Expressing Concerns

News, Games Updates and everything SW related
Concerned Consumer

Expressing Concerns

Post by Concerned Consumer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:19 am

lee4_cmp wrote:
Kitsune wrote:In that case I have to delete the code. SW isn't meant for unlocking Trophies.

If Sony sees we are posting codes meant for Trophies we could see an end to SW if they wanted to, and Trophy codes give them that reason.

Sorry guys.
lee4_cmp wrote:To any Moderators
what rules on codes made just for trophy hunting
I see two them in this topic / thread
What two codes? I already got one of them, what's the other one?
[Max Social Link or Friendship] code
viewtopic.php?f=115&t=983#p4873
and
viewtopic.php?f=115&t=983&start=20#p5021
Let me make a disclaimer and preface this by saying I'm not trying to argue for the sake of arguing nor am I trying to be "mean" or break the rules, I'm just peacefully expressing a consumer's/a paying customer's point of view. I'm not trying to be rude and I'm totally calm here, just so NO ONE gets the wrong idea. I mean no ill will or harm, but I AM speaking frankly.

I ask this sincerely: What do you want us to do, not max out our stats? If a trophy happens to pop because of it, that's not our fault. You can't tiptoe around every single code just because it happens to pop a trophy, that means less and less codes overall. That gets really annoying over time. Most of the time we really genuinely just want to max or edit our stats and some of us really don't care about trophies and we don't intend to pop them by using them. I don't want the product I paid for to get MORE restrictive and less worth the money and thus less productive and convenient. Even if you don't host the codes here, someone else will and someone else has probably already backed it up as we speak. It's the Streisand effect. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect) Or at least let us do whatever we want in Advanced Mode, so long as we don't do it in quick mode. (I personally don't care for trophies as they are pointless and unnecessary to me. In fact I wish that they were either optional for accounts or didn't exist at all. I feel the same way about Xbox "achievements".)

I am sure some of the existing official codes probably make trophies pop up even if it doesn't intend to.

Don't assume there's a credible threat from Sony until there actually is and they give an official warning, otherwise it's just paranoia. I haven't seen them go after the Bruteforce Save Data people on PS3, for example and I haven't seen Microsoft go after everyone who use Xbox 360 save editors and reshash + resigning programs (I'm one of said Xbox 360 people), it's not going to happen here on PS4.

If you can get it legitimately by reaching whatever the goal of the trophy is, using a code is not going to matter that much. What they do dislike is things like hacked PS4's with custom firmware and things like that, THAT'S what they're going after.

Either way, keep in mind that we're the ones that's paying for all of this in the end, that's what nets you guys a profit and that's what keeps your product and servers running.

Instead of removing the codes, why not simply remove talk of trophies period? Leave the code up, remove the talking about trophies, problem solved. Removing/censoring/witholding codes from customers is not the right move or answer.

I highly doubt that Save Wizard is going to be shut down and completely removed by the big boogeyman Sony because of a few codes.

Sorry, I had to get that get that off of my chest after seeing removal after removal of codes from the PS3 Game Genie all the time, which slowly annoyed and frustrated me over time and eventually turned into growing disappointment. I guess this is the straw that broke the camel's back and caused me to speak up, since I don't want a repeat of that here.

Not to mention that this isn't the official forum for Save Wizard. It would be wrong to remove the codes. (It's already been done, but my point still stands.)

Basically, please don't punish us because of people who want to use it for more malicious things like attempting to get trophies, that is NOT our fault and we want NOTHING to do with them, so please don't lump us in with them. Don't censor and remove codes because of it. Don't blame the code because of it, since it's not the code's fault.

That's all I wanted to say and I'm sure the mods don't want this discussed further because of what's already been said and will say "End of story", so I won't say anything further at this point and will consider it "end of story" on my end. I'm just saying what a fair bit of customers of both Game Genie and Save Wizard have been thinking for a while now.

Thank you for your time.
Kitsune

Re: Expressing Concerns

Post by Kitsune » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:47 am

Everyone is allowed to express their concerns and no one will fault you for it. That is part of the reason why we take steps we do, if that makes sense.

I removed a code that the ONLY purpose was to get a Trophy faster. It served no other purpose, no stats, no items, no discernable other value.

