PS4 FW 4.70

News, Games Updates and everything SW related
Whisperbauz

Re: PS4 FW 4.70

Post by Whisperbauz » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:25 am

Exactly. Complaining won't speeden up the process in the first place. Each to their own, just my throwing this in.

You can complain as much as you want, it will NOT help to make it go faster. And whilst you occupy yourself ranting about something you have no influence on it has to be said that this had to be expected.

Isn't it what always happens if anything like a Save Editor is becoming a thing for the latest generation of a console? As long as Sony / Nintendo / Microsoft didn't release the next gen they will keep updating and patching firmware of the old. And they DO know about any kind of homebrew / editors and the like and they will ALWAYS block it out whilst they are still actively working on that console.

It always has been like this in the past, it always will be like this in the future. And everyone who pretends they didn't know cherishes an illusion. You had to know the risk when purchasing your SW license and you seemingly willingly accepted the risk of it.

If you did not, I can only advise you to think carefully next time. Do inform yourself before purchasing a product. Ignorance has never been an excuse.

And to those that keep pretending SW had a green light from Sony, read the bottom line of SW website.

"PlayStation 4 is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment. This product is not manufactured, sponsored or endorsed by Sony Computer Entertainment. Game names are copyright of their respective owners. Save Wizard is a trademark of Data Power Development Limited. Features, games and cheats may be changed/removed without notice."
omegamatt88

Post by omegamatt88 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:52 pm

What bums me out about the update, is that I was forced to update. I have dlc on almost all my games (both free and purchased) and I had to have a connection to the PSN to play my games. And I was unable to connect to PSN w/o updating to 4.70. I was caught in a rock and a hard place. I chose to update and be able to play my games rather then not play at all. Im sure they are working hard to get it fixed, I just hope its sooner rather then later. I have the 2yr subscription (im sure you all do too) so I think we are ok for a little bit.
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am

FUCKING UPDATE all it does it lock up a lot now.
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:27 am

omegamatt88 wrote:What bums me out about the update, is that I was forced to update. I have dlc on almost all my games (both free and purchased) and I had to have a connection to the PSN to play my games. And I was unable to connect to PSN w/o updating to 4.70. I was caught in a rock and a hard place. I chose to update and be able to play my games rather then not play at all. Im sure they are working hard to get it fixed, I just hope its sooner rather then later. I have the 2yr subscription (im sure you all do too) so I think we are ok for a little bit.
FYI u still get to use your DLC even if you dont update the only thing u cant do is pay online .
u still keep all your PSN content .
UntoldTruth

Post by UntoldTruth » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:52 pm

Skiller wrote:
omegamatt88 wrote:What bums me out about the update, is that I was forced to update. I have dlc on almost all my games (both free and purchased) and I had to have a connection to the PSN to play my games. And I was unable to connect to PSN w/o updating to 4.70. I was caught in a rock and a hard place. I chose to update and be able to play my games rather then not play at all. Im sure they are working hard to get it fixed, I just hope its sooner rather then later. I have the 2yr subscription (im sure you all do too) so I think we are ok for a little bit.
FYI u still get to use your DLC even if you dont update the only thing u cant do is pay online .
u still keep all your PSN content .
Yes but that is only if his account is activated as primary on that PS4 because only the primary account of the ps4 has their licenses saved locally. Every other account has to have an online auth check for the game license(on digital games) and for the dlc; which of course means you need to be signed in which of course means you need to be updated to the latest OFW. So if his account is activated as primary on the ps4 or he has another account on the PS4 activated as primary; thus preventing him from activating his account then an online auth would be required to run any game that is digital or has dlc. Yes he could play the games without the dlc but he wouldn't be able to use a game save that was created after the dlc was activated.

I updated myself because for a stupid reason actually since I have a computer and smart tv, but I prefer using my ps4 controller to watch netflix, hulu etc. None the less I had $250 lying around and just bought a new killzone bundle. I obviously will not be updating that as I bought it to jailbreak. I will be using that ps4 for mod my saves from now on.
Whisperbauz

Post by Whisperbauz » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:27 am

FW 4.70 is now supported.