Resident Evil 2

Aeramis

Re: Resident Evil 2

Post by Aeramis » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:41 pm

Can you stop trolling us and give us the damn code and tell us how this works.
lee4_cmp

Post by lee4_cmp » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:43 pm

CHARACTER SWAP
80010004 90624067
2800000C 000000XX

source:
https://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/ps ... vault.html
Please read Save Wizard forum RULES
https://forum.hackinformer.com/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=985
lee4_cmp is supporter of Game Genie EU and Save Wizard MAX
2424marco

Post by 2424marco » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:15 pm

I confirm found health zombie and location for make one hit kill game, but need particular attention because if you write wrong code , you corrupt data......In particular you when apply code write only for zombie that you still have to meet , so be careful where the zombie , writing exactly the location code......For retrive location code you need look your ( own character Leon or Claire) location code.. Post below the video ...where i modify only some health zombies and i make quike code for help easy you with your own
ZOMBIE HEALT AND LOCATION
80010004 B41276B7
28000018 0000XXXX (max health zombie)
2800001C 0000XXXX (current health zombie)
28000030 0000XXXX (location zombie)
80020004 B41276B7
80030004 B41276B7

Frosti

Post by Frosti » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:35 am

EDIT: Okay, so I'm a big idiot. I only just figured out that you can add/edit codes in Save Wizard's "Quick Mode," which is what codes like this are for:

80010004 90624067
2800000C 000000XX

So yeah, I just spent hours figuring out a way to do something in Advanced Mode that had already been discovered weeks ago using Quick Mode. :oops: I apologize for wasting everyone's time, and I'm removing all redundant info from this post.

The only two things I'll leave here are:

1. for anyone interested, the character code for Sheriff Daniel Cortini (of the "No Way Out" DLC) is 0000001F

2. this quick question: you know the "cat ears" accessory you can unlock/equip in the Ghost Survivors DLC, that grants infinite ammo to any weapon you're carrying? I've been wondering if there might be a way to put them on Leon/Claire in the main story, so that it would have the same effect with them. That would be pretty cool, right? Any tech-savvy people out there think this might be possible? I've been trying to figure out the codes for Leon/Claire's costumes, so I could swap it out with the one for the cat ears, but perhaps it wouldn't work even if I found them. (FYI: I have found the section of code in the System Saved Data (Extra) that pertains to the DLC accessories, I just have no clue where to put it.)

Cat Ears accessory that grants infinite ammo:
Last edited by Frosti on Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yoyotheo

Post by yoyotheo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:33 pm

Frosti wrote:EDIT: Okay, so I'm a big idiot. I only just figured out that you can add/edit codes in Save Wizard's "Quick Mode,"
Don't feel bad. I still don't understand Advanced Mode, and only recently learned about entering Quick Codes, and I've been using Save Wizard ever since PS4 came out, and Game Genie for years before that. I'd love to be able to find my own codes, but I've watched a few videos about it, and my head gets dizzy after a few minutes. So now I just regularly watch these forums on HackInformer and NGU to see what codes people have come up with.

Your idea with the infinite ammo ears sounds great. Hope someone can make it work.

Ted
PS4 / PSVR Gamer / 3D Photographer / 2D-3D Conversion Artist
https://www.facebook.com/ted.whitten
https://www.youtube.com/user/TedwardsTube
Phereo 3D Stereo Photos: http://phereo.com/TedWhitten
Kerthal

Post by Kerthal » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:11 am

Sorry if it was already explained before but I think some people were able to play the 4th Survivor part and other DLCs with the infinite ammo weapon(s). Did I understand it correctly? If yes, can someone provide the codes?

Thanks in advance.
daniloscala

Post by daniloscala » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:03 pm

Aeramis wrote:
Can you stop trolling us and give us the damn code and tell us how this works.
hi sorry, the forum blocks the ip of my country sometimes, so I go in a few times, so it took me a while to see. i changed in advanced, but already put code Xx-GIPPI-xX help me
https://discord.gg/bJ7FUkN
Frosti

Post by Frosti » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:37 pm

yoyotheo wrote:
Frosti wrote:EDIT: Okay, so I'm a big idiot. I only just figured out that you can add/edit codes in Save Wizard's "Quick Mode,"
Don't feel bad. I still don't understand Advanced Mode, and only recently learned about entering Quick Codes, and I've been using Save Wizard ever since PS4 came out, and Game Genie for years before that. I'd love to be able to find my own codes, but I've watched a few videos about it, and my head gets dizzy after a few minutes. So now I just regularly watch these forums on HackInformer and NGU to see what codes people have come up with.

Your idea with the infinite ammo ears sounds great. Hope someone can make it work.

Ted
Thanks for going easy on me. I was so excited when I was composing my first post here, thinking it was going to be this epic & helpful explanation for fellow PS4 users who are new to save modding...imagine my dismay when I realized shortly thereafter that almost everything I had written about and taken screenshots of had been done long before, and in a far more efficient manner. Oh well, my heart was in the right place!

