Death Stranding

DeadManInBlack

Re: Death Stranding

Post by DeadManInBlack » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:49 pm

Thanks for looking into this, every pick up item (non resources ones) has a potential number of likes for handing it in, I believe its the number before the description. Basically the game takes into account various things for likes but if the potential likes for a small item is set to 9999 or something similar you could potentially hand it in and gain major boosts, it may only be for that outpost but its better than 30+ deliveries for each location. Perhaps for any items saved in your private storage?

In regards to the bridge link, delivery speed levels ect you might be able to change the number of likes but suspect they won't affect the level as such and you would probably lose out on the every 10 levels upgrades.
chris83

Post by chris83 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:11 pm

Darth Revenger wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:30 pm
DeadManInBlack wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:28 pm I was wondering if its possible to edit the number of likes provided for lost cargo as work around for the star progression?

Also it seems the resources codes reset to the depot max level whenever they are updated so grab what you can build the roads which are by far the biggest resource hogs, save and add the code for round 2.
You know what? I think we just might be able to. I actually have a high number of likes (around 60,000+) thanks to a road I built. So when I get home from town, I'll look for my number of likes in advanced mode, change it and test that out to see if it works or only has a cosmetic effect without actually leveling you up.

I didn't think of this earlier because I thought progression was tied to delivery performances since the stats adjust accordingly. Now I know what all the likes are actually for.
What is the point in doing this? Other players can see your stats and you will be at risk of being reported easily to Sony. The only thing I did in advance mode is change the amount of materials before a code was made. In fact, I didn't use the max blood/stamina until I completed the game. The real challenge in this game is walking up and down the mountains trying to deliver packages. The difficulty is not even challenging, which I hope new game+ comes or a harder difficulty.
However, if you keep going, you may cause advance mode to disappear because there is no reason to change the likes, bridge link, cargo condition, misc, delivery volume, delivery time, and the porter grade numbers. Doing all this takes the fun out of the game. Enjoy playing with max blood/max stamina and resource cheats to earn those 5 stars for every location and any other stats because that is all you need for this game. This is the reason advance mode gets locked for certain games because of stuff like this.
Darth Revenger

Post by Darth Revenger » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:45 pm

chris83 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:11 pm What is the point in doing this? Other players can see your stats and you will be at risk of being reported easily to Sony. The only thing I did in advance mode is change the amount of materials before a code was made. In fact, I didn't use the max blood/stamina until I completed the game. The real challenge in this game is walking up and down the mountains trying to deliver packages. The difficulty is not even challenging, which I hope new game+ comes or a harder difficulty.
However, if you keep going, you may cause advance mode to disappear because there is no reason to change the likes, bridge link, cargo condition, misc, delivery volume, delivery time, and the porter grade numbers. Doing all this takes the fun out of the game. Enjoy playing with max blood/max stamina and resource cheats to earn those 5 stars for every location and any other stats because that is all you need for this game. This is the reason advance mode gets locked for certain games because of stuff like this.
Alright Moral Orel, I've been polite long enough and seen these comments enough times over the years on this forum that I'm going to reinstate the "rant" I removed from an earlier post, since I've had enough of it. And in fact, it's pretty polite for a rant.

What I removed from an earlier post:

"Small rant: I never understand comments like that, claiming things will "trivialize" or "ruin" the game when the whole point of a cheat device is to basically do exactly that. Personally, I find it fun and not game-ruining. I don't think the request should be turned down just because that particular hacker/developer out of however many there are doesn't find it fun. What he may not find fun, I and others may actually find fun since that is why we use cheat devices in the first place: To have fun, save time and make things less tedious- So long as it doesn't affect multiplayer. It sucks when trying to get codes basically comes down to their "opinion" or "how they feel about it" and it may not happen."

Now let me point you to another post I made earlier that SOLIDIFIES my point on why it's okay and why I'm not doing anything wrong with the product that I (AND OTHERS) paid to have fun and do what I want with, so long as it does NOT affect co-op or multiplayer, which it does not as seen here:
Darth Revenger wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:04 am Why? Even if other players can see it, that doesn't matter since there is no co-op, multiplayer or PvP to speak of. There are no leaderboards either. You can't affect other players' world in a trolling or negative way at all, just stuff that helps them like ladders, ropes, and such. It's impossible to hurt or troll other players in this game. That's why I don't see them turning off advanced mode.
You will be happy to know that I tried editing the likes in advanced mode and it did not work, so you will be even happier to know that it cannot be done, which I am fine with. Just please keep in mind that what YOU and Briareos don't find fun, others DO find fun. Please don't tell us what YOU think we need as if YOU know what's best for us. I hate this kind of attitude.

If they choose to turn off Advanced Mode, that's literally on THEM for doing it and threatening us with it, not us.

