To those whom it may concern.

News, Games Updates and everything SW related
Darth Revenger

To those whom it may concern.

Post by Darth Revenger » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:00 pm

FAIR WARNING! This thread will be long and borderline a wall of text were it not for the fact that I separated them into paragraphs. This is a continuation of a rant I posted in another thread (Specifically the Death Stranding Quick Code thread), but realized it veered too off-topic to post in there. This is a response to @chris83 and Briareos Strife. And technically this is a response to the Save Wizard Developers/Creators themselves.

"Now here's where the gloves come off and I will be LESS polite since I'm getting real sick and tired of this CODE NAZI Authoritarian and Totalitarian bullcrap on a product that I bought and PAID for. I say that, but... In all irony, It's annoying that it's really just a """license""" with terms and conditions that apply to it, but my point still stands!

I also don't like the fact that you assume I am an complete idiot when it comes to save editing when I've been doing this literally since the NES and SNES days all the way to now and including Xbox 360. I've never been caught. Why? Because I am not an idiot who edits anything to ABSURD amounts. Guess who does? Save Wizard! There's never any codes for custom amounts or lesser amounts, it's always RIDICULOUS amounts like 999,999,999 (Which I don't always mind, depending on the game) or some other such nonsense. Admittedly I am bad at anything above basic hex editing (such as creating codes, which is beyond me), but that's not what I meant. I meant I am not stupid enough to get caught. I've been using Save Wizard since its RELEASE and have had zero problems, never get caught and never do stupid crap. Why treat your customers like complete idiots all the time, even if some "might" be? (I have this same problem with Windows 10 giving the user LESS control) That's not right. Customer is KING, not the product maker. Anyone ever heard the old saying "The customer is always right"? After all, it is because of us that you make your living, at least treat us properly.

Again, if it affected multiplayer, leaderboards or co-op (Which, again, this game DOES NOT HAVE), I could understand your complaining. But since it does not, and it therefore makes ZERO sense.

And if you and Briareos Strife (Whoever that is) really wanted a """challenge""", you would not be using Save Wizard at all since using it defeats the entire purpose of what you are saying. Let people have their fun how they want to in their own way, for Christ's sake! No one is doing some terrible evil thing. No one is affecting others' experience negatively.

The biggest problems and bones that I have to pick with the Save Wizard developers/creators are:

A.) Their attitudes towards their customers on forums, chat and social media, which is not always friendly which is really BAD public relations. (I'm not saying they are terrible 100% of the time, but they can be pretty big jerks in the aforementioned platforms)

B.) The fact that they have an UNFAIR MONOPOLY on PS4 save editing/cheating by not open-sourcing their works and refusing to release it to the community and public which really should be done, similar to the spirit open source GNU/Linux and github community. (This is the absolute BIGGEST bone that I have to pick with them.) Without competition, they will stagnate and never get better and we will FOREVER be stuck with VERY basic and half-assed codes which frustrates me to NO end instead of cool custom codes or codes similar to suggestions I offered. We have some games with just ONE code, for Christ's sake! (Though most of those aren't games I play, but I am speaking on the behalf of others.) COMPETITION IS HEALTHY. Even if free products or alternatives happen to come out of that. If people stop buying your product, it simply means your work was not good enough to begin with. But if they continue paying, then you've done well against your competition. In this case there is none because you won't release the damn methods!

And don't tell me free alternatives never work. You obviously haven't seen what was available for discontinued/legacy consoles and handhelds. In fact, I'll point you to the most successful free save editing I know for Xbox 360: http://www.360haven.com/forums/forum.php (I am not advertising, there are no paid for products here or anything. It's literally just an Xbox 360 save editing forum with community-created free save editors, I am only using it as an example against the argument that free save editors and such don't work) So Save Wizard claiming that free save editors don't work or get blocked is a complete LIE by Save Wizard to enforce their monopoly on the rest of us. I believe free PS4 alternatives and tools should be available. NOTHING is hackproof.

The only reason I use Save Wizard is because that is the only method available for save editing, if there was a decent free alternative, I would use it right away. Until then, I am stuck with this. (I would be a lot more happier and positive about this if the Save Wizard team didn't handle all of this poorly and weren't jerks about it at times. This has a bit of sweet irony for me, because I know who ultimately created Save Wizard and Game Genie. It's the once-great CMX of cmgsccc.com (Now "codetwink".) I used to respect him a lot until he changed. If another person were in charge, everything would be handled and run better.)

C.) Them being CODE NAZIS and Gatekeepers. NO ONE likes that. No one asked for that. NO ONE PAID THEM TO DO THAT.

D.) THREATENING customers with Quick Mode Only. "Stop doing X or we'll make Y game QMO!" Again, not very good for public relations or retaining customers. Seriously, what kind of company threatens their customers? (Honestly? This one might borderline piss me off more than point B does.) Don't get me wrong, I 100% understand for games that can be multi-player abused and/or leaderboard abused. But then you have games like some of the Dark Souls and Bloodborne games that allows it and those have online MP aspects and yet are allowed to have advanced mode. Fancy that!

