PS4 FW 4.70

News, Games Updates and everything SW related
Darth Revenger

Re: PS4 FW 4.70

Post by Darth Revenger » Wed May 31, 2017 10:35 am

BurnKnuckle wrote:
flyingcloud11 wrote:
Darth Revenger wrote:This begs the question of whether this means that Sony actively knows about Save Wizard and are going out of their way to attempt to block it with each new update. It is annoying, to say the least.

I'm more pissed that this means the chances of Dragon Quest Heroes II being added is delayed... I know they will get Save Wizard working again, they did with the last two or three firmware updates, so that won't be a problem, it's just a matter of time now.
Lol you're dumb if you think FW updates are because of SW. There's rumors of a 5.0 update being announced at E3. Plus new firmware updates will be on the horizon whether cyber gadget/save wizard existed or not.
Alright but to be fair, you didn't need to call him dumb for that or insult him. His answer is not hurting anyone. Putting my cents on quoting here.
Skiller wrote:
flyingcloud11 wrote:
Darth Revenger wrote:This begs the question of whether this means that Sony actively knows about Save Wizard and are going out of their way to attempt to block it with each new update. It is annoying, to say the least.

I'm more pissed that this means the chances of Dragon Quest Heroes II being added is delayed... I know they will get Save Wizard working again, they did with the last two or three firmware updates, so that won't be a problem, it's just a matter of time now.
Lol you're dumb if you think FW updates are because of SW. There's rumors of a 5.0 update being announced at E3. Plus new firmware updates will be on the horizon whether cyber gadget/save wizard existed or not.
LMAO .

here is a question for you if you dont think that they put something in to try to stop the save Editors . then why would they bother changing the Damn key. anyone with a hex editor can see that they Changed the KEY to type 3

Under 4.50 = V1 (this is the type that Xploder wants)
4.50 changed the Key to V2 ( note they did not even have this in the beta)
4.55 ( no key update)
4.70 changed this key to V3 ( note there is no reason to update this key outside of Savewizard/SE)

so yes FW will come out . but the only reason they change the key is to Stop something .
Thanks BurnKnuckle and Skiller.

I am going to take the high ground here and give you a pass, flyingcloud11. You didn't know.

And I want to reiterate that I'm well aware that not every firmware update is for that or does that, but some WILL be in the future.

It's not hard to figure out that (From Sony's point of view) it would actually be in Sony's best interest to patch these kind of things out even if we don't want that to happen
UntoldTruth wrote:
Lakell00 wrote:too bad i found out after i download the update that it ont work with sw for now o well i can live a few days without sw
You're silly if you think it will only take a few days. I expect it will be down for at least a few weeks.
What makes you say that? The past few firmware updates have only taken a few days to get Save Wizard working with it. It will probably take nearly the same amount of time here.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
Lakell00

Post by Lakell00 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:13 am

hopefully it wont take them months to crack this
bree

Post by bree » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:33 am

this is taken off there FB page
Save Wizard for PS4 Unfortunately not all of us are smart enough to work on something like 4.70 fix, so we while away our time working on less grey matter intensive tasks. Remember these are not accidental bugs that have crept into our code.This is a deliberate attempt to stop people like you from modifying saves. If you don't like it, complain to Sony, not us.... then again, best not! But in all seriousness PLEASE be patient, to say this is a difficult task is the understatement of the century!

so I guessing they are blaming Sony....I thought Sony gave theses guys the green light to make SW in the first place,only if they dont make it for online cheating.
chris83

Post by chris83 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:08 pm

bree wrote:this is taken off there FB page
Save Wizard for PS4 Unfortunately not all of us are smart enough to work on something like 4.70 fix, so we while away our time working on less grey matter intensive tasks. Remember these are not accidental bugs that have crept into our code.This is a deliberate attempt to stop people like you from modifying saves. If you don't like it, complain to Sony, not us.... then again, best not! But in all seriousness PLEASE be patient, to say this is a difficult task is the understatement of the century!

so I guessing they are blaming Sony....I thought Sony gave theses guys the green light to make SW in the first place,only if they dont make it for online cheating.
They are not blaming Sony, just stating that every update has a security feature that can possibly block SW, CG, and Xploder. The PS4 is not easy like the PS3. If it was, someone would develop a free save editor immediately. Lol, Sony is not going to give them a green light to make a save editor or save resigning feature. If everyone would be PATIENT and quit posting on FB, please fix 4.70, then maybe they can do it a lot faster, but who knows. All this arguing about 4.70 is just ridiculous. It takes time to fix programs.

