Bloodborne : Quick Tutorial on Gem Modding

Stremon

Re: Bloodborne : Quick Tutorial on Gem Modding

Post by Stremon » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:49 pm

Stremon wrote:Hey how can i have any gem ID ?? i can't found it on m'y save
JDFRED06

Post by JDFRED06 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:49 am

100favors wrote:Hi i guess no one have asked this yet, but does anyone kno the id of winter lantern?
I do not. I personally think it's easier to drop all the gems you don't want, and search for the gem shape. If it's a droplet, then searching for "00 00 00 3F" will bring it up eventually. It's not a common set. In addition to this, once you've found one gem, the others tend to be in the same area of the code.

Stremon wrote:Hey how can i have any gem ID ?? i can't found it ...
The gem ID varies constantly from what I can tell. It's best to either look for the enemy it dropped from (if you know that), or the type of gem as discussed in my response above. Once you find that you have your gem ID, and can slot it into any weapon.
100favors

Post by 100favors » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:56 pm

JDFRED06 wrote:
100favors wrote:Hi i guess no one have asked this yet, but does anyone kno the id of winter lantern?
I do not. I personally think it's easier to drop all the gems you don't want, and search for the gem shape. If it's a droplet, then searching for "00 00 00 3F" will bring it up eventually. It's not a common set. In addition to this, once you've found one gem, the others tend to be in the same area of the code.

Stremon wrote:Hey how can i have any gem ID ?? i can't found it ...
The gem ID varies constantly from what I can tell. It's best to either look for the enemy it dropped from (if you know that), or the type of gem as discussed in my response above. Once you find that you have your gem ID, and can slot it into any weapon.
Ok i just made every gem into droplets lol, btw do u kno how to make every item 99? I need more chunks and chalice mats
JDFRED06

Post by JDFRED06 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:04 pm

Stremon wrote:
Ok i just made every gem into droplets lol, btw do u kno how to make every item 99? I need more chunks and chalice mats
Sure. Just find the item ID that you want to duplicate.

For example, Bloodstone Chunks are:
CC 0B

In the data you'll find the following lines:
CC 0B 00 B0 \\ CC 0B 00 40 \\ XX 00 00 00

Where the line ending B0 is the item identifier, and the line ending 40 verifies this as best I can tell. The final line is the amount of the item you have. If you have 5 chunks, it will read 05 00 00 00. You just simply have to change that to the number you want (keep in mind it's hex values, so if you want 10 items, you'll need to change the value to 0A 00 00 00).

You may find two entries, one for inventory and one for storage. You can change amounts of either, though inventory caps are respected even when edited. In other words you can't edit more than 10 fire paper for example.

You could also just find your blood stone shards [B8 0B] and change those to chunks [CC 0B]. Whatever works for you. Just change it for both item identification lines, ending in B0 and 40.

Bloodborne Hex IDs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1767583388
C_Bleezy

Post by C_Bleezy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:59 pm

Aladore, question for you: The OP contains values for 9.8% Physical and 11.7% Blunt, which are the max rolls you can (normally) obtain with the +72.5 ARC secondary. However, other useful rolls with that secondary stat are 9.8% Arcane or ~8.8% Attack (forgot the exact value associated with a rank 19 nourishing with flat arc secondary, but it's around there) for a Kos Parasite and Logarius Wheel, respectively. I have a few arc/flat arcs I can look at to figure out what the value is for 9.8% Arcane, but I haven't kept any of my nourishing gems with the arcane add secondary.

Would you happen to know what the value is for the rank 19 nourishing that comes with the +72.5 ARC secondary? It's the perfect gem for the Logarius Wheel, but it's unfortunately one of the only primary effects not on the list.
100favors

Post by 100favors » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:44 pm

JDFRED06 wrote:
Stremon wrote:
Sure. Just find the item ID that you want to duplicate.

For example, Bloodstone Chunks are:
CC 0B

In the data you'll find the following lines:
CC 0B 00 B0 \\ CC 0B 00 40 \\ XX 00 00 00

Where the line ending B0 is the item identifier, and the line ending 40 verifies this as best I can tell. The final line is the amount of the item you have. If you have 5 chunks, it will read 05 00 00 00. You just simply have to change that to the number you want (keep in mind it's hex values, so if you want 10 items, you'll need to change the value to 0A 00 00 00).

You may find two entries, one for inventory and one for storage. You can change amounts of either, though inventory caps are respected even when edited. In other words you can't edit more than 10 fire paper for example.

You could also just find your blood stone shards [B8 0B] and change those to chunks [CC 0B]. Whatever works for you. Just change it for both item identification lines, ending in B0 and 40.