On the subject of more old-school modding software, some of the most fun I ever had with a console was courtesy of my Action Replay Max for the GameCube. Oh man, the codes that people came up with for Resident Evil 4 were mindblowing and made that game even more replayable than it already was. (It always bugged me when people assumed the only reason anyone would use those products is to make the games easier because they're bad at them. Sure, that's one of the potential uses, but there was so much more you could do with it! With the right codes, you could virtually create a whole new gaming experience by turning every enemy of type X to type Y, switch the character you were playing as, and so on. Heck, lots of the codes were actually designed to make the games more challenging.)

Anyway, to get back on the topic of the RE2 Remake: after messing around with the character- and stage-swapping codes, I managed to swap Claire with Katherine Warren inside the RPD's main hall with the cat ears accessory on. However, the only way I could do this was by making the game think I was playing one of the 4 "Ghost Survivors" stages, and since none of those are set in the RPD (Hunk's & Tofu's stage is separate and doesn't allow the use of the unlockable accessories), none of the doors could be opened and nothing was interactable (not to mention the fact that you start with nothing in your inventory, rendering the infinite ammo perk useless). So via trial & error, the conclusion I've reached is that the accessories - cat ears and all the others - can only be worn in those 4 DLC stages, and therefore my idea of having Leon or Claire wear them in the main story is likely impossible, at least for someone as new to modding as I am. Obviously, the game has the ability to grant every weapon infinite ammo, but how to force it to apply that change to the main story instead of the DLC is beyond me. I can't make heads or tails of the system saves, beyond basic things like character & accessory codes.

One interesting experience I had during my experimentation was when I took a main story save and swapped the main character with Hunk and the stage with Hunk's stage. This started me out in the RPD's main hall, which is part of the route Hunk takes in his 4th Survivor stage, and therefore the doors could be opened this time. Sadly, my inventory was still empty, so I figured I was a goner when I encountered the first few zombies...until I discovered that even though all the enemies could see me and tried their best to attack me, I was literally untouchable. I was able to run the whole route - past hordes of lickers & dogs and even Mr. X himself - without taking any damage. Upon reaching the stage exit, the game crashed, but if anyone is feeling frustrated with The 4th Survivor and wants to experience the joy of casually strolling through the stage without fearing for your life, this might be a cathartic option between legitimate attempts.

P.S. I have a question for any of the more experienced modders here: why does simply swapping the character model - without changing any other bit of code - always cause my character to begin somewhere far away from the place where I saved the game, and why does it wipe out their inventory and remove all extra inventory slots? Is it that something locked away in a system save automatically applies these changes based on the character alone? If so, why doesn't Katherine Warren at least start with her default loadout from her "Runaway" stage, for example? I mentioned above that the game somehow knew to put the cat ears accessory on her, even though she was playing a different stage, yet it didn't give her any inventory and still put her in the RPD's main hall instead of the default starting point of the stage I'd swapped in. It's really frustrating to only be able to change some things, but not the things that would make it playable. I'd love to at least have an explanation, so I can be sure it's not just me being stupid (again) and so I don't waste weeks of my life trying to achieve the impossible.
yoyotheo

Post by yoyotheo » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:13 pm

I ran into the same basic thing I guess. I used the cheat to change my character (in the campaign) to the little girl (I forget her name), but quickly realized that was no good, because she can't even hold a weapon!
yoyotheo

Post by yoyotheo » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:21 pm

>It always bugged me when people assumed the only reason anyone would use those products is to make the games easier because they're bad at them. Sure, that's one of the potential uses, but there was so much more you could do with it!

Tell me about it! Not so many years ago, cheat codes were common. Almost everyone loved them. They were published in books and magazines everywhere. But today, you mention on Facebook that you like using videogame cheat codes, or modifying your saves, and everyone attacks you "HACKER!! I HATE HACKERS! You stupid CHEATER!! You must SUCK if you use CHEAT CODES!" I get tired of explaining myself. At least on this forum, most people are on the same side.

I'll be the first to admit, I use cheats mostly to make games easier. But if I want my games to be easy, shouldn't I be allowed that right? I work full time. I have a life. I don't have more than a few hours a week to play video games. I like to enjoy the stories. I also like to feel overpowered, and breeze through games without difficulty. Save Wizard is a god send, for me. I love it. I just wish there was more open communication between the actual people in control, and we the users. I send them saves and other messages, and very often they don't reply. When they do reply, if it's to say they can't help (which is often the case) they won't say why, and won't reply any further. Online, there are plenty of people on hackinformer and NGU that are eager to help, but they don't actually work for Save Wizard. None of them do, as far as I can tell. And so they can't do anything with a game until Save Wizard supports it.

Ted