Nioh 2

Xfacadex

Re: Nioh 2

Post by Xfacadex » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:41 pm

Nemasis76 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:37 pm
wild007 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:46 am Just a heads up -- Max Items code still work (see pastebin shared earlier)
zlyguy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:23 pm Update 1.07 broke the save :O
Any solution ?
Make sure you revert your save. Should work now as SW supports 1.07
What do (revert your save) mean
Restore your save to a point before you made the modifications.

Put the USB in your PC and run Save Wizard like you are about to edit your save, and instead "right click" on it and one of the options should be to restore your save (unless you disabled it).
wild007

Post by wild007 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:49 pm

Xfacadex wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:35 pm Update 2 (03.04.2020) skiller mentioned you just need to advance the current codes by by 1 slot (item based codes?)
all current codes are same -- i'm not sure what this means as i cannot visualise it (i seem to be missing the point) but those who understand should be able to modify the existing codes to work...

Anyone able to translate this ;)

I'm not sure what exactly it means.

It means all codes should still work. None of the fixed locations have changed. If some codes break your save, it’s more likely due to a non-unique save file — you should send your save to sw if that’s the case.

There is now a limit on most mods, so if 9999 stats things don’t work, it’s not a bug. V1.07 just checks stats when you load and fixes it
Ruykin

Post by Ruykin » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:19 am

Any chance for a patronage level code?
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

Royaute

Post by Royaute » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:38 am

Ruykin wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:19 am Any chance for a patronage level code?
Kind of unnecessary, seeing as your Patronage goes up when you spend gold, so all you really need to do is to repeatedly buy Books of Reincarnation.
Xfacadex

Post by Xfacadex » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:03 pm

Wow Advanced Mode seems so much more confusing to modify than Bloodborn.

Is it even worth trying to learn at the moment? Is everything patched out of 1.7? I tried a couple codes (other than inventory max, that works fine) but none seem to work.

I mean I can transform items perfectly fine in AM but trying to do something like manually alter an Accessory/Soul is confusing as hell.
charlesium

Post by charlesium » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:32 pm

Here are the IDs of the smithing text of the pre-order DLC armor and weapons. I got those IDs from a save editor written by a Chinese. I've tried the first one and that is the smithing text of "Demon Horde Armor Set".
36DCFBC4-BBD7-45F2-8302-6AEF942A8316.jpeg
36DCFBC4-BBD7-45F2-8302-6AEF942A8316.jpeg (42.45 KiB) Viewed 185706 times
Xfacadex

Post by Xfacadex » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:08 pm

Did anyone else that used the Nioh 2 cheat for "skill points" run into an issue where after the 1.7 patch the game no longer awards skill points at all?

I didn't use them all when I initially put it in and of course when I earned a point it went back to 1 but for the talents/weapon trees I actually placed skills in I can no longer "earn" skillpoints.

It will tell me I was "awarded" a point for using a particular weapon/Onmyo/Ninjustu but the point stays at 0, even if I use a consumable that's supposed to give me a point.
stoner

Post by stoner » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:56 pm

Xfacadex wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:08 pm Did anyone else that used the Nioh 2 cheat for "skill points" run into an issue where after the 1.7 patch the game no longer awards skill points at all?

I didn't use them all when I initially put it in and of course when I earned a point it went back to 1 but for the talents/weapon trees I actually placed skills in I can no longer "earn" skillpoints.

It will tell me I was "awarded" a point for using a particular weapon/Onmyo/Ninjustu but the point stays at 0, even if I use a consumable that's supposed to give me a point.
It's not a 1.07 patch issue - it's been like this since launch. With the exception of Samurai skill points, the game calculates skill points each time you gain proficiency and the calculation is:

(proficiency levels + skill points from hair locks) - skill points spent = available skill points

The codes only modify the currently available skill points rather than the amount you should have, which is why the values reset on recalculation (axe points reset on first axe attack, etc). You've spent more skill points than you should have available, so your skill points are currently a negative number & each time you earn a skill point you get 1 point closer to 0. The game doesn't display the negative values, so it appears as if you aren't being awarded skill points. Just reapply the code when you want to spend skill points.

Since Samurai skill points don't reset, I'd recommend avoiding max points code for it and just giving yourself a ton of samurai locks and using them as needed, unless you want a constant on-screen reminder that you have 9000-something unspent skill points.
Xfacadex

Post by Xfacadex » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:09 am

Odd, it didn't start for me until patch 1.7 and i was getting points until then.

Is there a way to fix it in advance mode? I have no desire to start over completely over to be able to use points and id like to level as normal.
stoner

Post by stoner » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:39 am

Technically, you are leveling normally. What's abnormal is the amount of skill points you've already spent, leading to a deficit. Since it's an issue of how the game calculates skill points, the only way to earn points as normal is to respec those skill trees at the dojo & avoid using the max skill points codes (if you don't have that option yet, it unlocks after beating main mission 3.1 or 4.1, iirc).

Once you respec the skill trees, you can use AM or user codes to give yourself a ton of hair locks for whatever skill trees you want, then use those to get the skill points to purchase any "extra" skills beyond what your proficiency levels would normally allow (caution: using too many hair locks can result in you eventually having all skills purchased with skill points left over, with an on-screen reminder that you have points to spend).

If you want to level entirely normally, then you'd want to respec at dojo and only use whatever skill points you get in-game, without point codes or modding hair locks.