The reason advanced mode gets locked isn't because of "stuff like this". It's because Save Wizard did and threatened it. They forced it on us, we didn't ask for it.

The Game Genie team was the same way, in fact, I am pretty sure the Save Wizard team consists of the same people.
That's all I have to say on the matter. If need be, I will recreate this post in its own topic/thread on the general board if this is considered too off-topic for this thread, but I should be allowed to say my piece. Criticism should not be silenced for any reason whatsoever or we are delving into totalitarian/authoritarian "1984" territory. Again, I know I am not the only customer and user who feels this way about all of this.

For the record, chris83: I have nothing against you personally, but you simply happened to be the straw that broke the camel's back. Wrong place, WRONG time. Also, you will be happy to know that I tried editing the likes in advanced mode and it did not work, so you will be even happier to know that cannot be done, which I am fine with. Just please keep in mind that what YOU and Briareos don't find fun, others DO find fun. Please don't tell us what YOU think we need as if YOU know what's best for us. I hate this kind of attitude.

I apologize for being uncivil, I wanted this thread to remain civil, but I am tired of people complaining at me and others like that like we are bad people, which in turns causes us to complain back. Enough is enough already!

I didn't expect to make a post this long, but here it is."

That's all, folks! Please forgive any typos made as I made this post out of frustration and in a rush since I have things to do.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
chris83

Re: To those whom it may concern.

Post by chris83 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:18 pm

Darth Revenger wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:00 pm FAIR WARNING! This thread will be long and borderline a wall of text were it not for the fact that I separated them into paragraphs. This is a continuation of a rant I posted in another thread (Specifically the Death Stranding Quick Code thread), but realized it veered too off-topic to post in there. This is a response to @chris83 and Briareos Strife. And technically this is a response to the Save Wizard Developers/Creators themselves.

"Now here's where the gloves come off and I will be LESS polite since I'm getting real sick and tired of this CODE NAZI Authoritarian and Totalitarian bullcrap on a product that I bought and PAID for. I say that, but... In all irony, It's annoying that it's really just a """license""" with terms and conditions that apply to it, but my point still stands!

I also don't like the fact that you assume I am an complete idiot when it comes to save editing when I've been doing this literally since the NES and SNES days all the way to now and including Xbox 360. I've never been caught. Why? Because I am not an idiot who edits anything to ABSURD amounts. Guess who does? Save Wizard! There's never any codes for custom amounts or lesser amounts, it's always RIDICULOUS amounts like 999,999,999 (Which I don't always mind, depending on the game) or some other such nonsense. Admittedly I am bad at anything above basic hex editing (such as creating codes, which is beyond me), but that's not what I meant. I meant I am not stupid enough to get caught. I've been using Save Wizard since its RELEASE and have had zero problems, never get caught and never do stupid crap. Why treat your customers like complete idiots all the time, even if some "might" be? (I have this same problem with Windows 10 giving the user LESS control) That's not right. Customer is KING, not the product maker. Anyone ever heard the old saying "The customer is always right"? After all, it is because of us that you make your living, at least treat us properly.

Again, if it affected multiplayer, leaderboards or co-op (Which, again, this game DOES NOT HAVE), I could understand your complaining. But since it does not, and it therefore makes ZERO sense.

And if you and Briareos Strife (Whoever that is) really wanted a """challenge""", you would not be using Save Wizard at all since using it defeats the entire purpose of what you are saying. Let people have their fun how they want to in their own way, for Christ's sake! No one is doing some terrible evil thing. No one is affecting others' experience negatively.

The biggest problems and bones that I have to pick with the Save Wizard developers/creators are:

A.) Their attitudes towards their customers on forums, chat and social media, which is not always friendly which is really BAD public relations. (I'm not saying they are terrible 100% of the time, but they can be pretty big jerks in the aforementioned platforms)

B.) The fact that they have an UNFAIR MONOPOLY on PS4 save editing/cheating by not open-sourcing their works and refusing to release it to the community and public which really should be done, similar to the spirit open source GNU/Linux and github community. (This is the absolute BIGGEST bone that I have to pick with them.) Without competition, they will stagnate and never get better and we will FOREVER be stuck with VERY basic and half-assed codes which frustrates me to NO end instead of cool custom codes or codes similar to suggestions I offered. We have some games with just ONE code, for Christ's sake! (Though most of those aren't games I play, but I am speaking on the behalf of others.) COMPETITION IS HEALTHY. Even if free products or alternatives happen to come out of that. If people stop buying your product, it simply means your work was not good enough to begin with. But if they continue paying, then you've done well against your competition. In this case there is none because you won't release the damn methods!