Edit: Moved the rest of the rant into its own thread in general, entitled "To those whom it may concern". Feel free to respond there chris83 so as to keep this thread on-topic.
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." -Darth Vader
chris83

Post by chris83 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:00 pm

Darth Revenger wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:45 pm
chris83 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:11 pm What is the point in doing this? Other players can see your stats and you will be at risk of being reported easily to Sony. The only thing I did in advance mode is change the amount of materials before a code was made. In fact, I didn't use the max blood/stamina until I completed the game. The real challenge in this game is walking up and down the mountains trying to deliver packages. The difficulty is not even challenging, which I hope new game+ comes or a harder difficulty.
Alright Moral Orel, I've been polite long enough and seen these comments enough times over the years on this forum that I'm going to reinstate the "rant" I removed from an earlier post, since I've had enough of it. And in fact, it's pretty polite for a rant.

"Small rant: I never understand comments like that, claiming things will "trivialize" or "ruin" the game when the whole point of a cheat device is to basically do exactly that. Personally, I find it fun and not game-ruining. I don't think the request should be turned down just because that particular hacker/developer out of however many there are doesn't find it fun. What he may not find fun, I and others may actually find fun since that is why we use cheat devices in the first place: To have fun, save time and make things less tedious- So long as it doesn't affect multiplayer. It sucks when trying to get codes basically comes down to their "opinion" or "how they feel about it" and it may not happen."

Now let me point you to another post I made earlier that SOLIDIFIES my point on why it's okay and why I'm not doing anything wrong with the product that I (AND OTHERS) paid to have fun and do what I want with, so long as it does NOT affect co-op or multiplayer, which it does not as seen here:
Darth Revenger wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:04 am Why? Even if other players can see it, that doesn't matter since there is no co-op, multiplayer or PvP to speak of. There are no leaderboards either. You can't affect other players' world in a trolling or negative way at all, just stuff that helps them like ladders, ropes, and such. It's impossible to hurt or troll other players in this game. That's why I don't see them turning off advanced mode.
You will be happy to know that I tried editing the likes in advanced mode and it did not work, so you will be even happier to know that it cannot be done, which I am fine with. Just please keep in mind that what YOU and Briareos don't find fun, others DO find fun. Please don't tell us what YOU think we need as if YOU know what's best for us. I hate this kind of attitude.

If they choose to turn off Advanced Mode, that's literally on THEM for doing it and threatening us with it, not us.

Edit: Moved the rest of the rant into its own thread in general, entitled "To those whom it may concern". Feel free to respond there chris83 so as to keep this thread on-topic.
You can rant all you want, but buying a cheating device does not mean you get the freedom to do what you want in the game because there are always boundaries that need to be followed whether you like it or not. I would say it is okay modding any stats that you find in the data, but since those stats are being shown to other PSN players, the values should not be messed with. However, I don't find it fun if I need max carry weight, max movement speed, max resistance, etc. Death Stranding is not hard and it is fun with just the cheats that SW added on the list. This is the reason games get locked because you might as well consider those stats similar to leader boards since it is shown to others.

In a way, you can consider Death Stranding multiplayer because you and others are helping toward a goal: upgrading structures and repairing. All I'm trying to do is help because not everyone agrees with an SW product and if they see you have max stats or 999 million likes, you are bound to get reported. However, the developer could contact SW if this did happen. Do you care about this?
XxUnkn0wnxX

Post by XxUnkn0wnxX » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:30 pm

i hope the community will work on bandwidth, editing the displayed value gets you nowhere *Sigh* been trying compare multiple saves via process of elimination but its a grueling task...

also from sources Discord User: Thela, Quote "according to the person that found it, it's not actually a full value but a counter and the game is just multiplying this counter by a static value to get the displayed value"

i really hope we can find this value so we can reverse engineer how the game calculates the value to find out what to edit.. but i assume we will have to wait till PC version is out & datamine the files to figure this 1 out...
Here
https://discord.gg/Yqfz7EBjEG
mater1983

Post by mater1983 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:31 pm

chris83 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:00 pm
Darth Revenger wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:45 pm

You can rant all you want, but buying a cheating device does not mean you get the freedom to do what you want in the game because there are always boundaries that need to be followed whether you like it or not. I would say it is okay modding any stats that you find in the data, but since those stats are being shown to other PSN players, the values should not be messed with. However, I don't find it fun if I need max carry weight, max movement speed, max resistance, etc. Death Stranding is not hard and it is fun with just the cheats that SW added on the list. This is the reason games get locked because you might as well consider those stats similar to leader boards since it is shown to others.

In a way, you can consider Death Stranding multiplayer because you and others are helping toward a goal: upgrading structures and repairing. All I'm trying to do is help because not everyone agrees with an SW product and if they see you have max stats or 999 million likes, you are bound to get reported. However, the developer could contact SW if this did happen. Do you care about this?

i have to agree with Chris. you dont get the freedom to make whatever codes you want. Sony is still watching and if not. people are. if they see your stats they are gonna know you cheated and all they have to do is report you. and if enough times. Sony will do something about it. so please don't ruin it for everyone :)
XxUnkn0wnxX

Post by XxUnkn0wnxX » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:55 pm

i'd thought i would share some codes that have worked for me, i found these on other forums & since Hackinformer is usually where people go for SW codes it would be nice to have most/all of them in one place.