Bloodborne Hex IDs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1767583388
Hey thanks for the spreadsheet it was really handy all the item ids are there including caryl rune, guess what i played with it and tried doubling the effect of eye rune lol but nope, guess i did something wrong?
JDFRED06

Post by JDFRED06 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:21 pm

C_Bleezy wrote:Aladore, question for you: The OP contains values for 9.8% Physical and 11.7% Blunt, which are the max rolls you can (normally) obtain with the +72.5 ARC secondary. However, other useful rolls with that secondary stat are 9.8% Arcane or ~8.8% Attack (forgot the exact value associated with a rank 19 nourishing with flat arc secondary, but it's around there) for a Kos Parasite and Logarius Wheel, respectively. I have a few arc/flat arcs I can look at to figure out what the value is for 9.8% Arcane, but I haven't kept any of my nourishing gems with the arcane add secondary.

Would you happen to know what the value is for the rank 19 nourishing that comes with the +72.5 ARC secondary? It's the perfect gem for the Logarius Wheel, but it's unfortunately one of the only primary effects not on the list.

If you want a % nourishing with a 72.5 ARC secondary you can just create it from any gem you have. It doesn't exist in the game, you'll have to edit it. So find your gem and replace the first effect for the nourishing % you want, and the second for the +72.5 ARC. It would be very powerful on a split damage weapon, especially one that already has innate ARC damage.

For example, if I wanted a 24.4% nourishing gem with +72.5 ARC, I would simply add those effects to the first two slots in the gem. It would be stupid powerful, but it's that easy.
100favors wrote: Hey thanks for the spreadsheet it was really handy all the item ids are there including caryl rune, guess what i played with it and tried doubling the effect of eye rune lol but nope, guess i did something wrong?
The runes will only show one effect. If you input the Eye rune effect correctly, it will work, but the rune itself will only show the first effect. You can add 5 additional effects to the Eye rune and they all should work, provided the code is correct. Just replace the "FF FF FF FF" sequences with the desired Caryll rune effect. You can stack five 15% HP up runes if you want... all the one Eye rune slot you already have.

Check your stats to verify, as your Discovery should increase to show both eye rune effects.
C_Bleezy

Post by C_Bleezy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:29 pm

JDFRED06, I appreciate the reply. I understand I could create a 23.6% nourishing/+72.5% ARC, but I dont want to create impossible gems; I just want to create the best legitimately-obtainable gems without having to grind for completion's sake.

The +72.5 ARC secondary can (albeit extremely rarely) roll an OoE nourishing primary effect with a value around 8-9%. I was just hoping someone had the hex value for it since it doesn't appear on the list in the OP.

I might be able to do some trial-and-error guessing to see if I can find it. There seems to be a difference of 0x160 between the values for both the max blunt/fire rolls with no secondary and the max blunt/fire rolls with a +72.5 ARC secondary, so maybe nourishing follows that same format.
JDFRED06

Post by JDFRED06 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:54 pm

C_Bleezy wrote:JDFRED06, I appreciate the reply. I understand I could create a 23.6% nourishing/+72.5% ARC, but I dont want to create impossible gems; I just want to create the best legitimately-obtainable gems without having to grind for completion's sake.

The +72.5 ARC secondary can (albeit extremely rarely) roll an OoE nourishing primary effect with a value around 8-9%. I was just hoping someone had the hex value for it since it doesn't appear on the list in the OP.

I might be able to do some trial-and-error guessing to see if I can find it. There seems to be a difference of 0x160 between the values for both the max blunt/fire rolls with no secondary and the max blunt/fire rolls with a +72.5 ARC secondary, so maybe nourishing follows that same format.
Sorry, I didn't understand your question.

Good starting points:
9.1% Nourishing - AF F1 01 00
+72.5 ARC -53 38 00 00

You can increase the first value of the 9.1% nourishing (AF) to B0 or B1 to get closer to the 9.8%. B0 and B1 are right after AF in hex, 175, 176, and 177 in decimal, respectively.

Most gem effects are controlled by the first two hex, so increasing the first value (in this case AF) increases the effect you can find in game. As a reference point, B5 is 15% nourishing. I would assume B0 or B1 are very close to 9.8%, the max you can get in game with a +72.5 ARC secondary.

Page 5 of this thread has the most updated list of effects, and I have a few listed as well on the same page.

Have fun!
C_Bleezy

Post by C_Bleezy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:04 pm

JDFRED06, thanks! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Those nourishings are some of the only gems I havent farmed legitimately, so I was hesistant to buy the save editor without the values for the main gems I want to edit. Will definintely purchase a license over the weekend, and I will see about getting the hex value for 9.8% ARC posted as well since I have a few of those laying around.