Change Your Icons And Livearea Of A Bubble (3.60) + SNES Icon/Livearea

HENkaku the homebrew enabler. Hacks, Mods, Games, Emulators & Homebrew
ACViper

Change Your Icons And Livearea Of A Bubble (3.60) + SNES Icon/Livearea

Post by ACViper » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:46 pm

This tutorial shows you how to change the icons and livearea of the homebrews. I used SNES as an example since the icons and livearea wasnt made with the .vpk

Instructions:

*UPDATE 2*
If you open a *homebrew*.vpk using winrar or 7zip you can easily just replace those files with mine. (If you want to put your own images they have to be saved as pngquant using a photoshop plugin or pngyu - https://pngquant.org/) The below instruction is just another way of doing this in case you guys are interested. Thanks @frangar on twitter for telling me.

1. Launch MolecularShell on your PS Vita and start FTP with the select button. On your PC use a FTP client like FileZilla and copy/get the following files:

Copy all the files in "SKOG00001 icons/livearea" to "/ur0:/appmeta/SKOG00001/"
Get your app.db from "/ur0:shell/db/app.db"

2. Launch "app.db" using DB Browser for SQLite and go to the "Execute SQL" tab
3. Click on the 2nd icon (should say Open SQL file when you hover your mouse over it)
4. Select the file "SNES LIVEAREA SQL.txt" and then click the icon that looks like a play button
5. Click "Write Changes"
6. Exit and copy the file back to "ur0:shell/db/app.db" using FTP
7. Restart your PS Vita, lauch MolecularShell and click install
8. DONE!

****THIS CAN BE DONE WITH ANY OTHER HOMEBREWS. JUST CHANGE THE FILES AND NAMES :D****

DOWNLOADS:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v5366n6ue6tz ... wjDua?dl=0

HOW IT LOOKS:
2016-07-29-110049.jpg
2016-07-29-110049.jpg (37.67 KiB) Viewed 18794 times
2016-07-29-110124.jpg
2016-07-29-110124.jpg (43.73 KiB) Viewed 18794 times
Last edited by ACViper on Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kouchan66

Re: Change Your Icons And Livearea Of A Bubble (3.60) + SNES Icon/Livearea

Post by Kouchan66 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:08 am

Thanks! I downloaded the file. I edited icons included. :P
lakers310

Post by lakers310 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:51 pm

How do you do it thru the way thru winrar or zip since when I put your png's I get error when trying to install the VPK I have used pngquant with the png your files had
ACViper

Post by ACViper » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:59 am

lakers310 wrote:How do you do it thru the way thru winrar or zip since when I put your png's I get error when trying to install the VPK I have used pngquant with the png your files had
To be real with u idk. I havent tried it but someone told me on twitter. He said u have to use pngquant but I dont know what settings u have to put it on. :/ Ask @frangar for help
lakers310

Post by lakers310 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:47 am

ACViper wrote:
lakers310 wrote:How do you do it thru the way thru winrar or zip since when I put your png's I get error when trying to install the VPK I have used pngquant with the png your files had
To be real with u idk. I havent tried it but someone told me on twitter. He said u have to use pngquant but I dont know what settings u have to put it on. :/ Ask @frangar for help
Thanks for the response yeah I will let him know since it seems much easier but thanks for the tutorial still works awesome
didixxcore

Post by didixxcore » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:13 am

i tried you technique but i failed.. :( could you, please, upload the file ready to use, without having to do anything, i am a complete noob, i didi t know nothing about vita's jailnreak or hbvl and thanks to henkaku, i take out my vita again out of the case, and now iam happy, thanks god, i got some thing i stslled, but blank icons make me crazy.

thanks in advance for this little favor.

regards
malev

Post by malev » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:39 pm

ACViper, did you made those images? I'm thinking on adding them to the project, so everyone who install Snes9x will have 'em by default. Are you ok with that?
Khofrankengr

Post by Khofrankengr » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:51 am

lakers310 wrote:
ACViper wrote:
Thanks for the response yeah I will let him know since it seems much easier but thanks for the tutorial still works awesome
may I know what are those DB browser and SQLite thing? Sorry sounds stupid but quite new to this (please bear with me)hehee. thanks