Anyone else can't connect to online multiplayer for Dragon Quest Heroes II?

News, Games Updates and everything SW related
Darth Revenger

Anyone else can't connect to online multiplayer for Dragon Quest Heroes II?

Post by Darth Revenger » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:55 am

Because I can't connect for crap with this game and am having trouble hosting a game with my best friend or the other way around. I know you have to beat the story stage first before you can co-op, but my best friend is WAY ahead of me in the game so he should've been able to connect to me no problem.

This is weird because multiplayer for other games we've played still work just fine. Just the other night we played Dark Souls III together and a few days before that, we did some Nioh co-op.

Not gonna lie, this issue is slowly starting to piss me off a bit since we were hyped for co-opping this game. I hope Square Enix/Omega Force patches this broken issue up soon.

If I were to report the broke online issue to Square Enix/Omega Force, would they even bother responding or doing something about it? I rarely have good experiences when it comes to support from big companies like this.

On a side-note, I hope we get codes for this game in Save Wizard. (Max EXP, Money, mini-medals, etc.)
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
ss4gogeta069

Re: Anyone else can't connect to online multiplayer for Dragon Quest Heroes II?

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:20 am

Don't know about issues but I've sent several emails to SE about games and gotten a response. Try it.
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:19 pm

Wait, why was this moved to Save Wizard Support? This is not a Save Wizard issue since the game isn't supported by it. This was more of an online multiplayer issue for a PS4 game.

Was trying to troubleshoot problems with it so I don't have to be forced to wait on Square Penix to patch/update it. Although it's probably a moot point now. I have tried many different things and I just cannot connect with others in this game.

The weird thing is that my best friend lives in the same state as me, but an hour and a half away from me, yet he can connect with anyone perfectly fine for multi-player in DQH II.

Weirder still is that we were able to play Dark Souls III, Nioh and another co-op game perfectly fine together. DQH II is the only one we can't because of how bad they screwed up the multi-player for it. I have no idea how they *bleep* this up when they had it working perfectly fine in Japan for a whole year before they released it in the west/states.

I had considered sending them an e-mail, but all I ever get are corporate response and no real human responses from them, so I decided against it since I have no faith in it. That's why I was looking for a customer support online chat, but they don't have one for Dragon Quest Heroes II, just for their online Final Fantasy game.

I think Square Enix is just the publisher, so we'd probably have to send it to Omega Force since they developed it/programmed it, but they don't seem to have their own website. It looks like you have to go through Koei-Tecmo to reach them, however reliable or unreliable that may be.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
lee4_cmp

Post by lee4_cmp » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:21 pm

here is official square-enix english forum

Dragon Quest Heroes II forum
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=453
Please read Save Wizard forum RULES
https://forum.hackinformer.com/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=985
lee4_cmp is supporter of Game Genie EU and Save Wizard MAX
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Wed May 03, 2017 9:02 pm

Posted on their NA/U.S. forum, but apparently you have your posts approved by a moderator/administrator if you're posting for the first time because they were recently under a "spam attack". It's been four days and they still haven't approved it. Also e-mailed them explaining what was wrong and they sent me back a generic response as I expected instead of reading what I wrote.

No matter, I found a temporary fix for myself and other people having the same problem as me and others and here it is:

Make a new PSN ID on your PS4 and use it while you play Dragon Quest Heroes II, that will finally let you play co-op on Dragon Quest Heroes II. It's a weird and inconvenient "fix", but it works. It's working for me, although I am still a little upset that it doesn't work for my main account, still. Hopefully they patch and fix this up soon!

Sorry to say that's the only way around the issue until Square Enix or Omega Force decides to get off their asses and fix it. I hope this helps!

Thanks to Hinatachan of GameFAQs for that fix.
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Mon May 22, 2017 4:49 am

A new fix/solution has been found!

"A Friend and I Fixed our Multi Player Lobby Creation Problem. We UNblocked everyone on our Blocked Friends list, exited the game and went back in. We can now create lobbies. This worked for both of us."

Source: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/141840- ... i/75370495

I can confirm this solution works since I had three people on my block list, I removed them and I can now co-op DQH II. What a weird issue with such a weird fix...

So basically check to see if you have anyone blocked on PSN and simply unblock them all and it should work just fine.