If it were free, that'd be one thing... But it's not and we don't even own it, it's just a subscription/license, which makes it even worse. What happened to the days of actually OWNING the product and being able to do whatever you want with it and no one could stick their grubby hands on it and change it for the worse?

I hate online PvP cheaters just as much as you guys, it's because of them that crap like this happens, features gets restricted and codes get removed. What I DON'T like even more is getting punished because of THEIR mistakes.

If you're going to do that for Nioh, why not do it for Dark Souls III and Bloodborne as well? After all, there is PvP for that and douchebags abused Save Wizard and hacked/developer PS4s as well. The only difference between those games is that in Nioh, PvP is optional and you can choose whether or not to do it from a menu, but in Bloodborne/Dark Souls III, it's completely forced on you and you're invaded with no choice in the matter.

I'm aware that what's done is done, but if no one speaks up, who will? I am sure I will get crapped on for this, but it's worth it to vent rather than keep it bottled up inside and let it explode and feel this was a valid criticism along with others I have that have not been mentioned and are unrelated to this issue.

I will still use Save Wizard since it's still useful for the other games I own, but I'm not very happy with the decision at all. I only wish others who felt the same way would speak up so as to reduce the chances of features being restricted and codes removed in the future with other games.

That's all I have to say about that for now. Keep in mind I'm not attacking anyone here personally or personally insulting them outside of douchebags who cheat in online PvP and I do believe they deserve that moniker.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader