Skip to content
If you are using Noscript Please Disable it and enjoy our forum
by Darth Revenger » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:23 pm
by ImmortalMilkBOi » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:03 am
by Skiller » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:01 am
ImmortalMilkBOi wrote:Haha, oh man, the moral relativism in this chat is funny af. SW is a product that literally exists by illegally modifying the product of others' work. THey charge for SW, and then pretend to be moral by telling people to not play online? Lol, eehhhh?
I dunno what's worse, the fact that the creators of a product that illegally modifies other people's work charges for it and then imposes restrictions on how people use their illegal product , or that there are people actually backing up SW's decision to deny people advance edit mode/ their message to not play online.Lol, this chat.
Many other online games with competitive components and leader boards can be modded with SW. Even games with a strong emphasis on PvP and PvP community such as darksouls 2 &3 and Bloodborne can be modded, so we know that SW's choice isn't one based in some warped sense of right and wrong, but rather boils down to their personal interest. ANd I think what this issue of people wanting "better codes" is a fair gripe, especially considering that it is highly possible to produce better codes (I have experience save editing since PS2 days, and been hacking MH since MH:Tri). What SW's decision boils down to can be surmised in the following manner:
1. Someone or some people at SW likes monster Hunter and also likes playing online with cheats themselves, but are afraid of SW getting patched out if too many online players are found cheating. WHichs means no cheats for them/more working trying to overcome patch.
2. Even if there is no one at SW that likes MHW, which I strongly doubt, there is a monetary downside if too many players start complaining about idiots with insane stat hacks. Capcom will hard patch SW out, and no cheats in MHW means less sales for SW.
3. SW also knows that MHW, being such a significant release, will move products, so they won't outright prevent people from modding. They still want to make money (dat capitalism).
4. Evidence that backs my earlier assumptions, that someone likes MH at SW, was the speed at which cheats were released for the game. MHW was a worldwide release, which means that they didn't have early access to a Japanese version to get ahead for the western release. So anyone that's been with SW since the beginning knows how slow they can be. Not complaining about it, just stating a fact.
5. In a similar, earlier case, which also supports my assumption that their motivations for restricting cheats is persona isl as follows: One of the members at SW released a message saying that when playing NiOH competitively online, he/she/they played against someone using cheats and therefore they decided to restrict or limit NiOH's codes. Which is what they did. I.e: Personally invested in others not cheating.
I'm not saying that SW is right or wrong about their decision. All I'm saying is that the entire issue is a tad Hypocritical, and that pretending that SW is somehow moral when we consider that their motivations are personal (Monetarily, access to MHW cheats) is ridiculous.
However, if SW does happen to eventually enable advanced editing mode, which I doubt, then I'll be willing to concede that I was wrong about them.
by reksunami » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:19 am
by Laytham » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:16 pm
reksunami wrote:Hello, i'm planning to buy SW for MHW.
SW have updated their software to ps4 5.50, does the codes still works for MHW 2.00 ? does the deviljho items can be increased ?
by TehChozinOne » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:27 am
by Lakell00 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:50 am
by E2daX » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:31 pm
by QuarryTen » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:41 pm
Return to “Quick Codes”
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Web Operations by TurkReno Incorporated | © Copyright HackInformer 2013 - 2019.
IMAGES AND CONTENT NOT DESIGNED OR WRITTEN BY HACKINFORMER ARE COPYRIGHT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.