Question to devs about submiting saves

Can't find an answer to your question? Ask here!
Cissamannen

Question to devs about submiting saves

Post by Cissamannen » Fri May 19, 2017 5:15 pm

Hello again,
As we can submit a request form for saves, how would be the most beneficial way to test each save for you guys?
Just 1 save with detailed info and screenshots, or would a link to cloud storage be more accepted as we can then do multiple saves with different values in 1 request, making hex comparison or so easier for you to see what value is what in game?

If the latter is best I know I will do it that way instead, as it would require less testing of finding the correct one when one can compare.
Kitsune

Re: Question to devs about submiting saves

Post by Kitsune » Fri May 19, 2017 6:27 pm

Cissamannen wrote:Hello again,
As we can submit a request form for saves, how would be the most beneficial way to test each save for you guys?
Just 1 save with detailed info and screenshots, or would a link to cloud storage be more accepted as we can then do multiple saves with different values in 1 request, making hex comparison or so easier for you to see what value is what in game?

If the latter is best I know I will do it that way instead, as it would require less testing of finding the correct one when one can compare.
1) One save per upload. No more than that. I've brought it up to them in the past in a Support Form and that was their response.

2) Screenshots are valid. It works quite well as you can't mistype a screenshot.

3) AS MUCH detailed and relevant information as possible.
Cissamannen

Post by Cissamannen » Fri May 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Kitsune wrote:

1) One save per upload. No more than that. I've brought it up to them in the past in a Support Form and that was their response.

2) Screenshots are valid. It works quite well as you can't mistype a screenshot.

One save per upload is understandable, so even if just adding a dummy zip containing link to say onedrive folder, which is structured with 3 saves, each with screenshot corresponding to it?
I have no clue how they have their system of course, just seems odd why that wouldnt be a validated method? Heck even if uploading 1 save, then adding the others to a cloud link in detail description in case they would need it should be deemed _OK_ if they are suddenly in need of it during testing/searching?
I mean, its basicly giving them thr option, is up to them to use it or not?
Just want to know if its worth the extra work or not to make it as easy on them as possible =)
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Fri May 19, 2017 8:35 pm

Cissamannen wrote:
Kitsune wrote:

One save per upload is understandable, so even if just adding a dummy zip containing link to say onedrive folder, which is structured with 3 saves, each with screenshot corresponding to it?
I have no clue how they have their system of course, just seems odd why that wouldnt be a validated method? Heck even if uploading 1 save, then adding the others to a cloud link in detail description in case they would need it should be deemed _OK_ if they are suddenly in need of it during testing/searching?
I mean, its basicly giving them thr option, is up to them to use it or not?
Just want to know if its worth the extra work or not to make it as easy on them as possible =)
All I can tell you is what they told me. If you want to message them, go for it. Try the SW Facebook page, they seem particular active there. Or maybe Twitter.