The code in question, the one you referenced that Lee4 is talking about I am leaving up. That has a purpose involved in the game, to level up our Confidents. That is okay.

As you said there are games out there with codes on SW that will pop a Trophy. I've had it happen and reported it as much to the Support however the code was for Money, which is an important code. That serves a purpose, and if it unlocks a trophy then we accept that.

For the record, the code I removed was the Futaba Navi 249 Trophy code. If someone can prove to me the need for the code I will post it back up. I have a copy of it just in case it turns out to be a mistake. I am also currently playing the game so eventually I will also see for myself whether or not the code is needed for other things.

Whenever I make a code, personally I mean, I try to avoid popping one, and if I can make it so that it won't pop. If people edit my codes that is on them.

I will agree with you that it is unlikely something will happen with Sony or SW. However it could and that is where we are coming from. Why poke the hibernating bear, so to speak?

The only other point I can really bring up is that this isn't an Official Forum for SW. All of these codes are supplied by the Users and moderated by the Hackinformer Staff. We don't represent Save Wizard at all or their own practices. What happens here is a Community effort.

I thank you for your concerns and I am going to move these two posts to a different Topic in the General Forum.
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:08 am

Concerned Consumer wrote:
lee4_cmp wrote:
Kitsune wrote:In that case I have to delete the code. SW isn't meant for unlocking Trophies.

If Sony sees we are posting codes meant for Trophies we could see an end to SW if they wanted to, and Trophy codes give them that reason.

Sorry guys.
lee4_cmp wrote:To any Moderators

Don't assume there's a credible threat from Sony until there actually is and they give an official warning, otherwise it's just paranoia. I haven't seen them go after the Bruteforce Save Data people on PS3, for example and I haven't seen Microsoft go after everyone who use Xbox 360 save editors and reshash + resigning programs (I'm one of said Xbox 360 people), it's not going to happen here on PS4.

Not to mention that this isn't the official forum for Save Wizard. It would be wrong to remove the codes. (It's already been done, but my point still stands.)

Thank you for your time.
Sony can and will ban you for trophy hunting .. iv seen it before, Sure they wont notice 1 or 2 but the way people want to do this is they just want to run codes to get every trophy they its not gameplay to most of them. just like u say its them ones that have Broke this line of Cheats .

also in the end its up to the forum leaders what will be censors . if they want to take the precautions to save you guys from using Codes that are only for getting a trophy then thats up to them.

Reality though. your right its going to be done, but remember this Sony already tried 1 time to block the save device .
FW 2.50 blocked it for a little bit. so they are aware of whats going on dont kid your self . Remember when they ban you its not only your Trophy's but your full PSN account could be ban ..
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:15 pm

I want to add my 2 cents as well. Sony did in fact contact someone over The Game Genie for PS3 concerning codes and trophies. That person was able to explain that there were never codes created by the team for trophy purposes and any found on the forum were promptly removed, thus the Sony rep understood better and was ok with that. However, they were getting ready to do something I think. Take that however you like.
KS212

Post by KS212 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:36 am

All this just reinforces further to me that the advent of trophies/cheevos is nothing but a massive blight/cancer on gaming.

Because of this garbage, we are forced to give up the freedom to share our savegames with friends and the freedom to edit singleplayer saves. All for protecting a system for fostering virgin neckbeardism and creating vastly inflated online egos by giving them an illusion of self-worth where in reality there is absolutely fucking NOTHING of value to be found.

IMO, the entire establishment system of 'trophies' and 'achievements' needs to simply be destroyed and torn down so freedom can be regained. That is my honest opinion on the subject, as it has been ever since the whole stupid cancerous system was created by Micro$oft and it will never change. If it were up to me, I would not only openly promote codes that give trophies, I would give out methods for anyone and everyone to have 100% trophies instantly for the sole purpose of destroying whatever perceived value they have. The sooner the gaming public loses any perception of 'value' in trophies, the sooner things like save sharing and save editing will become open and free again.

If I had 3 wishes from a genie in a bottle, one of the wishes would definitely be for the instant worldwide destruction of the trophy/cheevo 'system'. Instantly gone, wiped from all known memory.

The 2nd wish will be for the criminalization of microtransactions worldwide, punishable by death followed by the destruction of the scam called free2play. But that's another hatred filled angry rant for another time.

Bah.