From Bree on FB:
"why blame Sony if you had the green light from them to make SW,from what I read from Mr.smiths statement he wasn't complying,this is like a what if,what if you SW or who ever made SW cant fix SW to work with 4.70 or 5.0 or what ever,what then,I do hope you be able to refund every one who bought your SW.SW should of been made were users shouldn't worry about when the next FW update bricking the SW soft wear."

Technology is not simple so PLEASE quit complaining, give them time to do the task.
bree

Post by bree » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:59 pm

chris83 wrote:

They are not blaming Sony, just stating that every update has a security feature that can possibly block SW, CG, and Xploder. The PS4 is not easy like the PS3. If it was, someone would develop a free save editor immediately. Lol, Sony is not going to give them a green light to make a save editor or save resigning feature. If everyone would be PATIENT and quit posting on FB, please fix 4.70, then maybe they can do it a lot faster, but who knows. All this arguing about 4.70 is just ridiculous. It takes time to fix programs.

From Bree on FB:
"why blame Sony if you had the green light from them to make SW,from what I read from Mr.smiths statement he wasn't complying,this is like a what if,what if you SW or who ever made SW cant fix SW to work with 4.70 or 5.0 or what ever,what then,I do hope you be able to refund every one who bought your SW.SW should of been made were users shouldn't worry about when the next FW update bricking the SW soft wear."

Technology is not simple so PLEASE quit complaining, give them time to do the task.
oh please do enlighten me about Technology kid,please do,and complaining why dont you Bi@%h to the others who really complaining,please dont be a freaking white knight
Lakell00

Post by Lakell00 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:18 pm

well as far as save editors go eventually someone will make a similar like bruteforce. Hell i think someone will make save editors for the ps2 classics as well and thats gonna be some real work!!!
chris83

Post by chris83 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:51 pm

bree wrote:
chris83 wrote:

From Bree on FB:

oh please do enlighten me about Technology kid,please do,and complaining why dont you Bi@%h to the others who really complaining,please dont be a freaking white knight
Lol, sure little kid I will be glad to help you anytime, but hold on let me get my white knight costume. I'm not Bi@%hing at anyone, it's just people are going out of control over the 4.70 update. Hurry hurry SW fix it. It is not that easy. Feel free to reply, but I won't respond to your message. Goodbye!!!
AlphaDraco

Post by AlphaDraco » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:05 pm

chris83 wrote:
bree wrote:
chris83 wrote:

From Bree on FB:

Lol, sure little kid I will be glad to help you anytime, but hold on let me get my white knight costume. I'm not Bi@%hing at anyone, it's just people are going out of control over the 4.70 update. Hurry hurry SW fix it. It is not that easy. Feel free to reply, but I won't respond to your message. Goodbye!!!

and you just a little kid for replying,lol wtf this wold is come to,why don't you let the people complain and don't worry what others say,people spend $50.00,if the product screw up or fail they have the right to bitch and complain
bree

Post by bree » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:10 pm

chris83 wrote:
bree wrote:
chris83 wrote:

From Bree on FB:

Looks like a lil crap got triggered good I hope you never reply,and were did I ask SW to fix the problem,you just a lil bi#%h that has nothing better to do.Have a good one.
PikaFiend

Post by PikaFiend » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:31 am

I think this little exchange has kind of gotten out of hand. Granted, I have no power to do anything about it other than to ask everyone to step back and cool off. I think the crux of the issue is that some people recognize that SW could not predict this little snafu and will wait for it to be resolved and others are less patient. I recommend everyone be patient as it's undue stress on your part to constantly think about it and while the issue is being resolved, just occupy ourselves with other things.
"The Bird of Hermes is my name. Eat my wings to keep me tame." ~The Ripley Scroll, author unknown.