QMO Hate thread.

News, Games Updates and everything SW related
Imparasite

Re: Nioh

Post by Imparasite » Sat May 06, 2017 4:34 am

omg so sad they removed an advnce mode for the game :( my copy is on the way :( btw can we still add some codes for quick mode for this game??
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Sat May 06, 2017 4:56 am

Imparasite wrote:omg so sad they removed an advnce mode for the game :( my copy is on the way :( btw can we still add some codes for quick mode for this game??
Nope. All User Made QC should be disabled now. You may still see the codes added by you in your SW but as I understand it, they will just not work on your Save anymore.

Currently it has been requested that they add some of the user made codes to SW, so be patient but don't expect wonders either.

I would leave it at that until news arrives of what they will do.
Ocean13@

Post by Ocean13@ » Sat May 06, 2017 8:27 am

Ocean13@ wrote:I have to admit the only cheat I used was for divine fragments and spirit chunks.
And now I can't use them anymore.
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Sat May 06, 2017 10:04 am

Imparasite wrote:omg so sad they removed an advnce mode for the game :( my copy is on the way :( btw can we still add some codes for quick mode for this game??
Ocean13@ wrote:
Ocean13@ wrote:I have to admit the only cheat I used was for divine fragments and spirit chunks.
And now I can't use them anymore.
Don't worry, you're not the only ones pissed about this. I am as well.

I have a long response typed up in criticism of this move, but I'm not sure whether to post it just because I'll either be crapped on for it or possibly banned for it since people don't like criticism of a product when that's the only way to make a product get better and handle things more appropriately. (For now, I've got it saved in notepad, but I can't keep it bottled up forever.) If I didn't have to worry about a ban or suspension just for typing up a criticism, I would post it. (There are no insults or curse words in it or rule-breaking in it, for the record. I've made care to avoid that.)

I'll just say for now that I really don't appreciate this move nor the restriction of features and removal of codes because of the mistake of less scrupulous people, with a reminder that isn't what we wanted to pay for when we bought it. It's the wrong move, in my opinion.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Sat May 06, 2017 11:32 am

Darth Revenger wrote:I have a long response typed up in criticism of this move, but I'm not sure whether to post it just because I'll either be crapped on for it or possibly banned for it since people don't like criticism of a product when that's the only way to make a product get better and handle things more appropriately.

You're allowed to post your opinions here, Darth Revenger. We aren't going to ban you for it, we are not the Official Forum after all.

Personally I agree with the move, and I will admit I sent an email on the Support Site asking something to be done, if QMO was an option. It may start with only a few people trying it out but it gets worse very quickly. Even people who normally would never do such a thing get tempted to try it.

Apparently there are requests to have some of the User Made QCs added to QM so some of the codes you guys like will be back hopefully, but only after being tested, possibly altered, and then verified to not affect Online Play, or at least nothing severe.

They could have removed Support fully for it but they kept it around as QMO, which is something at least, especially with someone trying to get stuff added on your guy's behalf.
Imparasite

Post by Imparasite » Sat May 06, 2017 1:22 pm

but its unfair also to remove without a notice the one of the features of the product instantly because one or two idots messed up in online. im very pissed off because im longing to use the user codes when my copy comes then this happened jeeezz. its very unfair for me also as offline gamers wants to play and finish the game at ease and doesnt care online features etc etc. its just my opinion. if its ok mods can delete it also.
Ocean13@

Post by Ocean13@ » Sat May 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Bring back a handful of cheats for single player; namely the crafting ones.

Divine Fragments
Spirit Chunks
Anima chunks (not sure what the last name was)
Wheatstones
Nikawa Glue

I used the first two and that's it. Then I decided to delete my data and use back the old one before I started using the SW and then I can't use them anymore....
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Sat May 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Ocean13@ wrote:Bring back a handful of cheats for single player; namely the crafting ones.

Divine Fragments
Spirit Chunks
Anima chunks (not sure what the last name was)
Wheatstones
Nikawa Glue

I used the first two and that's it. Then I decided to delete my data and use back the old one before I started using the SW and then I can't use them anymore....
I have submitted most of the cheats from page 1 to be added. Just show a little patience and cross your fingers. As far as to whether you agree or disagree with the QMO move, it was done quite a lot on the PS3 version and for good reason. You may not understand this but Sony doesn't like cheaters. Especially in PVP. Also, none of the devs like online cheaters either. While I realize this is inconvenient for us, it is necessary. You have to look at it from their side. They have enough heat without adding a huge log to the fire. Also, as Kitsune said, this is Hackinformer and you're welcome to say anything you like as long as it's within reason. If you come on here saying F this and F SW then we will prob give you a warning. However, if you're making a point and simply voicing your opinion then you're good. I know everyone doesn't agree with everything but in the end it's their decision and they made it to protect themselves and the morons that would cheat online. The person I would think that had the biggest reason to beef with this move is KrustyToe but I'm trying to get most of his codes added. Later
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Sat May 06, 2017 3:39 pm

This restriction was already on some of the games on the list .. not every game will have Advanced mode, do to leader boards and so on. this is a given and is a joy of the Online movement.

in the end notice or not, or if we hated it or not. we all know this was the right way to handle it. sure it might piss us off but least now the server is safe and sony and the games devs only have to track down the few people that decided to break it for the rest of us. Compared to if it was left on and everyone used it. SW is not the only one pushing this SE is as well from my understanding . so there will be no way to mod the online side of this game.
Imparasite

Post by Imparasite » Sat May 06, 2017 5:56 pm

pls can someone send request to SW that all users cheats listed on the first page to be added? i knew that ss4gogeta069 already sent mostly of the codes. but we need to send all of the user codes in the first post in just case pls :)