Trophy Codes:
Birth of a legend/Growth of a legend Trophy Code: - Credits To Code Author derwangler (Discord)

Code: Select all

80010004 9B21C18E
4A0005D1 00000050
400A0004 00000000
To Use, complete a normal delivery (standard order) to take effect.
Also of note, it will mess with your order completion stats, so if you care about those don't keep using that save after applying this and unlocking them.
so in other words revert back to a pre-modded save after using this, after the trophy pops.

Source Thread

Normal Codes:

Max Porter Grade, All Upgrades: - Credits To Code Author derwangler (Discord)

80010004 9B21C18E
A8000011 00000028
FFE30B54 02000000
FFE30B54 02000000
FFE30B54 02000000
FFE30B54 02000000
FFE30B54 02000000

Source Thread

Max Bandwidth: - Credits To Code Author derwangler (Discord)

Use at your own Risk.

80010004 C1CA4F9B
0800000A 0000007F
0800000D 0000007F
48000012 0000007F
40070005 00000000
08000033 0000007F
08000038 0000007F
0800003B 0000007F
48000040 0000007F
40080005 00000000
08000066 0000007F
4800006B 0000007F
40090005 00000000
48000096 0000007F
40020003 00000000
4800009E 0000007F
40040005 00000000
080000B0 0000007F
480000B5 0000007F
40050005 00000000
Also nikolateslaa had this to say when he posted this.
- i'm not certain it will work for everyone but has worked on every save i tried
- if you end up with negative max bandwidth, you should still be able to build things
- you may at some point end up with 0 or a tiny amount of bandwidth when you level up any location. your bandwidth will change dramatically any time you do so
- if you end up with no or a very small amount of bandwidth after leveling a location, i have been able to reapply the quick code to fix it. your mileage may vary
- please let me know if the quick code completely breaks your save and crashes the game on load

Source Thread

Here is Skiller's And Thela's Codes: Codes (DropBox)

Other Notes: i'm not sure what the rules are about cross-posting or linking to the source post is allowed here, i'll remove links if that's the case.
Last edited by XxUnkn0wnxX on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Here
XxUnkn0wnxX

Post by XxUnkn0wnxX » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:16 pm

also as for the Max Bandwidth mod this what is changed within the save:

Offset Row 000001E0 TO 000001F0

2nd Offset Row 000C8A40 TO 000C8B00

i'm trying to understand what each section means or how it correlates in the game.

in the 2nd row the value is changed to 127 (7F) in that section not sure why 127 though.

& in the 1st section i'm not sure how to make sense of it...
Here
mater1983

Post by mater1983 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:30 pm

anyone tried the max porter code? does it show up to other players? just afraid for someone to report me

XxUnkn0wnxX wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:55 pm i'd thought i would share some codes that have worked for me, i found these on other forums & since Hackinformer is usually where people go for SW codes it would be nice to have most/all of them in one place.

Trophy Codes:
Birth of a legend/Growth of a legend Trophy Code: - Credits To Code Author derwangler (Discord)

80010004 9B21C18E
4A0005D1 00000050
400A0004 00000000
Also of note, it will mess with your order completion stats, so if you care about those don't keep using that save after applying this and unlocking them.
so in other words revert back to a pre-modded save after using this, after the trophy pops.

Source Thread

Normal Codes:

Max Porter Grade, All Upgrades: - Credits To Code Author derwangler (Discord)

80010004 9B21C18E
A8000011 00000028
FFE30B54 02000000
FFE30B54 02000000
FFE30B54 02000000
FFE30B54 02000000
FFE30B54 02000000

Source Thread

Max Bandwidth: - Credits To Code Author derwangler (Discord)

Use at your own Risk.

80010004 C1CA4F9B
0800000A 0000007F
0800000D 0000007F
48000012 0000007F
40070005 00000000
08000033 0000007F
08000038 0000007F
0800003B 0000007F
48000040 0000007F
40080005 00000000
08000066 0000007F
4800006B 0000007F
40090005 00000000
48000096 0000007F
40020003 00000000
4800009E 0000007F
40040005 00000000
080000B0 0000007F
480000B5 0000007F
40050005 00000000
Also nikolateslaa had this to say when he posted this.
- i'm not certain it will work for everyone but has worked on every save i tried
- if you end up with negative max bandwidth, you should still be able to build things
- you may at some point end up with 0 or a tiny amount of bandwidth when you level up any location. your bandwidth will change dramatically any time you do so
- if you end up with no or a very small amount of bandwidth after leveling a location, i have been able to reapply the quick code to fix it. your mileage may vary
- please let me know if the quick code completely breaks your save and crashes the game on load

Source Thread

Here is Skiller's And Thela's Codes: Codes (DropBox)

Other Notes: i'm not sure what the rules are about cross-posting or linking to the source post is allowed here, i'll remove links if that's the case.
Laytham

Post by Laytham » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:42 pm

mater1983 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:30 pm anyone tried the max porter code? does it show up to other players? just afraid for someone to report me
It does show up to other players if they click on your profile.

And there is no report system, its just that Hideo Kojima will find you eventually and then ban you forever from online and you'll also get infinite BTs chasing you for eternity