And don't tell me free alternatives never work. You obviously haven't seen what was available for discontinued/legacy consoles and handhelds. In fact, I'll point you to the most successful free save editing I know for Xbox 360: http://www.360haven.com/forums/forum.php (I am not advertising, there are no paid for products here or anything. It's literally just an Xbox 360 save editing forum with community-created free save editors, I am only using it as an example against the argument that free save editors and such don't work) So Save Wizard claiming that free save editors don't work or get blocked is a complete LIE by Save Wizard to enforce their monopoly on the rest of us. I believe free PS4 alternatives and tools should be available. NOTHING is hackproof.

The only reason I use Save Wizard is because that is the only method available for save editing, if there was a decent free alternative, I would use it right away. Until then, I am stuck with this. (I would be a lot more happier and positive about this if the Save Wizard team didn't handle all of this poorly and weren't jerks about it at times. This has a bit of sweet irony for me, because I know who ultimately created Save Wizard and Game Genie. It's the once-great CMX of cmgsccc.com (Now "codetwink".) I used to respect him a lot until he changed. If another person were in charge, everything would be handled and run better.)

C.) Them being CODE NAZIS and Gatekeepers. NO ONE likes that. No one asked for that. NO ONE PAID THEM TO DO THAT.

D.) THREATENING customers with Quick Mode Only. "Stop doing X or we'll make Y game QMO!" Again, not very good for public relations or retaining customers. Seriously, what kind of company threatens their customers? (Honestly? This one might borderline piss me off more than point B does.) Don't get me wrong, I 100% understand for games that can be multi-player abused and/or leaderboard abused. But then you have games like some of the Dark Souls and Bloodborne games that allows it and those have online MP aspects and yet are allowed to have advanced mode. Fancy that!

The reason advanced mode gets locked isn't because of "stuff like this". It's because Save Wizard did and threatened it. They forced it on us, we didn't ask for it.

The Game Genie team was the same way, in fact, I am pretty sure the Save Wizard team consists of the same people.
That's all I have to say on the matter. If need be, I will recreate this post in its own topic/thread on the general board if this is considered too off-topic for this thread, but I should be allowed to say my piece. Criticism should not be silenced for any reason whatsoever or we are delving into totalitarian/authoritarian "1984" territory. Again, I know I am not the only customer and user who feels this way about all of this.

For the record, chris83: I have nothing against you personally, but you simply happened to be the straw that broke the camel's back. Wrong place, WRONG time. Also, you will be happy to know that I tried editing the likes in advanced mode and it did not work, so you will be even happier to know that cannot be done, which I am fine with. Just please keep in mind that what YOU and Briareos don't find fun, others DO find fun. Please don't tell us what YOU think we need as if YOU know what's best for us. I hate this kind of attitude.

I apologize for being uncivil, I wanted this thread to remain civil, but I am tired of people complaining at me and others like that like we are bad people, which in turns causes us to complain back. Enough is enough already!

I didn't expect to make a post this long, but here it is."

That's all, folks! Please forgive any typos made as I made this post out of frustration and in a rush since I have things to do.
In reality, the customer is not always right if they tend to abuse the product. It is not about you just getting caught, but about Save Wizard protecting their product. Some of those people on social media don't follow the rules and sometimes I wonder if they have ever been to the website. If Save Wizard let people use their software, we would have more problems, especially in the multiplayer and co-op games. I'm sure someone could have come out with free save editing software, but that's on them and you will be waiting a while since PS5 is coming next year.
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:19 pm

When your the only group to do something. You don't have to give out your source.
Ranting about the rules they deside is just not smart. Being who I am I agree with everything they are doing if you don't like it do it your self. Outside that live with it.
When 95% of the users use quick codes. You complaining just makes us advanced mode users look like crybabies

So take it from me.. AM Was never something that they needed to support to make sales. So it's nice they have it to start with even if it's limited..

If your going to mod online like the likes that are in death stranding and you get things closed up that will be on you.
Other respectable code makers have stated this is best to not mod since it 1 could get you ban and 2 its directly tied to online. Think about it this way it will also save prople from saying I was ban because of sw.
People don't care if it was a user code that did it

FYI it's me that stated that it's never a good idea to mod stuff that is directly seen online ie likes.. Sw had nothing to do with it. But it can be the case of nioh very simple so they never threatened anything. This is just common knowledge.

CMX is not owner of sw. If you take a look at the sw device and a simple Google u will see who is owner.....
MindController

Post by MindController » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:38 am

Save Wizard was compiled using C#. You can use a program like ILSpy to decompile and create a project in Visual Studio 2019. However, authentication of most actions is done server side, so you may not get very far. You literally have access to all data the program communicates to their server with, as it is all transmitted through plain http with no ssl.
Ruykin

Post by Ruykin » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:16 am

Short and to the point... Don't like the product or people behind it then don't buy it SIMPLE! Also when did people stop reading the fine print? Seems to me that your entitlement is showing a bit... When you find a better "alternative" let us all know. SW has served me well for what I bought it for.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

diergezhanghu

Post by diergezhanghu » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:49 am

This is what I concerngeometry dash unblocked