[RELEASE] camera_patch_lite plugin for Adrenaline eCFW

HENkaku the homebrew enabler. Hacks, Mods, Games, Emulators & Homebrew
User avatar
Freakler
Site Admin
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:37 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

[RELEASE] camera_patch_lite plugin for Adrenaline eCFW

Post by Freakler » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:41 pm

This plugin will add right analog stick support to the following PSP games on the Adrenaline eCFW:
C72yBKoU8AAyaBk.jpg
C72yBKoU8AAyaBk.jpg (11.88 KiB) Viewed 38541 times
Please check here for all currently supported games.

Note:
This does not involve actual game patching but only shortcuts the already build-in camera controls of those games to the analog stick. Depending on the game this will work differently good or bad! Like sometimes there might be a small delay or you'll only be able to look left or right, but thats all game depending and better than nothing imo. Also if a game uses a trigger button + the left analog stick for camera movement you obviously won't be able to walk and move the camera at the same time for example.

Also some games are disabled by default in the .ini file due to the native patches by TheFlow. Use those plugins instead!

Demo:


Installation:
Copy the prx & ini files to your seplugins folder and add "ms0:/seplugins/camera_patch_lite.prx 1" to the game.txt file.

Thanks & Greetings to: Team Molecule, The_FloW, reprep

Download: via github


Thanks
nahucirujano
Junior Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:32 pm

Re: [RELEASE] camera_patch_lite plugin for Adrenaline eCFW

Post by nahucirujano » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:47 pm

Thanks for sharing this.
Any chance of adding Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 to the patch?
User avatar
Freakler
Site Admin
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:37 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: [RELEASE] camera_patch_lite plugin for Adrenaline eCFW

Post by Freakler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:15 am

nahucirujano wrote:Thanks for sharing this.
Any chance of adding Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 to the patch?
Added! Redownload and test it please :)
User avatar
yoshinatsu
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: [RELEASE] camera_patch_lite plugin for Adrenaline eCFW

Post by yoshinatsu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:07 pm

Hm. I don't exactly understand what this is.
Why is a patch needed for some of those games?
For example, I have played games like Battlefront 2 and Monster Hunter on Adrenaline, and I could re-assign the camera buttons to the right stick through the vanilla menu.
What is the benefit of this patch?
User avatar
Freakler
Site Admin
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:37 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: [RELEASE] camera_patch_lite plugin for Adrenaline eCFW

Post by Freakler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:21 pm

yoshinatsu wrote:Hm. I don't exactly understand what this is.
Why is a patch needed for some of those games?
For example, I have played games like Battlefront 2 and Monster Hunter on Adrenaline, and I could re-assign the camera buttons to the right stick through the vanilla menu.
What is the benefit of this patch?
For those games nothing much aside that you don't have to configure that yourself anymore.

But there are plenty of other games that you can't map that way since they need a combo for the camera. For example Assassins Creed, Tomb Raider and so on.
And furthermore I adjusted inverted controls for some games, but thats about it yes :)
User avatar
yoshinatsu
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: [RELEASE] camera_patch_lite plugin for Adrenaline eCFW

Post by yoshinatsu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Freakler wrote:
yoshinatsu wrote:Hm. I don't exactly understand what this is.
Why is a patch needed for some of those games?
For example, I have played games like Battlefront 2 and Monster Hunter on Adrenaline, and I could re-assign the camera buttons to the right stick through the vanilla menu.
What is the benefit of this patch?
For those games nothing much aside that you don't have to configure that yourself anymore.

But there are plenty of other games that you can't map that way since they need a combo for the camera. For example Assassins Creed, Tomb Raider and so on.
And furthermore I adjusted inverted controls for some games, but thats about it yes :)
Oh, I see. If that's the case, I guess you could easily add the two Trails in the Sky games to your plugin as well.
They normally use the L and R buttons to rotate the camera, but personally I assign them to the right analog stick like modern games.

The four Monster Hunter games as well (Monster Hunter Freedom, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd.) Those normally use the D-pad for the camera, which resulted in the infamous "claw":
Image
User avatar
Freakler
Site Admin
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:37 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: [RELEASE] camera_patch_lite plugin for Adrenaline eCFW

Post by Freakler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:05 pm

yoshinatsu wrote: Oh, I see. If that's the case, I guess you could easily add the two Trails in the Sky games to your plugin as well.
They normally use the L and R buttons to rotate the camera, but personally I assign them to the right analog stick like modern games.

The four Monster Hunter games as well (Monster Hunter Freedom, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd.) Those normally use the D-pad for the camera, which resulted in the infamous "claw":
Added the two Trails in the Sky (plus corrected the camera) and all Monster Hunter games! Please test them if you can though :)
(I even started Monster Hunter Unite to test it earlier but I didn't know you have to leave the village first.. ^^)
Thank you
__snake__
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:02 am

Re: [RELEASE] camera_patch_lite plugin for Adrenaline eCFW

Post by __snake__ » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:10 am

Hi! Fantastic work!...

I wondered if it would be possible to add "God of war - Chains of olympus" and "God of war - Ghost of sparta", in these two cases the right analog stick would not be to move the camera but for Kratos to make loops, in the same way that in the games of this saga in PS2 / PS3, in PSP you should press L + R + analog stick.

Could it be possible ?

Thank you!
User avatar
Freakler
Site Admin
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:37 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: [RELEASE] camera_patch_lite plugin for Adrenaline eCFW

Post by Freakler » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:02 am

__snake__ wrote:I wondered if it would be possible to add "God of war - Chains of olympus" and "God of war - Ghost of sparta", in these two cases the right analog stick would not be to move the camera but for Kratos to make loops, in the same way that in the games of this saga in PS2 / PS3, in PSP you should press L + R + analog stick.

Could it be possible ?
This could easily be a plugin on its own but yes I just added it!
Go test it :)
__snake__
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:02 am

Re: [RELEASE] camera_patch_lite plugin for Adrenaline eCFW

Post by __snake__ » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:55 am

Fantastic, thanks a lot for the speed I'll try it this afternoon.

Another question about the plugin, will it work on Adrenaline running on PSTV and playing with DS3 ?
Post Reply